• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

kitzkozan

So I bought and played this finally.

Part of the reason I wasn't that active recently.

First play through was 143 hours. All maps cleared of active quests. Second play through, realizing there were quite a few that I'd missed. Level 25 Elf Rogue. Most trophies received. Haven't played on higher difficulties yet.

A very... simplified... RPG.

That isn't a knock. In some ways it feels similar to a Zelda title now. And even though I'll miss the DAO style... I really don't hate what they've built. They're doing what they do best, turning the role-playing into your dialog more than combat, with fun and interesting characters.

I really like the majority of this cast.

The overarching story isn't exactly all that special. It isn't bad, and some of the big plot twists were fun and make sense in a way. Well... one of them at least.

I'm enjoying it. But only scratched the surface. I won't know how much I love it until I've spent at least six hundred hours with it.

Yeah, this is more or less what I expect out of DA:I. It won't be looked at a best of all time wrpg like The Witcher 3 is destined to be, but so what? :p One should look forward to a Bioware game as a lesser version of what CD Projekt does. Inferior writing, storytelling and game design along with slightly worse mechanics and tech. Disappointing in a way, but at least they can still provide wrpg with AAA production values.

I bought DA: I for a very good price, so I'll play it after I'm done with this The Witcher 3. Given how huge that game is, along with MGS V it might not even be before the end of 2015 (hoping for a sale on the DLC since it seems interesting).

diaspora

As per Trespasser but, did anyone else notice that
Solas is essentially the same in motivations as The Architect? Both are willing and able to destroy the world to save their people, and both feel sad about doing so I guess.

Ralemont

not me
Just a heads up that Trespasser added two really cool things across the entire game (not just for the DLC): "trials" and ability toggles.

Trials are optional modifiers you can give to the game to make it more difficult. Some of them some great (double disapproval points, harder versions of enemies with new combat abilities) some sound....no thanks (all bears are elite now, lolol).

Certain abilities now have two upgrades you can toggle between freely. It sounds pretty damn cool and makes some abilities useful that you'd never use otherwise.

Take a look!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Good on you, Ralemont. I was actually fixing to make a similar post this morning.

It kind of amazes me that the blog post is humble enough to refer to all this as "a little bonus" -- this is a pretty terrific feature through and through. I'm having a blast with the toggles.

Ralemont

not me
Good on you, Ralemont. I was actually fixing to make a similar post this morning.

It kind of amazes me that the blog post is humble enough to refer to all this as "a little bonus" -- this is a pretty terrific feature through and through. I'm having a blast with the toggles.

I am especially excited about the double disapproval points. There's a lot of character interaction content I haven't even seen because it's too easy to get everyone to like you. It also feels more natural when your big decisions have such a negative effect on a character that no amount of telling them what they want to hear in convos can make up for it.

Grisby

So I bought Jaws and The Descent to play before Trespasser. Oh crap, is it weird trying to come back to this game.

Popping back into the game and everyone is gone. Had to load it back up to get peeps to show up in Skyhold.

For some reason when I left off playing last year I distinctly remember not making a choice when asked to send
Vivenne away to become the divine
, but now, even though she's there, I can't choose her.

Also, even though I romanced her, Cassandra's just saying, "hey inquistor", and I remember being able to ask her to make out or some shit. Is that another bug?

diaspora

So I bought Jaws and The Descent to play before Trespasser. Oh crap, is it weird trying to come back to this game.

Popping back into the game and everyone is gone. Had to load it back up to get peeps to show up in Skyhold.

For some reason when I left off playing last year I distinctly remember not making a choice when asked to send
Vivenne away to become the divine
, but now, even though she's there, I can't choose her.

Also, even though I romanced her, Cassandra's just saying, "hey inquistor", and I remember being able to ask her to make out or some shit. Is that another bug?

No. Romance is still "active" but you can't do anything with it once you beat Corypheus.

edit: Until you go into Trespasser.

Grisby

No. Romance is still "active" but you can't do anything with it once you beat Corypheus.

edit: Until you go into Trespasser.
Thanks, been busy. Couldn't reply.

I beat Jaws of Hakkon and got to judge a
freaking bear
. So I/m good. In all seriousness it was a bit on the shorter side but Frostback Basin was gorgeous.

Seriously, I forgot how good this game looks. Everything is so damn colorful. Started the Descent and I'm a little leery because the Deep Roads were never my favorite part about DA, but so far it;s been alright. Also, Solid Snake.
Brb taking a stroll into the deep roads

OGRE ALPHA OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE
So true.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why is collecting materials for your class upgrade so tedious. Been trying to find these soul containers or whatever to turn into Sera's class on my Rogue forever. Wandering the spawn points on the Storm Coast over and over and over to no avail. Easily the most frustrating part of the game.

Grisby

Finished the Descent. There was some real Mines of Moria shit going on in several places and I really liked it. The last boss seemed like a jump in difficulty though, had to retry a few times.

The last area was very pretty. Overall the dlc turned my opinion around on the Deep Roads.
Story stuff:
So lyrium is Titan blood eh? Man, can you imagine fighting a Titan in the next DA game all God of War style?

Also, Snake!? Snake!? SNNNNNAAAAKKKKEEEE!

Ready to start Trespasser but am I correct in assuming that it wipes out your active quest log? Can you keep playing after it's done? Either way I am going to make a save before it.

Ralemont

not me
Finished the Descent. There was some real Mines of Moria shit going on in several places and I really liked it. The last boss seemed like a jump in difficulty though, had to retry a few times.

The last area was very pretty. Overall the dlc turned my opinion around on the Deep Roads.
Story stuff:
So lyrium is Titan blood eh? Man, can you imagine fighting a Titan in the next DA game all God of War style?

Also, Snake!? Snake!? SNNNNNAAAAKKKKEEEE!

Ready to start Trespasser but am I correct in assuming that it wipes out your active quest log? Can you keep playing after it's done? Either way I am going to make a save before it.

1. Yes it wipes your log.
2. No you can't keep playing.

I also finished the Descent tonight and thought it was good. The final boss was making me rage on Nightmare until I just bit the bullet and played the whole thing in tactical cam, which made it fairly easy.

Grisby

1. Yes it wipes your log.
2. No you can't keep playing.

I also finished the Descent tonight and thought it was good. The final boss was making me rage on Nightmare until I just bit the bullet and played the whole thing in tactical cam, which made it fairly easy.
Thanks.

I might try Nughtmare for my second go around (which will probably be before the new game drops). Wanted to try it with Kinght Enchanter since it was supposed to be OP, but I believe it got nerfed.

diaspora

I kinda wish in hindsight they used Anders instead of Calpernia. I mean I do like her, but I feel like Anders would have fit the mage and tevinter supremacy mold better considering how he approves of giving Fenris back to his tevinter slavemaster.

Yeul

I kinda wish in hindsight they used Anders instead of Calpernia. I mean I do like her, but I feel like Anders would have fit the mage and tevinter supremacy mold better considering how he approves of giving Fenris back to his tevinter slavemaster.

I can only begin to imagine the outrage if that happened. BioWare at it again with abusing Anders, etc. etc.

diaspora

I can only begin to imagine the outrage if that happened. BioWare at it again with abusing Anders, etc. etc.

Anders is the closest Bioware has come to creating a redpill type character.
They should have done it for the shitstorm.

Yeul

Anders is the closest Bioware has come to creating a redpill type character.
They should have done it for the shitstorm.

I certainly wouldn't have been bothered. I really have no attachment to DA2 regardless of how much I like the series as a whole. Edit: Even saying I don't like DA2 that much is blasphemy in some circles and worthy of lots of mean comments.

diaspora

I certainly wouldn't have been bothered. I really have no attachment to DA2 regardless of how much I like the series as a whole. Edit: Even saying I don't like DA2 that much is blasphemy in some circles and worthy of lots of mean comments.

I don't think anyone likes waves of enemies appearing from thin air and dropping down.

Done with Hinterlands for the time being after exactly 20 hours. Left the Dragon and Valammar for later even though I am LVL9.

Spend another 10 hours doing various stuffs - Val Royeaux and Storm Coast. I unfogged 75% of Storm Coast and really love this area. The long river splitting it into N and S parts is a great touch. The giant Dwarven Statues here and there look awesome.

I cannot access the Red Lyrium cave right now and I cannot beat the Rift in the most SE corner of the map (Waterfall Cave) but that's alright. I killed the Giant in almost a fair and square fight because he had 90% health.

I can engage two bears at once now and come out victorious. I encoutered however the Wandering Mage of Doom - a random Mage enemy - who disintegrated my party time and time again. I could not damage him fast enough between him bringing up his barrier again. Wow. A random wandering dude can destroy my LVL9 party. Eeek. I run away every time I see him. He spawns in the S part of the map.

Gonna move to the Marshes tomorrow. After unfogging that I will try my luck in the Desert area. Only after that I will move the story forward via siding with the Mages or siding with the Templars and doing their respective Main Quest.

My party consists of:

- me a Qunari Mage
- Cassandra
- The Iron Bull *OR* Vivienne if I feel like
- Varric

All LVL9. Cassandra has some amazing equipment that I found including rare sword, armor and shield! She is a fucking tank. Iron Bull dies 10x faster than her :/

Each one of my party has 8 unused Ability Points because I cannot decide which ability to learn. It makes the game really hard because a) I lack some mid-level abilities, b) I lack the +STR, +END, +MAG etc. upgrades from learning those abilities. I am pushing my luck, though, and seeing how far can I go before learning them! Playing on Hard BTW as I did in all Dragon Age games.

---

Really, really loving the game but in my eyes it really does not feel like a Dragon Age title. It's just some Superb Looking RPG referencing Kirkwall, Denerim, The Wardens (I have Warden Blackwall by the way) etc. once every 4 hours in some random party talk. Even Varric does not feel like Varric :(

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

That would have been so cool.
I still hold out small hope he'll pop up in DA4. In a small way. Somehow. Because reasons. Dammit.

Really, really loving the game but in my eyes it really does not feel like a Dragon Age title. It's just some Superb Looking RPG referencing Kirkwall, Denerim, The Wardens (I have Warden Blackwall by the way) etc. once every 4 hours in some random party talk. Even Varric does not feel like Varric :(

It feels like a right true Dragon Age title when the main quests and companion quests are taken into account, I think. In the final telling, you may change your mind. Thinning everything else out, the foundation is definitely there. It's not as long plot-wise as I'd wanted, but it isn't really all that much shorter than Origins, I don't think. Right now you're choosing to indulge in all the side content (which is obviously fine, since you're loving it!) and that makes it all feel distinctively un-DA.

As for Varric... well, the years haven't been kind to him. He's jaded. He has some DA2-like moments here and there, though. ;)

diaspora

That would have been so cool.
I still hold out small hope he'll pop up in DA4. In a small way. Somehow. Because reasons. Dammit.

It feels like a right true Dragon Age title when the main quests and companion quests are taken into account, I think. In the final telling, you may change your mind. Thinning everything else out, the foundation is definitely there. It's not as long plot-wise as I'd wanted, but it isn't really all that much shorter than Origins, I don't think. Right now you're choosing to indulge in all the side content (which is obviously fine, since you're loving it!) and that makes it all feel distinctively un-DA.

As for Varric... well, the years haven't been kind to him. He's jaded. He has some DA2-like moments here and there, though. ;)

Anders would probably be the easiest character to bring back. If you kill him in DA2 he would have been able to come back as just Vengeance in a corpse. If you didn't kill him, he'd die on his own and come back as Vengeance in a corpse. Don't think it's happening though, Bioware, or at least Laidlaw isn't fond of bringing back old characters.

43 hours in. Playing on hard.

I did everything possible before picking Mages/ Templars side:

- closed every Rift possible. The hardest was the most western one in The Hinterlands - in Simeon's Cave (sp?). Reloaded at least 20 times.
- killed the Dragon in The Hinterlands. Took me 1.5 hours pew-pewing him from a hideout.
- defogged everything possible in The Mire, The Oasis and Storm Coast of course.
- fully opened the Ice Door in The Oasis.
- did every side quest possible.

That made my party LVL12. I fully levelled The Inquisitor, did not level up yet the rest of my party. Dispell spell breaks the game. So damn OP.

With that being said... I ROLLED THROUGH Alexius like he was some LVL1 mob. Used only 1 potion during that fight.

It was a great arch with the time travel. Props to BioWare - I think this is the first time I've seen time travel quest in a western RPG and it was done pretty damn good. Old (?) Leliana gave me the shivers and the ending was terrific with your party literally dying in front of your eyes...

... Bioware, or at least Laidlaw isn't fond of bringing back old characters.

Oh really?

Explain Morrigan, Flemeth, Alistair, Loghain, Hawke, Leliana, Varric, Cassandra, Cullen and probably more that I'm forgetting showing back up in some capacity in Inquisition.

Granted, I'm fine with BioWare bringing back characters from past games should it make sense and it feels well thought out. But especially with the revolving door of Player Characters BioWare has etched in stone as some immutable rule for every DA game, I kind of wish they'd make as much of a clean break with dredging up these old characters from game to game, if they're not going to bring back the corresponding old Player Character to interact with the old companions.

So bringing back somebody like Isabela in DA2 after her tiny role in Origins was fine. Same with Cullen or Cassandra- those are characters with small roles in Origins and DA2 that are more fleshed out in Inquisition. But bringing back a previous companion / love interest like Morrigan or Leliana or Alistair for Inquisition without the Warden from Origins to interact with them? Eh, it just kind of falls flat to me, and yet BioWare seems to have no problem doing that, to the point where I think it kind of cheapens those characters' development, since they have those old characters get up to big life changing moments, yet you're stuck interacting with them as the Inquisitor who has very little emotional connection to those old companions compared to your Warden for instance.

And it will likely be the same thing with
Solas
going forward since they've said that character's story isn't done and yet the Inquisitor likely is kaput in terms of being a playable character.

I did everything possible before picking Mages/ Templars side:

You just might burn out if you keep doing every single little thing going forward. Maybe not if you're enjoying the core gameplay but the problem I had with Inquisition was that I kept doing every single little thing before advancing the main quest lines thinking there would be some more meaningful story or narrative rewards for doing that side quest stuff. But in the end, the only real story content you get out of the game is the main story quests and the companion stuff. Everything else you get will at most be some codex entries or maybe some interesting war table missions. But that stuff you're honestly just as well off looking up on the DA wiki or something, unless you're still having a blast with the gameplay.

diaspora

Oh really?

Explain Morrigan, Flemeth, Alistair, Loghain, Hawke, Leliana, Varric, Cassandra, Cullen and probably more that I'm forgetting showing back up in some capacity in Inquisition.

Granted, I'm fine with BioWare bringing back characters from past games should it make sense and it feels well thought out. But especially with the revolving door of Player Characters BioWare has etched in stone as some immutable rule for every DA game, I kind of wish they'd make as much of a clean break with dredging up these old characters from game to game, if they're not going to bring back the corresponding old Player Character to interact with the old companions.

So bringing back somebody like Isabela in DA2 after her tiny role in Origins was fine. Same with Cullen or Cassandra- those are characters with small roles in Origins and DA2 that are more fleshed out in Inquisition. But bringing back a previous companion / love interest like Morrigan or Leliana or Alistair for Inquisition without the Warden from Origins to interact with them? Eh, it just kind of falls flat to me, and yet BioWare seems to have no problem doing that, to the point where I think it kind of cheapens those characters' development, since they have those old characters get up to big life changing moments, yet you're stuck interacting with them as the Inquisitor who has very little emotional connection to those old companions compared to your Warden for instance.

And it will likely be the same thing with
Solas
going forward since they've said that character's story isn't done and yet the Inquisitor likely is kaput in terms of being a playable character.

You just might burn out if you keep doing every single little thing going forward. Maybe not if you're enjoying the core gameplay but the problem I had with Inquisition was that I kept doing every single little thing before advancing the main quest lines thinking there would be some more meaningful story or narrative rewards for doing that side quest stuff. But in the end, the only real story content you get out of the game is the main story quests and the companion stuff. Everything else you get will at most be some codex entries or maybe some interesting war table missions. But that stuff you're honestly just as well off looking up on the DA wiki or something, unless you're still having a blast with the gameplay.
Fanservice? He's the one who said it was contrived and works against trying to create a big world, not me.

Edit: I don't even know why I'm even arguing. Tell them that, not me.

Damn, no one does story in RPGs better than BioWare/ Black Isle.

I loved the attack on Haven part and the unveiling of "last boss" and his pet dragon.

The last fight near the catapult with the Knight Commander mini-boss was insanely hard. I couldn't beat them... at all. Somehow I managed to Barrier my way out and just turned the catapult again and again not giving a damn about the enemies around me. I died when the catapult was 90% ready, switched to Cassandra who was the only one alive and somehow, magically, restored The Inquisitor and recast Barrier in the same second - that allowed me to finish turning the catapul around.

The approach to Skyhold cutscene was magnificent. I've already spent 5 hours in Skyhold alone, Jesus...

This game will never end won't it? It is also incredibly pretty. Dat Frostbite 3!

Revisiting Inquisition after a long break from the game, and I still really enjoyed it. I loved playing Trespasser, now I want to make a
Solasmancing
elf character and replay the entire game.

Ralemont

not me
It was a great arch with the time travel. Props to BioWare - I think this is the first time I've seen time travel quest in a western RPG and it was done pretty damn good. Old (?) Leliana gave me the shivers and the ending was terrific with your party literally dying in front of your eyes...

Yeah that was a great quest. What's more impressive is that the Templar path is also a great quest. It really is a great story branch.

Also, you were agonizing about picking abilities earlier: you probably realized it already but you can buy a Tactician's renewal in your smithy shop that lets you respec. And it's pretty cheap. In fact, I'd recommend it for everyone once you unlock specializations, since specializations are pretty OP.

Yeah that was a great quest. What's more impressive is that the Templar path is also a great quest. It really is a great story branch.

Also, you were agonizing about picking abilities earlier: you probably realized it already but you can buy a Tactician's renewal in your smithy shop that lets you respec. And it's pretty cheap. In fact, I'd recommend it for everyone once you unlock specializations, since specializations are pretty OP.

Yeah I forgot about those amulets. Anyway don't need to level up or respec right now. as everything on my path dies pretty easily except that last Catapult encounter in Haven. But thanks for the tip.

Talking with everyone and exhausting every dialogue in Skyhold was pretty damn tiring :/ I have so many new, uncharted maps to explore... they really did the World Exploring part in this game SPOT ON. It is a breath of the much needed air after being closed in Kirkwall for like 80 hours! I really hated that city near the end of DA2.

I can understand why it won 100s of GOTY awards. The game is simply an amazing RPG that gives you so much freedom. I think I appreciate that this is the "end game" of Baldur's Gate type of RPGs evolution. Because it basically *IS* Baldur's Gate with resources gathering. A little lighter on the story to be frank but that's alright.

Don't mind the requisition crap and mining/ gathering resources at all. It is not needed to progress in the game. I had 107 Power when I entered Skyhold and unlocked every area, main quest possible already (most expensive was the Orlesian Masked Party for 30 Power).

I so want to romance Cassandra but she's such a bitch. Oh well, Cassandra 4 ever <3

My main and forever party is: Cassandra, Iron Bull, Varric. Varric sometimes deal 2000 damage in one shot - incredible! Iron Bull wishes for that kind of damage output hehehe.

What really surprised me about the time travel quest is that ususally it happens:

- in JRPGs (FF13-2)
- in a sci-fi setting

Yet BioWare did it in a western RPG set in medieval times. And... it worked. It really worked.

Very original quest/ idea. Major props to the designer of this arc.

Ralemont

not me
I can understand why it won 100s of GOTY awards. The game is simply an amazing RPG that gives you so much freedom. I think I appreciate that this is the "end game" of Baldur's Gate type of RPGs evolution. Because it basically *IS* Baldur's Gate with resources gathering. A little lighter on the story to be frank but that's alright.

Yeah, I'd say it's most similar to the undirected exploration of Baldur's Gate I except with a lot more story and character.

So after doing everything in Skyhold I decided to go to Emprise du Lion first because I liked the name most.

It was ummm... tough, very tough. Some of the monsters had that skull icon when I fought them (Cassandra's quest). I managed to get to Imshael after 8-9 hours abusing the combat system and zoning of enemies but you cannot cheese in that boss fight. It took me a couple of tries but I killed him, yay. Me and Cassandra were on our last health bars, he had like 2% health left but he casted that damned Guard on himself. Then it was just a race of DPS/ Barrier spell cooldown. Very intense fight, he reminded me of the Sloth Demon in DA1 in the Fade what with all his forms and whatnot.

The view from top of Sulden Keep was breathtaking. You can literally see the wooden planks down in the Quarry, the planks you were traversing 5 hours ago under those huge chains. This is some insane graphics for an RPG methinks. The whole area has some INSANE art direction with white snow and red lyrium intersecting all the time.

I love how this game has now a loot system that is very Diablo-like. For instance my best 1H weapon for Cassandra was some 169 DPS Templar Sword that I found someplace. In Emprise du Lion I found a Tier 3 Axe schematic --> boom 240 DPS Axe for Cassandra. Crazy. It made the area so much more manageable. I found so many LVL 18 weapons that I cannot use yet (my party is LVL 14).

Schematics and Tier 3/4 Materials are KEY in this game! If you don't craft your own stuff you can be severly behind the DPS curve for a given area.

diaspora

Emprise is very... aggressive.

Edit: It's always been interesting that
Flemeth/Mythal
fully accepts Lavellan and other elves as one of "the people" while
Solas
and
Abelas
do not. Even in Trespasser,
Solas accepts that you're no less of a person yet he still makes the distinction.

jonjonaug

So after doing everything in Skyhold I decided to go to Emprise du Lion first because I liked the name most.

It was ummm... tough, very tough. Some of the monsters had that skull icon when I fought them (Cassandra's quest). I managed to get to Imshael after 8-9 hours abusing the combat system and zoning of enemies but you cannot cheese in that boss fight. It took me a couple of tries but I killed him, yay. Me and Cassandra were on our last health bars, he had like 2% health left but he casted that damned Guard on himself. Then it was just a race of DPS/ Barrier spell cooldown. Very intense fight, he reminded me of the Sloth Demon in DA1 in the Fade what with all his forms and whatnot.

The view from top of Sulden Keep was breathtaking. You can literally see the wooden planks down in the Quarry, the planks you were traversing 5 hours ago under those huge chains. This is some insane graphics for an RPG methinks. The whole area has some INSANE art direction with white snow and red lyrium intersecting all the time.

I love how this game has now a loot system that is very Diablo-like. For instance my best 1H weapon for Cassandra was some 169 DPS Templar Sword that I found someplace. In Emprise du Lion I found a Tier 3 Axe schematic --> boom 240 DPS Axe for Cassandra. Crazy. It made the area so much more manageable. I found so many LVL 18 weapons that I cannot use yet (my party is LVL 14).

Schematics and Tier 3/4 Materials are KEY in this game! If you don't craft your own stuff you can be severly behind the DPS curve for a given area.

Congrats, you took on what is intended to be one of the two final areas of the game way before you're supposed to. You're right that equipment is just as important, if not more so than your actual level. One easy way to break the second half of the game is to go to the Hissing Wastes and make a mad dash for all of the level 3 schematics lying around.

Congrats, you took on what is intended to be one of the two final areas of the game way before you're supposed to. You're right that equipment is just as important, if not more so than your actual level. One easy way to break the second half of the game is to go to the Hissing Wastes and make a mad dash for all of the level 3 schematics lying around.

To be honest I cheesed the two Giants encounters. I could just not face them head on and survive. The Behemots, Red Templars etc. were perfectly doable fair and square with some luck and potions.

Imshael didn't get stuck on level geometry like Flamelurker in Demon's Souls, I didn't run in circles around him etc. It was a 100% fair head on battle. Luckily I restored my potions before entering his hall and luckily I had known the Dispel spell which was crucial for his Rage Demon form. I managed to kill him on my 3rd try. LVL14, hard mode with crafted Tier 3 Weapons except Bianca.

On to Pools of Sun I go now then it's either Hissing Wastes or Emerald Groves or the rest of new areas (Hawke's area I left for last because it was marked as Main Quest).

62 hours in and it is a great game. I am lucky I bought it even after reading countless whining about the MMO-isation of the Dragon Age formula. But then I rather trust Metacritic than Gaf, no hard feelings Gaf.

diaspora

To be honest I cheesed the two Giants encounters. I could just not face them head on and survive. The Behemots, Red Templars etc. were perfectly doable fair and square with some luck and potions.

Imshael didn't get stuck on level geometry like Flamelurker in Demon's Souls, I didn't run in circles around him etc. It was a 100% fair head on battle. Luckily I restored my potions before entering his hall and luckily I had known the Dispel spell which was crucial for his Rage Demon form. I managed to kill him on my 3rd try. LVL14, hard mode with crafted Tier 3 Weapons except Bianca.

On to Pools of Sun I go now then it's either Hissing Wastes or Emerald Groves or the rest of new areas (Hawke's area I left for last because it was marked as Main Quest).

62 hours in and it is a great game. I am lucky I bought it even after reading countless whining about the MMO-isation of the Dragon Age formula. But then I rather trust Metacritic than Gaf, no hard feelings Gaf.
You're going to pools of the sun? Brave.

Bessy67

I just started up a new playthrough and was wondering what DLC is worthwhile. I'm pretty sure I'll get Trespasser, but are Jaws of Hakkon or the Decent any good?

jonjonaug

I just started up a new playthrough and was wondering what DLC is worthwhile. I'm pretty sure I'll get Trespasser, but are Jaws of Hakkon or the Decent any good?

Jaws of Hakkon has an OK plot and is very well designed for exploration and side quests. If you liked the better open world areas of DA:I you'll like Hakkon.

Descent is essentially a four to five hour dungeon crawl with constant encounters. It's kind of a drag.

Top Bottom