• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports WRC - Official Launch Trailer - Out Oct. 31st for XB/PS5/PC for preorders

drotahorror

*Launch*...

5PtWCtJ.jpg

Last edited:

drotahorror

When are reviews? For the nov 3rd release or for tonight's midnight launch?

I already have it preloaded, but curious to see the overall score.

Got it preloaded too, so ready. Bought a whole Fanatec setup recently for this game and can't wait.

Been 4 years since DR2.0, I really hope this turns out well. Of course judging from all the hands on impressions, it's going to be amazing. I just hope the move to UE4 hasn't made the game perform worse.

I got it on Steam, but I'm interested in checking it out on Series S too.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, also have it preloaded. Looking forward to tuning my sliders to make it as arcade-y as possible and taking off.

Killer8

Channeling classic PlayStation racing game vibes in this trailer (although i'm still eternally confused by the "like racing but rally" tagline).

Elysium44

Banned
So do people with EA Play get access to the trial tomorrow? 🤔 (I have that and it expires Friday.)

edit - yes 👌 excellent.

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm happy we are getting a new Rally game and all, i just wish graphics could have been better provided that the physics are good.
I mean Richard Burns Rally came out almost 20 years ago and still looks acceptable today.

M.W.

Excited for the 5 hour trial tonight. Will purchase if it's good, which it sounds like it will be.

Buggy Loop

Preloaded on Steam and rearing to go. DR2.0 is my most played racer of this generation. Currently saving up for a Simagic Alpha DD setup, all sparked by this game.

Yea, I've been eyeing that simagic alpha mini for a while now, friend of mine has it and its amazing. Been remodeling the basement, so it'll definitely have a spot for a rig. In the meantime... xbox controller :messenger_fearful:

Cattlyst

Looks great. Been waiting for this one. Fingers crossed it lives up to the promise. It’ll be nice to try out a career mode that isn’t the same thing rehashed every year like in the previous games from Kylotonn. Not that those games weren’t great but looking forward to a fresh take on the genre.

hollams

Gold Member
Fanatec is introducing their Rally Button Module next week, it's a bit late as I wish it was already out. I did upgrade all my Fanatec wheels to the new QR2 system two weeks ago so I'm ready.

lem0n

Yea, I've been eyeing that simagic alpha mini for a while now, friend of mine has it and its amazing. Been remodeling the basement, so it'll definitely have a spot for a rig. In the meantime... xbox controller :messenger_fearful:
Just something else to look forward to! I play with an Xbox controller myself, it's still so challenging and rewarding. Somehow. Lol

Certinty

I’m so confused.

If you pre-order you get to play it tomorrow but if you don’t you have to wait until Friday?

Never seen something like this before.

Buggy Loop

I’m so confused.

If you pre-order you get to play it tomorrow but if you don’t you have to wait until Friday?

Never seen something like this before.

Yea, typically this was reserved for like a deluxe edition or something. Now its just pre-ordering. 🤷‍♂️

Speaking of direct wheel drives

Unless by time i build a rig the market changes drastically, I'm aiming for this one.

Last edited:

Karppuuna

I just preorder it in Steam and got 5€ discount for owning Dirt Rally 2. Usually you have to pay for early access and now they basically pay me 5€ to buy it early, and also give 3 days early access :messenger_clapping:

Buggy Loop

I've sunk a lot of time in DR2.0 and this looks honestly identical to it at best. I expected more after 4 years...

But vanilla DR2.0 was bare-bone. It was sad. It started to become amazing after the bazillion DLCs.

This at launch has a lot of meat, from my previous preview thread :

17 locations
200 rally stages
80 rally cars
18 car classes, from two wheels beginnings to modern hybrids
Revamp of the handling model, better tarmac (i hope!). Feedback from real rally drivers
High quality recordings of the real cars
Spring / summer / Autumn / winter for all 200 stages
Stage over 30 km with UE engine

If identical by graphics... yea pretty much. But I'm mostly hoping for a way better tarmac handling and it seems they nailed it.

lem0n

I've sunk a lot of time in DR2.0 and this looks honestly identical to it at best. I expected more after 4 years...
It's similar at a glance but it's got a lot more features. It's got a whole career mode with team management features, Rally school, car builder, choice of weather/time of day on each stage, more tracks and more cars. Honestly for something like a rally game this is all you need. Just a good roster of cars and tracks is enough for me as I'm a time trial junkie.

amigastar

Ehhh, both Dirt and Dirt 2 were great on a controller. I don't see the issue.
Sure controller is fine but with a wheel you have another pedigree of enjoyment, especially with a game thats not arcade.
Maybe crime was a bit too hard and judgemental.

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
Sure controller is fine but with a wheel you have another pedigree of enjoyment, especially with a game thats not arcade.
Maybe crime was a bit too hard and judgemental.
A wheel is nice and all, but do you have motion as well??? If not, then it is a crime.....

Kruza

Preordered WRC game for Xbox Series X system and wonder with extreme anxiety how long will this 80 GB game take to install. Can't wait!

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
But vanilla DR2.0 was bare-bone. It was sad. It started to become amazing after the bazillion DLCs.

17 locations
200 rally stages
80 rally cars
Revamp of the handling model, better tarmac (i hope!). Feedback from real rally drivers

If identical by graphics... yea pretty much. But I'm mostly hoping for a way better tarmac handling and it seems they nailed it.
So it's Dirt Rally 2.0 but with a career mode that isn't "race race race race race race"

Interesting. I refunded the past WRC game i bought because I didn't like it, this one is being made by codemasters though, so i'm getting my hopes up

drotahorror

17 locations
200 rally stages
80 rally cars

Cannot fuckin wait, only 3 more hours! I'm starting with a dual sense tonite but breaking out my wheel in the morning. Hopefully there's some dual sense features as I find it neat with racers.

And also Jusant is coming out, which I thought the demo was sick. Been a awesome week so far, and during my favorite time of the year. Crazy the most likely GOAT rally game is coming out on Halloween.

Last edited:

M.W.

Holy shit this controls really well with a controller. Using hood cam and it just feel right.

drotahorror

Stutter city.

Also, using a dual sense on PC. It recognizes the controller as the dual sense but there are zero vibration settings. There is literally not even a single rumble. Graphics are worse than DR2.0, specifically in wet conditions. Stages are more intricate and that's a huge plus as previous DR2.0 stages felt a little lame sometimes. Lots of elevation changes, dangerous cliffsides, etc. Good shit.

Guess I will be going through every track slowly to compile shaders overtime. I would do that anyway, but still, my first runs will be pretty bad.

nikos

Building your own car in career mode is really cool. Game runs well so far. Will give it a proper run in the sim rig tomorrow. I haven't done too much rally sim racing. Really need to pick up a handbrake at some point.

Elysium44

Banned
Unreal engine strikes again then.

the graphics issues I experienced on my fairly powerful PC (RTX 3080 GPU, Ryzen 7 CPU) during the preview still existed in the full release. When stages reached small villages, framerates on my recommended Ultra settings dropped to below 20 frames per second. Sometimes, when going slightly off-track, the game would stutter for a half-second or more. Dropping the quality down to Medium mostly fixed it, but then the game looked awful. High graphics is where I landed, where I still struggled with frame drops but could play the game. The game looks good, but not good enough to warrant such bad performance. Let's hope that Codemasters addresses these shortcomings soon for the PC audience.

Last edited:

Trilobit

I read that the damage system is pretty weak, which is disappointing. I want to see my car be annihilated if I drive it into a tree in full speed.

Top Bottom