• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Year of Dreams II: What's left on your list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3 and The Last Guardian from E3 2015 I've had some pretty big hitters ticked off my list of dreams. In addition to that Final Fantasy Verses 13 is coming out as FF15 after 10 years, Kingdom Hearts 3 finally got announced, Duke Nukem Forever at last saw a release (for better or for worse) and outside of E3 we saw the announcement of the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Personally I still want Mega Man Legends 3. We were so close to getting it on the 3DS with a demo planned to release in mere weeks but it was too good to be true. "We wern't excited enough" so therefore the game was cancelled. I still have hope for a revival and would love to see the series continue.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was announced 8 years ago in 2008 and we've only heard little whispers since then. There have been rumors of the game being announced for NX and I would love this to be true. The first game is such a brilliant adventure.

The next isn't a game necessarily stuck in development but I would love to see a new F-Zero developed by the amazingly talented Shin'en. Shin'en did a great job with FAST Racing Neo and with a little collaboration from Nintendo we could see a grand return to this amazing series.

Also Nintendo VS Capcom.

cireza

After the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3 and The Last Guardian from E3 2015
I hate this kind of announcements because we won't be playing those games before 2018 anyway.

Announcements should be for games that are going to be released before next E3.

Danlord

Heavenly Sword 2 (and remaster of the first game), Crash Bandicoot and maybe a new Destruction Derby would contribute to my personal E3 of Dreams.
I know that a Shenmue HD collection would be big, as would Half-Life 3 and I am excited about the former.

Banjo Threeie :(

Though I am happy Rare are putting out the game they want in Sea of Thieves, its one of my most anticipated titles for this year but I really want a new Banjo!

Rymuth

Sony Platforms:

New Wild ARMs
New Shadow Hearts
New Robot Alchemic Drive

Nintendo Platforms:

New WarioWare
New Trauma Center
New The World Ends With You

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Mine is just the next god of war.

When it'll be announced at this E3 it'll really be a surprise for everybody.

It's not like we already got a glimpse of the environments and kratos and basically got the new set pieces around nordic mythology.

But still I can't wait for this game.

RK128

Crash Bandicoot Returns
Mega Man Legends 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Sonic 25th Anniversary Title

The funny part is that at least three of these are going to happen this E3 XD! With Crash & BG&E2 being heavily rumored and SEGA likely teasing the game at E3, will be very content with announcements this year.

I strongly feel that a Legends 3 might happen finally, as between the Legends series being complete on NA PSN and Capcom seeing the success of Kickstarters (Shenmue 3), I would be very shocked if something like Shenmue 3 doesn't happen to Mega Man Legends 3.

The Legend of Dragoon 2 or remake/remaster.

Yep.

I was only excited about last year's lineup from the standpoint of it being a great time for video games. For me personally, I was only interested in FFVII:R, and now that I have an idea of what to expect, significantly less so.

But LoD2 or a remaster/remake of the original (not a goddamned action RPG, please) would be pretty great, as would Dark Cloud 3. Those two announcements would rock my world.

Breath of Fire VI (That mobile trash doesn't count), Dark Cloud 3 and Alundra 3.

None of them will happen, and thus will remain dreams forever.

Caronte

New Rival Schools.
MediEvil 3.

Edit: And something from Atlus on PS4 that's not Persona 5. Or a new Trauma Center for Nintendo platforms.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Not sure if I even want Beyond Good and Evil 2 now.
If it exists it was probably pressed into the Ubisoft game formula already.

Alan Wake 2.

It's probably happening but unless Remedy has two teams I don't see it being announced during the next 12-18 months.

georly

I believe none of the following will be made ever again, so I want them:
  • New, good, Chrono sequel.
  • Zelda II sequel (side-scrolling RPG).
  • New 2D sidescrolling Metroid.
  • Metal Gear Rising 2
  • Ghost Trick Sequel/spiritual successor.

Snake in Smash
Dino Crisis

My list hasn't been touched for awhile now.
If NX smash has snake I will no joke but it day one. It's the only thing that'll make me.

Can't forget snake in smash. Absolutely.

liquidtmd

Banned
P.T :(
Shenmue HD Collection
Virtua Fighter 6
Crazy Taxi 4
Resident Evil 3 Remake to follow RE2
Sonic Generations 2
Metal Gear Revengeance 2
Dead Or Alive 6

Devil May Cry 5
Beyond Good & Evil 2
More Platinum Games
The NX being a cool system with great games that I won't regret buying day one (because I'm totally doing it anyway)

Jawmuncher

Snake in Smash
Dino Crisis

My list hasn't been touched for awhile now.
If NX smash has snake I will no joke but it day one. It's the only thing that'll make me.

captainpat

Dragon's Crown 2 - I know he said he doesn't like doing sequels but with how good that game did it would be silly to sleep on franchise.

A next-gen Platinum game on the ps4

Dead or Alive 6

Jet set radio 3

Basically "Japan Plz"

CHC

- Call of Duty Ghosts 2
- Army of Two sequel
- Haze Remaster
- SimCity Online DLC
- Assassin's Creed Unity 2
- Colonial Marines multiplayer map pack
- New Duke Nuken game
- More Windows 10 Store Exclusives

FluxWaveZ

1.jpg
The World Ends With You 2. Probably not an E3 announcement, though, but it's the only title in the "dream game" vein for me that we haven't heard of since its tease.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Metal Gear Rising II: Revengeancer (Platinum)
Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 (Atlus)
Yoshi's 3D Island (Nintendo EAD)
Transformers: War For Earth (High Moon)
Shenmue HD Collection (A Lawyer Who Has The Balls To Actually Investigate Engine Licenses)

Pitch black

SEGA logo on the giant screen

The shadow of a console not revealing anything

A small trailer with all the Sega's IPs

a man can dream

Starfield

Alan Wake 2
A proper Halo with less 343, developed by 343
Age of Empires 4
Age of Mythology 2
Turok reboot
TES VI annoucement (too early for that)
Read Dead Redemption 2
Battlefield set in ww2/1
Announcement of CoD being discontinued

Ydelnae

The World Ends With You 2
Catherine spiritual sequel
Dragon Quest III 3D Remake

All three of them I would put in the "not happening anytime soon" folder, but I would love them to come true.

Dee Dee

Dai Gyakuten Saiban coming to the west.

Mother 3, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Terranigma and Trauma Team virtual console release in Europe.

Paper Mario U turns out to be more story based than seen so far.

Zelda U this christmas.

Now into utterly insane territory:

Persona 5 for Nintendo NX (does this count as port begging? Sorry if so!!) or alternatively a way to play all the Personas (both the 2's!) on PS4 in Europe.

New Advance Wars

Animal Crossing U

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney 2

Sequel to Xenoblade X

Fire Emblem Musou

Bayonetta 3

At this point, the remaining ones I can think of are getting to the "hilariously unlikely" category.

Half-Life 3
Chrono Break
Monkey Island 3a
BG&E 2

I'd include Alan Wake 2, but that seems pretty much inevitable at this point.

Detective

hmmmm...

Lost Odyssey
PDZ next gen
Kameo 2
Beyond good & Evil
RE2 Remake and 3
Banjo-Kazooie
Alan wake
Crackdown
Ninja gaiden black remake
PGR