• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Information | Capcom Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
M8UhPQ9.jpg
FydMZPRaYAERiUt

FydMlACaEAAunMy
FydMjDkaYAEshod

• Leoternise is the new race
  • World is 4x times the size of the original
  • Beastmen can also be pawns
  • Ulrika is the name of the bow girl from trailer
  • Nadinia is the name of the catgirl from the poster. She's a high-pristess.

More will be revealed later.

Last edited:
I started the first game up there other night.. felt a little jank at first, but I was starting to get into it before I shut it off to go to bed. Kind of looking forward to messing with it more. A little random but I don't understand why the supporting character girl has such large breasts and my character is flat chested though, is that something I did in character creation that I didn't notice? Admittedly I don't pay a ton of attention to them when making a character. I started on hard it doesn't seem too bad thus far.

Suffice to say the trailer for this game is what made me finally jump into trying the first game.

Last edited:

tusharngf

4 times is still small compared to first games map was really tiny. I hope they increase the gameplay time which was around 20hrs. DLC added another 10 i guess.

IAmRei

although i know the first one not big, but i had the feels i know every area like my backyard, every person in gran sys like my own friends, i feel like the world is alive, even pawn who supposedly without soul, they are alive for me... i don't ask much for the second game, even just expansion from the first one, is fine for me. anyway, i replayed the first now, still happy to playing with the first game, can't wait for the next!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
That image of the map really undersells how big the original game actually is.

No co-op almost single-handedly killed my hype for the game.

Game has always been single-player with social features. It was never about direct co-op. That said, I fully expect them to try something with four Arisen or Two arisen and two pawns (the later being more likely than the former if you ask me). The pawn system is too integral to the gameplay for them to just make this an entirely co-op experience (like development of your pawns is half the game).

Holammer

I would have expected a more cute Japanese Kemono touch to the beastmen (i.e, Foxy ladies), instead we get something fugly designed to appeal to western Furries & zoophiles. Suppose they'll show more traditional Tolkien'esque races like Dwarves & Elves later.

Kindela

Banned
That image of the map really undersells how big the original game actually is.
/snip
I remember it like this as well.

Also, the original version (without the dlc) had some insane fast travel requirements if I recall correctly, which had me hiking through half the map a few times. It felt really, really large.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
I just LOVE Draugoth.
I bet he has clones or an outsourcing call center in India to do his bidding.

I wish for the indian power. So i became the indian.

Someone CTRL C+ CTRL V'd the original map since they mentioned 4x the size:

1fvd92gs9o5b1.jpg

Probably not a good comparassion since we dont know how it will look like.

The map size in Square Kilometers was never revealed by Capcom.

DD2 map should be around 16.6 square miles, which is the size of Skyrim's map.

Gorgon

I started the first game up there other night.. felt a little jank at first, but I was starting to get into it before I shut it off to go to bed. Kind of looking forward to messing with it more. A little random but I don't understand why the supporting character girl has such large breasts and my character is flat chested though, is that something I did in character creation that I didn't notice? Admittedly I don't pay a ton of attention to them when making a character. I started on hard it doesn't seem too bad thus far.

Suffice to say the trailer for this game is what made me finally jump into trying the first game.

We better contact Capcom asap to make sure they fix that on time for DD2.

LRKD

Game has always been single-player with social features. It was never about direct co-op. That said, I fully expect them to try something with four Arisen or Two arisen and two pawns (the later being more likely than the former if you ask me). The pawn system is too integral to the gameplay for them to just make this an entirely co-op experience (like development of your pawns is half the game).
True, but it was the one of if not the most requested thing from the first game to the point that they made an mmo sequel that was unfortunately Japan only. So most players outside of Japan never got to experience it, and still want to experience a coop dragon's dogma. They should've had something even if it was limited to a smaller dungeon like bbi or something. Not a deal breaker for me, just dumb that they aren't including it.

IAmRei

the news a week ago hyped me too much, and i ended replaying the game again, being newgame ++ now, i don't know somehow this game is keeping me to play even i know how it is ended etc etc... i hope the second game later can also brings replayability like the first.

Dr_Salt

True, but it was the one of if not the most requested thing from the first game to the point that they made an mmo sequel that was unfortunately Japan only. So most players outside of Japan never got to experience it, and still want to experience a coop dragon's dogma. They should've had something even if it was limited to a smaller dungeon like bbi or something. Not a deal breaker for me, just dumb that they aren't including it.
My theory is that they are gonna use DD2 as starter to catapult DDO2 and fill it with microtransactions so they can keep printing money forever.

Last edited:

Pejo

Probably not a good comparassion since we dont know how it will look like.

The map size in Square Kilometers was never revealed by Capcom.

DD2 map should be around 16.6 square miles, which is the size of Skyrim's map.
Yea it's literally just a copy/paste of the original map, thought it was interesting for scale.

I really hope they don't ruin the overworld for the post game again. Making the world darker and more foreboding sounded good on paper, I'm sure, but I think most players were put off by it. It'd have been better if beating a "superboss" would have returned the skky to how it was, IMO. I also hope all of postgame isn't done in a 2nd Everfall/BBI way. They have a really cool world and after your first run through, it's basically useless. I didn't mind the dungeon exploring for BBI but it was fun mostly for the encounters, not the exploring. I'd much rather a nice balance between overworld and many smaller dungeons spread throughout the realm.

My personal wishes at least.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This is suppose to be on steam day one as well. which is awesome. It really is a good time to get into PC gaming.

Top Bottom