• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 Director Hopes To Release More Info On Game Soon

Draugoth

Gold Member
dragons-dogma-2-820x394.jpg

jgcetmd7dm8a1.jpg

Japanese publication Famitsu asked a number of game creators involved in the production of popular games about their aspirations for the year 2023. In his response, Dragon’s Dogma 2 director Hideaki Itsuno stated that he is very immersed in the development of Dragon’s Dogma 2, and that he hope to release more info soon.

Itsuno shared some of his hardships in 2022 and personal goals for the year 2023. Half of the year 2022 was ruined due to the Lumbago pain that he was suffering from. Therefore, he’s been keeping his health in check. After full recovery and getting a bike license, he looks forward to trying a full marathon challenge. As huge fans of Itsuno and his work, we at Twisted Voxel wish him the very best.

Earlier this year, Itsuno confirmed that Dragon’s Dogma 2 is in development. While the platforms haven’t been announced as yet, it’s safe to assume that all current-gen platforms will be supported. The announcement came as part of the ’10 Years of Dragon’s Dogma’ Developer Video.

Itsuno recalls his first encounters with high fantasy as a result of traditional pen-and-paper role playing games. This sparked his interest in RPGs in general, which he would take with him throughout his time working on arcade games for Capcom in the 1990s. By the year 2000, Mr. Itsuno had begun to create his own fantasy universe, which would later become Dragon’s Dogma.

source

A PS SOP possibly? Unless MS grabs the marketing rights...In either case, I do not see Capcom unveiling it before June of next year.

Last edited:
The first game had everything but interesting quests and memorable characters. Even as I was informed by a fellow gaffer how only 1/3 of the planned world made it the night dangers and swappable pawns still made travel fun. I hope they achieve everything they wanted to but couldn't the second time around.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
News about Dragon's Dogma 2 always put a smile on my face.

It's hard for me to be excited for new games nowadays but not with this one. Holy shit, can't wait.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
The pawns were actually extremely clever, it's just that not many people figured out how to use the system
they dont do anything most of the time. Its not responsive enough.
Most of the time they are not doing what I want.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
That's because you don't know how to teach them, or how to pick pawns that do the things you want to get done.
err no im pretty sure i do.
I completed the game and the expansion many years ago.
I know about the inclination system.

Spaceman292

Banned
they dont do anything most of the time. Its not responsive enough.
Most of the time they are not doing what I want.
You have to teach them first. Once they know what to do, they'll beat up the bigger monsters by themselves by going straight to their weakpoints.

OsirisBlack

Banned
It smells like MS move this one.
I can see day1 gamepass written all over it, if they want that global audience.
How about the game just releases everywhere so everyone can buy it. Honestly Gamepass is a great place for indie and medium budget games …… day 1 gamepass for a highly anticipated AAA game is a sure fire way to lose a lot of money.

feynoob

Banned
How about the game just releases everywhere so everyone can buy it. Honestly Gamepass is a great place for indie and medium budget games …… day 1 gamepass for a highly anticipated AAA game is a sure fire way to lose a lot of money.
The game would be released everywhere.
It would be just like wolong fallen dynasty. Day1 on gamepass, and day 1 for all platforms.

It will help Capcom get more money that way.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
Yes.
No one says no to $30m-$50m guaranteed.
I'd be willing to bet that Dragons Dogma II, a highly anticipated, long-awaited, AAA game, won't have any issues making money on its own. What's the split on Game Pass? (looked it up myself) So, after some very quick research, it is very helpful for indie developers and gets them a substantial boost in both exposure and revenue. Not the same story for AAA games as the 20-30% revenue they get does not compensate for the overall loss in selling their product. For some games, MS pays a flat fee for a timed service subscription which is large enough to offset the low percentage they offer Developers on Game Pass. It's not an exact science but in some cases (if your game wouldn't do well on its own) Game Pass is a blessing. MS would have to pay a pretty big fee for certain titles to be day 1 on Game Pass. Looks like 70b might cover it for Activision games.

Top Bottom