• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elvish language for Gollum is paid DLC

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Like most Daedalic games, I expect this will be $2 or less for the complete edition inside a year. It'll get included in one of those $1 bundles shortly after.

MOTM

Banned
What I want to know is how this game ever got green lit.

Like a bunch of people saw the concept/prototype and decided to throw money at it?

Everything about this game looks absolutely dreadful and that starts from the protagonist itself. Who would I want to play as that terrible looking character that’s crawling around all over the place ..?

DragonNCM

gandalf-old-man.gif

1920px-Daedalic_Entertainment_eng.svg.png

Daedalic Entertainment have made some good point and click adventure games and I've particuarlly enjoyed The Dark Eye series from them. Chains Of Satinav and Memoria were excellent on the whole, though some puzzles were absolutely obtuse and such a pain in the backside that I resorted to a walkthrough. But I think they're biting off way much than they can chew, they haven't had experience within this particular genre, especially with a beloved IP like Lord Of The Rings.
The_Dark_Eye_Chains_of_Satinav_cover.jpg
The_Dark_Eye_Memoria_cover.jpg

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Neogaf friends... I will sacrifice myself for you.

I'll take the challenge of playing this ''video game'' on the first day to see how bad it is.

💪😑

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I like weird shit and low budget games, but that picture is killing me lol.

I hope the game freezes you out from the controls and makes you forced slow-walk when the ring's influence gets too strong, with Sauron whispering DLC sales pitches to you in game. "Onlyyyyyy $9.99. We already have your credit card info .... just hit confirmmmmm. You know you want it. You know you neeeeeed it." Would really simulate the mental battle Smeagol is going through for the player.
uKuBunO.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I agree that this is dumb but who has commented that was interested in this anyway? I haven't even made my mind up and this has no impact on me.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I miss the good old times when you would just pop the game in and it would all be there on the motherfucking disc or whatever.

What I want to know is how this game ever got green lit.

Like a bunch of people saw the concept/prototype and decided to throw money at it?

Everything about this game looks absolutely dreadful and that starts from the protagonist itself. Who would I want to play as that terrible looking character that’s crawling around all over the place ..?

It's the epitomy of trying to be too clever and 'outside of the box' in coming up with a concept. How it made it through any management though will remain a mystery ... unless it's this kind of situation

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They should have gone with more cell shaded and stylize visuals over this.
Like Zelda on GameCube? I read where people called it “Celda” back in the day. I bought it without thinking, but this is a universe and a half away from being close to a Zelda game.

Dazraell

I will wait for a complete edition. My interest in this game was already low, but I do find the idea for Sindarin VO as really interesting. Not enough to purchase it as a dlc on top of the game though

xrnzaaas

They've probably seen how companies like Capcom are locking old music & costumes behind paywalls and DLC's and wanted to do something similar to prey on the LotR fans. Problem is this game needs all the positive publicity it can get and moves like this won't help them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom