• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog's Life to U.S. - GO HIP GAMES GO!

BuddyC

$19.99
07/27/04

243418.jpg

Set in the rural midwest US countryside, Dog's Life sees its hero embark on an epic journey that spans the US, taking in everything from ski resorts to vibrant cities along the way. Play as the nimble-pawed protagonist, Jake, a plucky pup with a nose for adventure, you'll sniff out a sinister dog-napping plot involving the canine-hating Miss Peaches and Jake's pedigree chum, Daisy. This is the world's first game where you can truly be a dog - Dog's Life allows you to take on the role of a lifelike hound, rather than prancing round as a bipedal canine caricature. So you can play fetch, sniff out food, chase chickens, and explore your world - doggy-style

# Control and interact with over 15 breeds of dog, each with distinct traits and abilities

# Real game variety - each dog handles differently and can be used to solve different puzzles

# Unique smellovision mode which allows you to see the world through Jake's eyes

# Massive free-roaming environments to explore, with a wealth of characters, mini-games and interactive features to play with

# Over 40 hours of accessible play

# Ability to converge with NPC's...chase chickens, steal sausages, shake kittens

# Nurturing element - keep Jake well-fed and healthy through his adventures

I can't believe I missed this at E3.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A good game to pick to bring over

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
You just made my whole night!

People bitch about Sony, but they've brought over so many games that I wouldn't imagine making it....I'm ecstatic.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Musashi Wins! said:
You just made my whole night!

People bitch about Sony, but they've brought over so many games that I wouldn't imagine making it....I'm ecstatic.

To be fair, its not sony bringing it over. Although sony gave them permission to publish it so they should get some credit

From what I played of it, Dog's Life just seemed like one big fetch quest.

bwa..

bwa ha..

bwahaha!!!!!!!!

The funny thing, though, is that it really did. The control of the dog was awesome and I had some fun just romping around at random, but the actual obstacles and objectives were pretty awful. Also, the voice acting is bad almost to the point where it crosses over and becomes good, but unfortunately not quite - it's just really horrible. :(

Still, I'd probably buy it for $20. It's a fun little curiosity that I'd like to break out and show to friends and non-game players.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wicked, I can finally get my territorial pissing and ass-sniffing on.

...wait, I don't need a game for that.

Top Bottom