• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't expect big reveals at Summer Games Fest, says Geoff Keighley

RavageX

I think he should have the entire show about the current state of gaming. Misguided attempts to force GAAS, stupid development times, things like that.

kaizenkko

I wonder how those people who wanted E3 dead feel now. It was the best gaming time of the year and ever since ALL of these events sucked and were just a disappointment, one by one, no matter who did it.
Without E3 the only things that left was rumors from "insiders". And yeah, those type of people have always existed, but now they have more "power" than never. There's no more hype or excitiment in this industry.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
So we hate him when he "overhypes" and also hate him when he's being candid and managing expectations...

Make It Work Season 2 GIF by CW Kung Fu

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Don't give Geoff a hard time, he's working his ass off. Remember a couple of years ago when Neil Druckman was there and we got to see exclusive artwork for a cancelled game? That was nifty, right?

Yeah, for all the shit we give him, he's single handedly managing the two biggest gaming shows of the year, this and TGA in December.

Thabass

Okay, so the show is going to be filled with a ton of live service games nobody wants nor asked for then. That's kind of the message he's sending. I get wanting to keep everyone's expectations in check, but now I don't even want to watch the show at all. Way to get everyone excited Geoff, lmao....

SantaC

Gold Member
Considering he usually hype up this garbage event it tells stories how bad it must be this year

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I would expect a few third parties support this show. Maybe the new borderlands for example since last time he had tiny Tina’s DND game.

Really there isn’t going to be big first party support here because they have their own shows to promote.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
One of the biggest reasons why E3 died was that the whole premise of trade shows being there primarily for chain-store buyers to pick stock for the holiday season no longer applied.

This is a terrible time of year for announcements when most big new releases are coming increasingly in the first two quarters. Timing's fine if all you care about is CoD and Fifa, but for most everyone else its just not a great time to showcase stuff.

fart town usa

Gold Member
If you are upset over "no big announcements", you should be forced to play Concord starting Day 1, and nothing else, until the servers are shut down.

There are so many games worth playing that people here routinely turn their nose up at and then cry rivers like children when the big bad corporation they claim to hate doesn't reveal a AAA title that will ultimately disappoint.

So many of you do it to yourselves. No better than console warriors on X.

Kssio_Aug

I don't know what everyone in this thread is going on about. Announcements generally suck. There's almost always no gameplay and usually there's barely any details. Give me the first gameplay seen of already announced titles over that nonsense any day.
Yeah, I partially agree. I don't really care for CGI trailers, or teasers that means nothing, or a presentation of a game sequel logo. I prefer to watch actual gameplay.

It's nice to know what new is in development though, although I don't really need a show for that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We go through this crap every year. Haven't we all learned this by now? Or are we going to continue to be battered gaming simps?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wonder how those people who wanted E3 dead feel now. It was the best gaming time of the year and ever since ALL of these events sucked and were just a disappointment, one by one, no matter who did it.
If devs have nothing to show then it wouldn’t make much difference if there was E3 or not…..at end of the day its the games we get excited about, not the actual show itself.

Even before Covid the last couple of E3’s were pretty boring to watch for the very reason.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Went from being extremely excited to extremely disappointed. Guess I'll have to skip it , its not PvE anymore but forced PvP extraction shooter...yawn
PvE games are a dime a dozen. There's been like 10 Extraction Shooters in history which makes it a much more thrilling new genre. Change your attitude, Son.

Last edited:

makaveli60

If devs have nothing to show then it wouldn’t make much difference if there was E3 or not…..at end of the day its the games we get excited about, not the actual show itself.

Even before Covid the last couple of E3’s were pretty boring to watch for the very reason.
There’s some truth in it, but this “forced“ them to show what they had under their sleeves. With the second part I disagree, although those last ones were not the best E3s ever but they were still infinitely better than what we got after. The industry is just going downhill ever since 2020 in every sense.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There’s some truth in it, but this “forced“ them to show what they had under their sleeves. With the second part I disagree, although those last ones were not the best E3s ever but they were still infinitely better than what we got after. The industry is just going downhill ever since 2020 in every sense.
Forcing them to show something when they have nothing to show is not exactly a good idea.

SHA

He's wired to Hideo Kojima, I respect him but his perception to the industry is just negative.

Well, we are far from the E3 of old but I'll still watch it as there are some already announced games that I would like to see updates for:

The Plucky Squire
Splinter Cell Remake
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D
Dragon Quest XII
Prince of Persia Remake
...etc

ProtoByte

That's what happens without crunch.

Top Bottom