• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors developers want to make a Star Wars Musou game

Bullet Club

Dynasty Warriors developers want to make a Star Wars Musou game​

“A lot of different IP and works have been brought up”

lTx5R76.jpg

Dynasty Warriors series producer Akihiro Suzuki has revealed that he would like to make a Star Wars Musou game.

Speaking to JPgames, the producer mentioned that there are often discussions within his team about which IP they’d love to work on.

“Within the dev team, a lot of different IP and works have been brought up,” he said. “This is solely my own opinion, but my own personal wish would be for a Star Wars crossover.”

The producer also revealed his hopes for the Dynasty Warriors series going forward, specifically with how the move to the current generation of consoles may impact future games.

“I’d like to be able to increase the sense of immersion into the battlefield through more realistic depictions, especially through the visual representation and the individual movement (AI) of every single soldier,” he said. “Also, if we can have multiple people playing simultaneously online, that would be really fun.”

EA recently announced three new Star Wars projects from Respawn Entertainment, including a sequel to Jedi Fallen Order.

As well as the sequel, a Star Wars first-person shooter game is being helmed by former LucasArts veteran and Medal of Honor co-creator Peter Hirschmann, who has previously worked on the original Battlefront games, The Force Unleashed and more.

Respawn’s third Star Wars project is a strategy game developed through a production collaboration with Bit Reactor, which is a new studio formed by veterans of XCOM and Civilization studio Firaxis Games.

Quantic Dream, the independent developer behind narrative games Detroit and Heavy Rain, also recently announced Star Wars Eclipse, which is reportedly inspired The Last of Us.

Source: VGC

Alexios

Banned
Sengoku Basara is so much more fun in a similar formula, I wish Capcom doubled down on it like Koei does. Well, I only got to play 3 and I could see many ways to improve it (mostly the 1 on 1 stuff didn't work as well as the crowd combat) but still, it was great fun.

Although some of the Warriors spin offs also twist the formula enough to be fun in their own way I guess, like Dragon Quest and Zelda, but other times they also failed, like Berserk and Arslan. One Piece was so so I guess. I dunno about Gundam and some others...

Edit: wait, it's these developers wanting to do a Star Wars game, or wanting to do a Musou Star Wars game specifically? That can of course mean very different things, Attack on Titan as mentioned is theirs but it's not really a Musou game at all in practice, naturally.

Last edited:
A mousou game set in the Clone Wars that broadened/updated the strategic components of the Empires games would be very cool.

JCK75

Nothing in life has given me the heartbreak that seeing Link and Hyrule come up in a Nintendo Direct only to find out it's just a shitty Warriors game..
I don't need this to start happening with Starwars too.

VN1X

Banned
Never played Musou games until Hyrule Warriors DE and I've loved them (the spinoffs) ever since. Age of Calamity, Fate EXTELLA/LINK and Berserk have all been fantastic.

I wouldn't really care for a Star Wars musou game though as the IP has lost all its appeal to me over the years but who knows... might be decent? Seems like the perfect fit in any case.

tmlDan

Nothing in life has given me the heartbreak that seeing Link and Hyrule come up in a Nintendo Direct only to find out it's just a shitty Warriors game..
I don't need this to start happening with Starwars too.
did you play them? Hyrule Warriors is fun

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I guess the “grunt” type bad guys in Star Wars are totally useless and weak (droids, storm troopers). Sounds like a perfect fit for Musou.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This would be the greatest thing of all time, y'all forget how satisfying the opening to force unleashed was where you controlled vader? It would be that times 100.
In fact it could literally be this:

Yes please.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I like both Hyrule warriors... Marín is my favorite character.

Berserk is good too!

But I dislike the pop up of the characters.

Talking about this.

The fire emblem musou is good?

The only I dislike are the Dynasty warriors.

I think one of the worst are Warriors all stars

Alexios

Banned
This would be the greatest thing of all time, y'all forget how satisfying the opening to force unleashed was where you controlled vader? It would be that times 100.
In fact it could literally be this:

Yes please.

Is this by Samurai Jack animators? Cool stuff.

Fbh

Could be fun if they put a bit more effort into making it unique, like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity which was pretty fun aside from running at 15fps.

Musou would be breath of fresh air at this point

souls games are the new musou

I wish man.
They get to work with fun Ip's like One Piece, Saint Seiya, Berserk, Gundam, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Persona, etc.

90% of "Souls like" are just Dark Souls knockoffs

Tiamat2san

I’ll that.
They are better while they do it with other’s IPs
Zelda, one piece, gundam, berserk were cool Musou.
Star Wars could be great.

Top Bottom