• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron Confirms Switch Port

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a YouTube video hosted by the game's Director, Sawaki Takeyasu revealed that the Switch version of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron is currently in development. Although an exact release date hasn't been announced yet, Sawaki stated that more details will follow on April 28, a few weeks from now. Incidentally, April 28, 2022, is also the game's 11th anniversary since original release of El Shaddai.

Prior to the Switch port, El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron got a PC release last year via Steam. At the time, this included a Deluxe pack for $78.97 that shipped with a 90-page PDF artbook and the game's soundtrack, which itself includes 61 tracks from El Shaddai. So far, the developer hasn't shared if the Switch version will receive any similar exclusive offering.

I played through it in 2011 and thought it was alright. Are there avid fans of this game I never knew existed? I keep seeing it ported around so I guess it’s doing well, just never saw much affection for it.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I liked this game a lot. Wearing Edwin jeans even today.

Hoping for a sequel.

Topfuel

I liked this game a lot. Wearing Edwin jeans even today.

Hoping for a sequel.

Did you buy the Edwin X EL SHADDAI jeans model?

I even see they had a jacket when I search:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Did you buy the Edwin X EL SHADDAI jeans model?

I even see they had a jacket when I search:

No :(

Just regular jeans and some chinos.

Mr Hyde

Fuck yes! One of the most underrated games of the PS360 era. Fucking love this game.

god is real GIF

Bridges

Amazing game, don't sleep on this. Very bummed this never made its way to the Xbox back compat list before that finished.

Really hoping we get a XSX/PS5 port, or better yet, a sequel

bender

What time is it?
I thought it was more style than substance, unfortunately. That style is really, really nice though.

Kadve

I thought it was more style than substance, unfortunately. That style is really, really nice though.
And an incomprehensible plot that makes no sense if you aren't familiar with the Book of Enoch.

It also has the most disappointing final boss ever....

Top Bottom