• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is officially the only world leader that denies climate change science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kthulhu

Been that way for a while I think, if we're looking globally.

You bring a lot of good stuff to the world as well.

We're going for a cultural victory. We gave up on conquest in the 1880s and science in the 1960s. All the great prophets had been claimed by the time we got serious, and Great Britain had already converted all of our cities, so a religious victory was out of the question.

The Mule

In the US, political views supersede education. So republicans are brought up to believe global warming is a hoax because the coal industry could be hurt if they were forced under strict regulation which could cause people to lose their jobs

It's a text book example of the logical fallacy "argument from consequences".

longdi

Banned
To be fair, i thought obama wasn't as aggressive as he should be for championing climate change, no? What has he done in those 8 years?

I always thought these people don't really deny climate change(or even have any real knowledge of the subject), they are just paid off by oil&gas companies.

Oklahoma is now the earthquake capital of the world. Look at this mess.

Every scientist and environmentalist was telling our state leaders this was happening, but they went into denial mode because it would effect jobs in the gas and oil industry. By the time they accepted the truth it was too late and we're told now the damage is irreversible.

Now imagine this on a global scale. Oklahoma is only going to get worse, and it's because our leaders - throwing snowballs and everything - denied our impact on the world despite universal scientific arguments cautioning us.

So when you think Trump is bad, and he is, remember that we have senators like the ones in Oklahoma who deny climate change solely based on a statement in the Bible that there will always be seasons and harvests and sunrises, so they deny we're screwing up the planet based solely on that.

And now they control all three branches of government.

It's too late to reverse course in Oklahoma. Stand up to this NOW. There literally may not be a second chance.

Isn't this more to do with fracking than climate change?

Sulik2

Oklahoma is now the earthquake capital of the world. Look at this mess.

Every scientist and environmentalist was telling our state leaders this was happening, but they went into denial mode because it would effect jobs in the gas and oil industry. By the time they accepted the truth it was too late and we're told now the damage is irreversible.

Now imagine this on a global scale. Oklahoma is only going to get worse, and it's because our leaders - throwing snowballs and everything - denied our impact on the world despite universal scientific arguments cautioning us.

So when you think Trump is bad, and he is, remember that we have senators like the ones in Oklahoma who deny climate change solely based on a statement in the Bible that there will always be seasons and harvests and sunrises, so they deny we're screwing up the planet based solely on that.

And now they control all three branches of government.

It's too late to reverse course in Oklahoma. Stand up to this NOW. There literally may not be a second chance.

This is an absolutely chilling example of how quickly modern technology can screw up the environment when business is allowed to run wild with no regulation. Now lets imagine this on a national scale for four years with basically no environmental regulation in the USA. Its enough to keep someone awake at night.

NateDrake

Isn't this more to do with fracking than climate change?

The earthquakes are caused by fracking and the wastewater disposal method they use. That said, the amount of methane leaked by a fracking well is quite high and the more we frack the more greenhouse gas is leaked into the atmosphere. Nothing will stop the surge of fracking wells in the country. Cheap natural gas and high profits will keep it going. Human life, health, clean water, and impacts on the environment don't matter.

Pandahammer

Neo Member
Russia
President Vladimir Putin
“One of these problems is certainly that of limiting
organic emissions and keeping global warming within
an increase to two degrees Celsius. I think this is a
realistic plan and we are prepared to work on this
together with our partners.”
Source: Official website of the President of Russia
http://en.special.kremlin.ru/events/president/
transcripts/50850
Lol, Russia. There's a doco on Netflix called city 40. Russia has been dumping nuclear waste into rivers and shit for years. I highly doubt they give a fuck about the environment.

TaterTots

Banned
Is he denying it or saying, "I don't give a shit. I'm going to bring jobs that will hurt our climate?" Like the whole "clean coal" stuff. He has repeatedly talked about putting miners back to work. I think he just doesn't care and will do anything to create job to "look good."

Is he denying it or saying, "I don't give a shit. I'm going to bring jobs that will hurt our climate?" Like the whole "clean coal" stuff. He has repeatedly talked about putting miners back to work. I think he just doesn't care and will do anything to create job to "look good."

He thinks Climate Change is a hoax created by the Chinese. He tweeted this. (and then proceeded to deny it in a debate)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lol, Russia. There's a doco on Netflix called city 40. Russia has been dumping nuclear waste into rivers and shit for years. I highly doubt they give a fuck about the environment.

It's like elections--even though autocrats rig elections, they still feel the need to have rigged elections and at least play at being democrats. Ditto climate change. Some countries are laggards but at least they pay lip service to the idea that it is real and matters. That's what makes Trump and the Republican party's position so baffling.

Henkka

Banned
He thinks Climate Change is a hoax created by the Chinese. He tweeted this. (and then proceeded to deny it in a debate)

What he said was

"I did not say that... I do not say that."

I guess he kinda realised he was fucking up mid-sentence and back-pedalled. Who knows what he would say if asked now, he just makes it up on the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom