• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 DVD set at Gamestop

Chi-Town

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=067981

I picked this up yesterday. It's a pretty cool set and it's nice having the company press conferences. The only off thing is that they have Area 51, Narc, and Psi-Ops on the Nintendo disc and those games aren't coming to the Gamecube.

I especially liked the Jade Empire, Kameo, and Republic Commando segments. They give you a really nice long look at the gameplay with commentary from people who are working on the games. The Mechassault 2 one was also pretty good but the poor guy was trying to demonstrate features and the other people playing the game kept killing him.

On the other end, the guy doing the commentary on Spikeout:Battlestreets is a playtester who felt the need to mention twice that they want to keep the game "FRESH" by having downloadable outfits and hairstyles.

Auron

It's a pretty cool set, I picked it up myself(where's FFXII though?). Grab one if you don't have high-speed to download the vids.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Hmm... how many hours of footage is on this DVD? Would it be worth picking up for someone who already went to E3? There's something said for being able to sit back, relax, and watch some goings-on at E3 from the comfort of your couch on a big screen TV, as opposed to a computer monitor. I'm sure everybody missed at least something, since there was so much going on at the show.

Chi-Town

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Hows the quality of the vids?

Pretty good. Most of the videos are direct feed, except for some where someone is doing a demonstration and giving their commentary and even those look pretty good.

Chi-Town

DCX said:
Worth it you would say?

DCX

I'd say it depends. If you have all the consoles, or you're a big fan of one in particular, or you're hyped up for the PSP or DS, or if you just like to collect video game items for historical reference it's a neat thing to have.

Chi-Town

Checked the discs for the time of the segments...

PC disc

PC games 1 hour 30 minutes
9 segments of Floored(an E3 show) 1 hour

Nintendo Disc

Press Conference and interviews(get your Reggie fix) 58 minutes

Gamecube games 1 hour 35 minutes
DS games 10 minutes
GBA Games 20 minutes

Fancam(they put a camera on this guy's head and he toured the show floor) 30 minutes

Xbox Disc

Press Conference and interviews 1 hour 27 minutes

Xbox games 2 hours

PS2 Disc

Press Conference and interviews 1 hour 27 minutes

Ps2 games 2 hours 10 minutes

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'd pickup the gamespot disc if I were you

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Isn't having the debut of the Reggie-lution on hand for continuous playback worth the price of admission for the Nintendrones?

DCX

DCX
Suikoguy said:
I'd pickup the gamespot disc if I were you
I bought the Gamespot one last year i was debating between this one and Gamespot's. Does the Gamespot one have 5.1?

DCX

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DCX said:
I bought the Gamespot one last year i was debating between this one and Gamespot's. Does the Gamespot one have 5.1?

DCX

Good question
I have no idea :(

But I question how much of the content on the Gamestop DVD is actually 5.1, unless the devs gave them 5.1 footage.

DCX

DCX
I doubt the devs gave them any 5.1 footage, but i'm sure they converted the overall sound on the DVD to output to 5.1, kinda like taking an old movie and transforming it to 5.1 i guess.

DCX

Suikoguy

DCX said:
I doubt the devs gave them any 5.1 footage, but i'm sure they converted the overall sound on the DVD to output to 5.1, kinda like taking an old movie and transforming it to 5.1 i guess.

DCX

You could set your receiver to prologic 2 :D
Upconverting to 5.1 does very little unless you put a lot of time and effort, and i'm almost 100% sure that IGN did not.

DCX

DCX
Suikoguy said:
You could set your receiver to prologic 2 :D
Upconverting to 5.1 does very little unless you put a lot of time and effort, and i'm almost 100% sure that IGN did not.
PL II i do have ;)

DCX

Suikoguy

DCX said:
PL II i do have ;)

DCX

PLII Movie and Music modes create fake 5.1 even on Stereo sources.
I just have more faith in Gamespot then IGN, i've watched a lot of stuff on the site, and they have seriously cleaned up their act in their videos

DCX

DCX
Myabe i'm just blinded by the fact that IGN's DVD has a disc for every system, giving me the impression of alot more content but then again the quality is what i should be intruiged by :p I just wanted to start a little tradition and get an E3 DVD every year, i got last years so i'm just looking for the best vid out this year. Didn't someone on GAF make a n E3 DVD? If so where is he and the DVD :)

DCX

Top Bottom