• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Windows Xp fix Me memory leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belgurdo

Banned
Since I seriously need to upgrade anyway, and Me has slowly been chewing away at my HD space since I got the computer

Diablos

Well, it's a totally different operating system, and the way it works with software and hardware is a lot more efficent. You'll see a lot less instability (which includes memory leaks) in Windows 2000/XP. When you upgrade from ME to XP, you don't "fix" anything, you install a new OS. Underneath the user interface, ME and XP aren't a thing alike in terms of handling resources and memory, etc. etc. So when you "upgrade" you really aren't upgrading. They're totally different at the core.

belgurdo

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
man, you're using ME instead of '98?!?

oh yeah, and XP is alot better than ME... then again, so is Win95b

The computer I'm using now I bought off Ebay for $200 and was meant to be a temporary unit until I could get the cash for a up to date one, so I didn't bother adding parts or programs, but then I ran out of cash because I messed up my taxes and spent all summer fixing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom