• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think about is how awesome it's going to be having these fellas cover E3, after it initially appearing that they weren't going to with GT going under.

Bring the hype Huber!

Mesoian

Ian Hinck’s New Show - YA BURNT'D

This made me laugh and miss Elise at the same time. Was hoping to see her on UUDD, did not. Oh well.

dakun

Pledged 10$. Super hyped.

Awesome that they are already at almost 19k.

Only person that I'll definitely still miss is Elyse. She was an awesome fit to the group.

wiibomb

this is getting 20k before the stream, isn't it...

I just really want them to get that money..

no shady backdoor deals patrons!

sora87

I'm in for anything not featuring Michael Huber.

Edit: OMG RETROSPECTIVES? GIMME.

Lol you remind me of the guy on youtube "Huber's here? Automatic dislike"

I wonder how new retro's would look like now they don't have resources and equipment offered by big media makers. I'd love if they could get the graphics guys who used to be at GT and started their own thing.

Any word about them planning to archive all their streams to YT? UK night-shifter here, so twitch has never been much if an option here and I've always consumed their content after. I hope all streams will be available on YT unlike the GT days.

Rosur

Just pledged my $10 a month look forward to their GT time Replacement. Also glad they got to the review level already.

Also first Patreon

Between Patreon and Twitch subscriptions they should have a decent income to get going. Wonder if they are planning on getting traditional sponsors too. I wouldnt mind that even though I am paying a monthly subscription fee.

Tankard

19k.

Reaching Damiani's new show even before they hit the live stream.

Told you mofos the fans would be staying with them, and we are not few.

Any word about them planning to archive all their streams to YT? UK night-shifter here, so twitch has never been much if an option here and I've always consumed their content after. I hope all streams will be available on YT unlike the GT days.

They themselves may not be allowed to do to legal reasons (not sure about it), but someone in the old GT OT had a YT account that archived as much of the stuff as he could. There was also a bunch of large-scale archives that fans downloaded. Unfortunately I haven't been involved in either so I don't know where to point you, but they are out there. Someone in the thread will know.

Hasney

Christ. As they get close to 20k, I was just thinking that this has been a perfect storm out of a shitty situation. Outside of the obvious (likeable, fun personalities and the old content being ace), you've got:

• 13 years of the GT name. Even people who weren't engaged at the end will have at least seen the news and maybe seen what they were missing
  • A very motivated fanbase
  • Just enough time passing between shutdown and the fundraiser, making people who just grabbed the podcast or whatever once a week realise how much they missed them
  • Being shutdown rather than the Kinda Funny situation where they made the choice to leave helping people think they're part of something special by pitching in here
  • The slight "fuck the system" factor

I'm so happy at how well they're doing.

Anyway, home, comfy pants on, food cooking.... Ready for what maybe an even hyper stream than E3.

This gif should've made it to the OP. just so awesome!

gfZBn2q.gif

Thanks to ElTorro for making such an awesome gif! #HYPE !

Ha, I was writing the op this morning while we decided what to do in the old GT thread. Hooray for the edit button!

They themselves may not be allowed to do to legal reasons (not sure about it), but someone in the old GT OT had a YT account that archived as much of the stuff as he could. There was also a bunch of large-scale archives that fans downloaded. Unfortunately I haven't been involved in either so I don't know where to point you, but they are out there. Someone in the thread will know.

I meant their EZA streams, I don't see how that would be a legal problem. It's their own company.
I know SomeGameNews has been uploading their streams (GT, Huber & Brad) since Xmas and I'm eternally grateful, but going forward they should be on the EZA channel.

On a side note, It's great that so many fans archived GT stuff but I've noticed lately videos disappearing with a note saying Viacom claimed infringement. Hope those guys don't have all that good work shut down.

Hasney

I meant their EZA streams, I don't see how that would be a legal problem. It's their own company.
I know SomeGameNews has been uploading their streams (GT, Huber & Brad) since Xmas and I'm eternally grateful, but going forward they should be on the EZA channel.

On a side note, It's great that so many fans archived GT stuff but I've noticed lately videos disappearing with a note saying Viacom claimed infringement. Hope those guys don't have all that good work shut down.

Ugh, Viacom don't even own anything anymore. I doubt Defy didn't get rights to the back catalogue since some old stuff was still up on the GT site. Probably some old checking mechanism they never bothered to turn off.

DKHF

If it comes out later in the week I hope this week's podcast is dedicated to all of last week's major news (PS4.5, PSVR, NX supposed leaked controller, Rime) and not this week's news which I doubt will be anywhere near as eventful lol.

TalonJH

The first couple of minutes of the assemble video with Brandon Jones are straight gold.

Welcome back guys, where's my wallet?

Christ. As they get close to 20k, I was just thinking that this has been a perfect storm out of a shitty situation. Outside of the obvious (likeable, fun personalities and the old content being ace), you've got:

• 13 years of the GT name. Even people who weren't engaged at the end will have at least seen the news and maybe seen what they were missing
  • A very motivated fanbase
  • Just enough time passing between shutdown and the fundraiser, making people who just grabbed the podcast or whatever once a week realise how much they missed them
  • Being shutdown rather than the Kinda Funny situation where they made the choice to leave helping people think they're part of something special by pitching in here
  • The slight "fuck the system" factor

I'm so happy at how well they're doing.

Anyway, home, comfy pants on, food cooking.... Ready for what maybe an even hyper stream than E3.

Ha, I was writing the op this morning while we decided what to do in the old GT thread. Hooray for the edit button!
That's a good point, it pretty much ticks off all the boxes on Bosman's "How to make a successful Kickstarter" video. They have the Screw You factor!

Hasney

That's a good point, it pretty much ticks off all the boxes on Bosman's "How to make a successful Kickstarter" video. They have the Screw You factor!

Oh shit, I forgot about that list. You're right, the system works!

I hope it gets to 20k before the stream starts

I'm torn. As ace as it would be, it would be cool for them to be live as it passes it. Oh well, will have to settle for 30,000 celebrations ;)

styl3s

I hope that now some of these goals were met we will get a timeline on the stream when stuff like D&D will start.

I wish i could find a full playlist somewhere of all the D&D episodes from GT.

Hasney

I hope that now some of these goals were met we will get a timeline on the stream when stuff like D&D will start.

I wish i could find a full playlist somewhere of all the D&D episodes from GT.

Honestly, give them a week for all the goal stuff we just hit for them to figure it out. They may give some sort of idea, but I doubt they expected to hit all this day 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom