• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree likely to solve DLC overleveling problem

Bartski

Gold Member
Its clear speculation, like you said. I speculate that they instead gonna use a level cap system.
And as far I remember, the game has level scaling. Its just that scales almost nothing at the start and harder at later levels, the inverse of Bloodborne.
nope, it's an actual mechanic, the vido covers Miyazaki speaking about it on 2 different occasions.

Saber

Gold Member
nope, it's an actual mechanic, the vido covers Miyazaki speaking about it on 2 different occasions.

Miyazaki explicit says that you can both go back training if the boss still difficult or accept the challenge even at lower level. As far I can remember you can't do this on Sekiro, you can only get actually stronger by defeating a boss.

Bartski

Gold Member
Miyazaki explicit says that you can both go back training if the boss still difficult or accept the challenge even at lower level. As far I can remember you can't do this on Sekiro, you can only get actually stronger by defeating a boss.
you'll have a new mechanic to level up that will be important for your ability to "challenge threats" specific to the DLC. So the core loop - challenge too hard I'll go explore elsewhere to get stronger - is maintained, regardless of how OP you are in the main game. This could be a new defense mechanic for enemies you need to break through by collecting xyz, killing mini-bosses etc, I think attack power in Sekiro is just an analogy so it won't be a straight-up damage boost but something else entirely.

Saber

Gold Member
you'll have a new mechanic to level up that will be important for your ability to "challenge threats" specific to the DLC. So the core loop - challenge too hard I'll go explore elsewhere to get stronger - is maintained, regardless of how OP you are in the main game. This could be a new defense mechanic for enemies you need to break through by collecting xyz, killing mini-bosses etc, I think attack power in Sekiro is just an analogy so it won't be a straight-up damage boost but something else entirely.

Or this could be a simply mechanic like level scaling or level cap. This is all speculation.

Hudo

I don't understand why this is a problem? Just let people play how they want for fuck's sake... If players want to be overleveled then let them.

What level should I do FireGiant?
If you pump 30 points into health(so you can survive a hit), medallions and clothing should make the rapidfire crossbow usable with most starting classes and you can status proc while on a horse after farming materials and crafting status-inflicting bolts. It can also be done with only Burred Bolts (Mohgwyn Dynasty cave merchant), but it takes a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom