• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Magazine review scores: Zelda TOTK, Jedi Survivor, Horizon Burning Shores, Redfall

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Humanity is day one PS+ too.
Humanity on PS+.
Planet of Lana on Gamepass.

I think imma eat.......EVERYTHING!!!!!
anime-girl-eating-cake.gif

scydrex

Nope. Scores suck, I’ve been saying that forever.

I’m laughing at how upset people get, because Horizon got the same score as Redfall.
It doesn't have the same score. Horizon FW which is the base game has a higher score. If you are going to troll do it right.
X3xye1Q.jpg

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

Why didn't they do it for Days Gone? So according to them then Redfall is a better game than Days Gone and also runs better or is better in the technical side? LOL.

Redfall meta 56 and user score 3.4.
Redfall pc is 54 and user 2.1.
Days Gone meta 71 and user 8.4
Bunch of clowns.

You guys don't get it, it's actually in line with the Metacritic average.

Last edited:

mykedo0909

6 ain't that bad. A 6 out of 10 game will be the only reason I'll pick up a ps5. Earth defense force, the best worst game of all time!

SaintALia

Edge reviews on the whole tend to be shit. They have an enormous circle-jerk with established franchises and usually won't stray far from there. Give credit to IGN and Gamespot, they have a much larger scope, especially when it comes to indie and unknown stuff. The only thing Edge are good for are the graphic design of their magazines.
That's funny, I thought this was the exact opposite. Edge seems to fawn more over innovative/high concept indie games with tight gameplay than other reviewers. IGN and Gamespot usually go with the Indie darling of the day I found. Like, if there's a GOTY round-up, I expect some indie/gameplay focused games to be in EDGE's round-up, while IGN/Gamespot I expect AAA games and well known indie darling types.

Anyway, that Humanity game looks trippy. Like a Lemmings meet Lode Runner meets IQube, meets...Pikmin?

Mozzarella

LMAO, do Edgelords at Edge Magazine realize that the 10 scoring scale consist of number from 1-10??
All these scores are 5-10. This is a freaking joke, what is this casual nonsense, use the whole scale or move to 5 point scale!!
Also some turds are getting above average score, these people need to reflect on their critical process.

EDGE:

Tears of the Kingdom - 10
Breath of the Wild - 10
Skyward Sword - 10
Twilight Princess- 9
Wind Waker - 9
Phantom Hourglass - 9
Four Swords Adventures- 9
Spirit Tracks - 8
Link Between Worlds - 8
Minish Cap - 8

Talk about a quality series.
Eeeeehh as a very big Zelda fan I hugely disagree with most of those scores.

I’m now firmly in the camp of ramping up the production values of Zelda games now as well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its amazing to me that people think Edge is any different (or more significant) from other publication.

near

Gold Member
If you nerds have any humanity left in you, you'll know which game on that list of reviews really needs your money!

Don’t agree with everything they say, horizon a mediocre game, that I can agree with, can’t believe they had two tries and still can’t figure out how to make a great game,

Last edited:
EDGE:

Tears of the Kingdom - 10
Breath of the Wild - 10
Skyward Sword - 10
Twilight Princess- 9
Wind Waker - 9
Phantom Hourglass - 9
Four Swords Adventures- 9
Spirit Tracks - 8
Link Between Worlds - 8
Minish Cap - 8

Talk about a quality series.

Skyward Sword as a 10 completely erodes any validity their scores have. That game is perhaps the most craptacular Zelda game this side of a Phillips CD-i machine. Maybe a 7 at best.

Kilau

Must've forgot to this month. These are uncharacteristically high scores across the board from them.

Oh, and still no Hogwarts review,
Michael Jordan Lol GIF
Wait, have they made a statement on that or just ignoring it? Maybe they'll review the Switch version. Their scores good or bad mean nothing since they clearly have a bias.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wait, have they made a statement on that or just ignoring it? Maybe they'll review the Switch version. Their scores good or bad mean nothing since they clearly have a bias.
No idea if they made a statement. I would thin someone on Gaf would have posted it.

I think they straight up ignored it completely. One of the largest game launches this year, and arguably all time.

Gamerguy84

Edge is one of those sites I never gave time too. I didn't know they were literally Stevivor though. Never knew about the Days Gone review and giving redfall a pass.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
With how harsh Edge is overall I really did think a game like RedFall would be a 2 for their barometer.

I guess whoever played it out of their team didn’t full on hate it.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
With how harsh Edge is overall I really did think a game like RedFall would be a 2 for their barometer.

Never played Redfall but it looks kind of fun at leasts

Redfall graphics are ways below TOTK to me's and the artsyle made me puke but funfactor is the mostest importance
oh-yeah-mrw.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They had the only bug free, non jank, competent AI and game design copy.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
They had the only bug free, non jank, competent AI and game design copy.
I played a fair amount of RedFall . Think I had 3 missions left before I dropped it ?

The AI is unredeemable like death loop. I ran into only 2 bugs.

The main issues with the game really are at a fundamental design level. So even if the game they got ran smooth and the AI posed some challenge, the rest is just very poor. The basis for the game should’ve been vampire hideouts because of the cool level design and challenge they provided. If that was the core and then the game was made around that to expand upon it, they could’ve had a great game.

A free to play or $20 vampire extraction shooter with co op, seasonal story, raids ? That could’ve been a beat game.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Do you have a source for this?

I thought this was pretty well known? Its a Future Media mag, and they all work the same way using the same pool of mostly UK-based freelancers.

I mean, haven't you ever wondered why they never name reviewers, only columnists? Or how noone ever moves on from Edge to write for themselves or somebody else and trades on the "prestige" of having written for such an illustrious publication?

Its like how under Tony Mott's editorial reign they desperately tried to establish bullshit terminology like "codeshop" that literally noone in the industry uses... Its just a gimmick used to create an impression of them being more inside/important than what they are.

Last edited:
I thought this was pretty well known? Its a Future Media mag, and they all work the same way using the same pool of mostly UK-based freelancers.

I mean, haven't you ever wondered why they never name reviewers, only columnists? Or how noone ever moves on from Edge to write for themselves or somebody else and trades on the "prestige" of having written for such an illustrious publication?

Its like how under Tony Mott's editorial reign they desperately tried to establish bullshit terminology like "codeshop" that literally noone in the industry uses... Its just a gimmick used to create an impression of them being more inside/important than what they are.
Oh so you don't have any proof of this.

ToadMan

Humanity is getting good scores I see.

I think it’s a freebie on PS+ too. 🤔

Well, I’ll try to find time between TOTK, SF6 and FF16 for it! - so many great games coming out.

RAIDEN1

I personally think MGS-4 was fully deserving of an 8/10 ....it was the game that got me into the world of Playstation and I don't regret playing it and completing it, Metal Gear 5 on the other hand for me was not the standout of the series as some have portrayed it to be.....and outside of Peacewalker, MGS4 is the last good Metal Gear game..

Last edited:
Top Bottom