• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Inbachi

Neo Member
Yeah or add new stages or something. I did the non-buster tower last night and made it about half way through. I wish the rewards didn't have a limited time to claim; all those experience potions are going to waste away. :(

Salamande

Gaia is an aoe beast. I was planning on just making her and setting her aside while i farm for hero essences but seeing her demolish lab is making me reconsider this approach.

Right? Her black hole that cancels buffs and prevents them for 7 seconds has saved my ass multiple times. She's great.

Salamande

I guess I should enjoy this while I can, because I'm sure it won't last. #2 isn't bad at all.

yZnsy5Q.jpg

Gaia just wrecks in PvP right now. And she's just +4!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Whizkid7

Made Tracy and Iota :)

Those robots from tower sure were useful for maxing Tracy using as few essences as possible.

Now time to work on Epsilon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have everything I need except for 2 ancient essences to make Iota this weekend (waiting until Sat night to finish ulting marg and ravengale for the 50% cost). Pretty pumped about, been playing the game "seriously" for a bit over a month now and this will be my first buster.

Salamande

Gaia mc, omega, iota, tracy epsilon?

Close. Iota's on 1%, that slot's meant for Marg. Tracy's in Ouranos, and I don't have Epsilon. 

Next week I'll be getting awakened Fulson, so he'll probably take Marg's spot when that happens (and Tyr when she comes). I was actually going to go for Shiva after Tyr, but that might be too much for me to handle as a mostly F2Per.

Anoregon

I swear to god, RNG knows I'm just 1 essence away from Iota. Literally over 100 shoes today and nothing.

Uff...
I Free too near the Sun and got burned..
Forato that the purple dragon was renewing and i had not enough rubies..
No autoshard no ss<gear..
The pain is real

Limit

Planning out ahead is really tough right now. And the biggest reason for that is ally spots. If instead of 110 the limit was at 250 or something, no issue whatsoever. I could keep storing all the allies I need for future awakened allies. But I have 17 fodder SSS atm with character slots filled to 98 and no B or C allies. Makes it a pain to juggle. Can't even make decent use of 1+1 without wasting a bunch of S allies away.

Ventara

Haven't been able to play this week since I almost reached my bandwidth cap for the month, so I won't be able to make Shabelle until next week, and it'll probably be the end of the month before I Ult her. I'm tempted to spend some rubies on buying allies, but I have a lot of SS units to go through already, and still need to farm gold.

Anyways, I find Iota a little underwhelming. I only did 1 run for the world boss, but she didn't raise my score that much. 50M for Golem and 400M for Hydra. Omega improved my score way more.

So after burning a ton of rubies on the 1+1 event I'm left with ~1400 rubies, an ultimate Fulson, and 15 SSS. I have 12 hero essence so I can awaken him, but I'm going to have to buy essence in order to Ult him. I'm also contemplating use 5 SSS to Ult Deathcrown or saving them for Lucienne.

Got my Epsilon maxed :) Easy part is done - now 30 SSS to get all awakened for Tyr.

So after burning a ton of rubies on the 1+1 event I'm left with ~1400 rubies, an ultimate Fulson, and 15 SSS. I have 12 hero essence so I can awaken him, but I'm going to have to buy essence in order to Ult him. I'm also contemplating use 5 SSS to Ult Deathcrown or saving them for Lucienne.

What else do you have ?

Limit

Consider farming hero essences unless you want to ult. Fulson asap. I'm currently sitting on 400 or so; all from farming. Been farming since they were released and have made one Ult awakened mercedes so far. Also sitting on 105 million gold and can't recall exactly how many extra SSS I made because of farm drops. At the very least it was noticeably more than my usual rate. Farming is the way to go fam.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Think A. Fulson is worth making if I already have Hawk and will probably skip Tyr? Seems like he'd be good in regular Arena but if I don't know if it's worth the resources if I decide to skip Tyr.

Consider farming hero essences unless you want to ult. Fulson asap. I'm currently sitting on 400 or so; all from farming. Been farming since they were released and have made one Ult awakened mercedes so far. Also sitting on 105 million gold and can't recall exactly how many extra SSS I made because of farm drops. At the very least it was noticeably more than my usual rate. Farming is the way to go fam.

Right now my team isn't good enough to beat the second to last level of DD, let alone farm it efficiently for hero essences. Also I play Dragon Blaze on the phone so playing for too long will make the phone overheat.

KimChi

Right now my team isn't good enough to beat the second to last level of DD, let alone farm it efficiently for hero essences. Also I play Dragon Blaze on the phone so playing for too long will make the phone overheat.

No need to farm destruction dungeon. I've been farming Ivory Grave 9 for hero essences and I'm up to 100 essences now since farming it last week. If you got a computer handy you can also try emulators to play dragon blaze, either bluestacks or andyroid.

Limit

Think A. Fulson is worth making if I already have Hawk and will probably skip Tyr? Seems like he'd be good in regular Arena but if I don't know if it's worth the resources if I decide to skip Tyr.

I'd say he is a luxury character then. Good for Golem too but if limited on resources then ultimately skippable. I'm making him only because I simply have no room to store any more SSS and I don't want to ult characters whose awakened forms are still months out.

Ehh it's a bit of hard question - Fulson and Lucienne are great key holder for pvp/pve but on the other hand they are completly not needed for Rogue Giant.

Anoregon

Holy shit I just had some amazing luck with SSS pulls/combines

lol jk, I definitely need like 3 more sorceror theros thanks game.

ufff..
iota get..
now ffs game, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, can you gibe me some free rubies from the sky?
i've emptied both my sss reserve and ruby reserve..
and now i have to start awekening peeps..
I need 30 sss for the rogue ds..
normally i would not give a flying sausage, but I've already skipped stigma, so i definitely need rogue ds :)

second thing: given how *spread* the ticket consumption currently is, i've noticed that guild battle rankings were a joke.. my guild managed to rake in a LOT of rubies and the score wasn't that much higher than usual...

Whizkid7

Thank you 300 free rubies yesterday. Shabelle's ready for awakening and got plenty of hero essences stockpiled. Was even able to upgrade Pluto. It was definitely a good idea to make him; I can break 5% on Shariet now. Gonna devote some time to Lab later in the week and see how much more I can push that.

arevin01

+7 Stigma has enabled me to get top 1% on both golem and hydra =) Max Pluto gets me top 1% for shari. Though I don think I can hold these rankings for long as DS and more awakened heroes come along.

Limit

+7 Stigma has enabled me to get top 1% on both golem and hydra =) Max Pluto gets me top 1% for shari. Though I don think I can hold these rankings for long as DS and more awakened heroes come along.

Cool. What's your team composition? Even with max Stigma I am barely in top 5%. And I am appreciating how straightforward of a dps character Fulson is. No super fancy skills. Dude just hits like a truck.

arevin01

Cool. What's your team composition? Even with max Stigma I am barely in top 5%. And I am appreciating how straightforward of a dps character Fulson is. No super fancy skills. Dude just hits like a truck.

priest+omega+iota+stigma+belle

I use belle instead of raven because she has potential for better score, for helper I dont see much of a improvement from it though I scored the highest at 582mil with shabelle. Currently sitting at rank 62.

Whizkid7

My god Shabelle is a monster in arena now. With 2x ATK Speed she shut down an entire team in the first five seconds of a fight. It was a total slaughter.

Ventara

My god Shabelle is a monster in arena now. With 2x ATK Speed she shut down an entire team in the first five seconds of a fight. It was a total slaughter.

For real? Damn, I'm excited, though I won't have her ready until the end of the month.

Anyways, combined for a Fulson, so I now have all 3 heroes needed for Tyr, minus 39 spare SSS, lol. Gonna wait and see if there is a super Buster coming up in Korea, and what the requirements might be.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Made A. Shabelle along with A. Mercedes. I'm just going to start going full steam ahead for the Dark Souls. I spent like 4000 rubies over the weekend so I was able to get quite a few SSS. I still have about 4500 saved for the next 1+1 too.

Buster arena is tough now. I used to be able to just cruise to 5% and push for 1% but now with everyone having full teams of busters, it's a fight just to stay at 5%.

Limit

Ehh making awakened feels kinda boring after getting busters.

I had the same inclination too but seeing A. fulson and shabelle wreck through hero arena made me feel good about making them. If only old GB was still around I would be enjoying A. fulson and other deified allies even more. Speaking of GB; hero GB is easily the worst mode in the game atm. Just dull as fudge. And the current meta makes each match last 5 minutes long too. It needs to be revamped, badly.

Top Bottom