• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic and Microsoft donating all Fortnite proceeds for two weeks to Ukraine

sn0man

Epic -> Sony -> Japan -> Kishida

Impressive too?
No? I don’t think so. My assumption is that Japan isn’t supportive of Russia currently.

I also haven’t heard of widespread control or influence on speech and support from the Japanese government (unlike China).

zaanan

Banned
You still haven't even outlined what your point is.
Again, I would think that linking articles that run counter to the emotional narrative being presented speaks for itself to a thinking person, but in your case I’ll make an exception.
Since you lack (or pretend to lack) reading comprehension skills or common sense, I will spell it out for you: there is much more to this story. The government, media, and big business cheerleaders are omitting facts to create their emotional narrative. A fool opens his mouth before he hears the whole matter.
Is it that you think the UN World Food Program would sexually abuse Ukrainians? If so, what evidence?
The first article provided the evidence; hence either you did not read it, or you are being disingenuous. Either of which is intellectually dishonest.
The fact that you seem to be downplaying the many and well-documented issues with UN corruption speaks to some sort of vested interest.
Do you think Zelenskyy is trying to take absolute power? If so, what evidence? Do you think a temporary ban on pro-Russian parties during an invasion by Russia is unjust?
Again, either read (or stop pretending to not have read) the article. It clearly states that the Zelensky administration is the only source for this claim that they are pro Russian, and they have provided zero evidence to support this claim - something that should be unacceptable, even in a time of war. In fact, a little digging would show actions from some of these groups that are decidedly pro-Ukraine and anti-Russian.
But no, you just post two articles (one requiring signing up to read and a dubious source at that*).
*"The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement."
Attacking the source, as though that negates the fact that it is based on and sources publicly available facts and data. More logical fallacies and disingenuousness from you.
And you haven't provided a clear position or argument to even debate. Just 'read the articles'. I'll admit that it was an ad-hominem attack on your motivations. Something I think is deserved if you don't even post your argument. If you are posting in bad faith, I think that needs to debated too. And I think you're trying to inflate it as an attack on character, which it is not. For now.
Again. If you are incapable of understanding a clear warning to withhold judgement until all the facts are known, that is your problem, not mine.
And your admitting to ad hominem, then defending it in the next breath betrays a complete lack of character.
If you are posting in bad faith
irony GIF

You are the only one posting in bad faith here. This statement shows either an astonishing lack of self-awareness, or a complete commitment to ignore new information. Either of which disqualify you from your self-appointed role as gatekeeper of the topic. You are simply not worth the time. Good day to you sir.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So China (tencent) is supporting Ukraine and not Russia?

Papa Putin gonna be mad at Chinese pooh.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

FritzJ92

It’s hard for me to feel super sympathetic to the Ukrainians when they treat people who look like me like shit. But I’m all for helping people.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It’s hard for me to feel super sympathetic to the Ukrainians when they treat people who look like me like shit. But I’m all for helping people.

Don't assign negative characteristics to groups of people. Most Ukranians are decent human beings.

Anyway, they reached 50 million...

tmarmar

Everything that means distributing wealth in the world is very good.

Too bad it's only done at times of media relevance. Billions of people have been suffering from poverty and calamity since the day they were born.

Tams

Isn’t that literally what’s being done to them from Ukrainians?
Most Africans and Indians are decent human beings.
Change usually takes time. Yet you don't seem willing to allow for that.

And discrimination is in no way comparable to having your home destroyed, being injured, or even killed. Sorry.

FritzJ92

Change usually takes time. Yet you don't seem willing to allow for that.

And discrimination is in no way comparable to having your home destroyed, being injured, or even killed. Sorry.
What time 1 year, hundreds of years? Many lifetimes? Or just keep saying wait for change to deflect what’s presently taking place?

I’m sorry but I’m not valuing one as worse or better than the other. You are.
Discrimination has lead to people having their homes destroyed, being injured or even killed. Evil is evil there is no scale in my eyes.

sol_bad

These sorts of announcements always annoy me personally. They are multi billion dollar companies. They don't need to rely on their customers to help Ukraine.

kingfey

Banned
These sorts of announcements always annoy me personally. They are multi billion dollar companies. They don't need to rely on their customers to help Ukraine.
It builds BR image. Still a goodwill is a goodwill. They arent obligated to give up their sales money, but they do it for a good cause.

Top Bottom