• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't like Yakuza's new turn-based combat? Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth lets Kiryu switch to real-time brawling

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Yakuza series, now rebranded to Like a Dragon, made a controversial choice with the most recent mainline entry when it ditched the series' traditional real-time brawling combat for turn-based fights. And while Yakuza: Like a Dragon, is a triumph by almost every measurable metric, a lot of fans still wish they could throw hands in real time like the good ol' days. In Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, the next mainline game in the series, they can.

As the most recent gameplay trailer demonstrates, returning hero Kiryu can bust out his old fighting style at certain points in combat. Check it out at the 1:15 mark in the below trailer, timestamped for your convenience.

Hudo

That's cool. But I rather really like the turn-based combat Sega have introduced in Like A Dragon. It's really fluent and fast if you know what you want to do. I really had fun with it. So I hope it's either optional or they don't overdo it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom