• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - E3 2019 Trailer

Bullet Club

Let's get this thread rebooted.

Dragon Quest 11 is heading to Switch this fall with an option 16 bit visual style from the Japanese 3DS version

n19hVKm.jpg

XJUGJYQ.jpg

The plan is to release Dragon Quest XI S around the world sometime this Fall, and it seems like that's going to pan out. A rating for the game has just popped up in Australia, which certainly is a good sign. Perhaps we'll get an official worldwide release date at this year's E3.

Rran

Looks amazing. Good things come to Nintendo fans who wait!

I'm slightly concerned about the lack of a solid release date, but we'll see.

Bullet Club

It is also a feature in the Japan-exclusive 3DS version. A nice bonus for the Switch release and it also makes some sense if you think about the series' origins on Nintendo.
I was really annoyed when they canned the Western 3DS release, but at least we have ended up getting a version of it eventually.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve been checking the “Coming Soon” section on Switch incessantly for an updated release date for this. I can’t wait.

Oh so good! Please tell me this is October. I can't take another November release.. Death Stranding, Star Wars Jedi, Pokemon, Shenmue 3, and I'm sure something else I'm forgetting.

RPGCrazied

How does 16-bit more work? Turn it on with a button press? Can the entire game be played like that?

Last edited:
I have a Switch and want this but I already have a save on my PS4 version of DQXI.

I love the game but it's long AF ****groaaaannnnn******* I don't want to do this all over again from scratch so soon.

RPGCrazied

They showed this off in the treehouse and there is a load of new stuff in this version. The only thing that worries me is resolution. Base PS4 was only 900p. Are we looking at a 720p docked game? I'm hoping if they pair down graphic features they can get it up to 900p. No way this does 1080p docked.

Top Bottom