• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Its PC mate, nothing can ever be taken away from it. This aint consoles. U released your game on PC it stays there forever. And if you don't release it, it will be emulatable later on.

GOG isn't preserving anything, it's just another sell shop and that's it and a pretty shitty one at it.

Look i don't say epic client is the best client ever. it's pretty shit actually, but the free games are frankly so much more any other client gives that they should and will get kudo's because of it.

People shitting on EPIC because china, yet 90% of what they own in real life directly or indirectly comes from china its just laughable at best.

65 free games in a year aint bad in my book and there are lots of fun little games and full fletched games in there. That i will play at some point. And if epic client crashes and burns down after 5 or 10 years? nothing prevents me to play those games i can rebuy them for a buck back on key sites on another client or simple just pirate them as some games are simple not playable anymore without that solution such as age of empire online.

I have yet to see a guy that bought a game on gog store and stored that game on his harddrive for 12 years on end because maybe at some point another 12 years later the game could not be available anymore. That concept was fine when digital platforms where just starting and valve went completely anti consumer. Sadly at this day in age it's honestly nothing i could care about.

I'm curious, what did GOG do to you to arouse such strong feelings? I've never had anything but good service from them and they're by far the most pro-consumer company out there, offering a fair deal at a fair price. Honestly though it seems to me you have some odd ideas and clearly we're just talking past each other here with zero chance of actual meaningful progress so I'll just leave you to it.

GHG

I will never understand people who strongly support the likes of Epic and Microsoft on the PC but will then be opposed to the likes of Steam and GOG.

We are all allowed to have our opinions but this shit is baffling. They give me free shit is not a good reason to support them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
US0tZOU.png

MMaRsu

Banned
I will never understand people who strongly support the likes of Epic and Microsoft on the PC but will then be opposed to the likes of Steam and GOG.

We are all allowed to have our opinions but this shit is baffling. They give me free shit is not a good reason to support them.

For those with less braincells it is

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Helios

Also a free bundle for Paladins

Bundle includes:
  • Androxus and the Huntsman Androxus Skin
  • Strix and the Phoenix Strix Skin
  • Khan and the Royal Guard Khan Skin
  • Furia and the Aurora Furia Skin
  • One Diamond Chest roll

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
My epic library is already at 108 titles (3 bought, rest gifts by Epic). After barely more than a year. My Steam library sits at 600 games after ten years and I have bought most of it. Lately I uninstalled Steam. I have always hated their client, it's bloated and slow and outdated. I love how the Epic launcher just gives me my library and that's it.

My epic library is already at 108 titles (3 bought, rest gifts by Epic). After barely more than a year. My Steam library sits at 600 games after ten years and I have bought most of it. Lately I uninstalled Steam. I have always hated their client, it's bloated and slow and outdated. I love how the Epic launcher just gives me my library and that's it.
That's very true. Less is indeed sometimes more. I will never understand all the hate that Epic is getting.

Fuz

Banned

EctoPrime

The upcoming game could be anything but for Epic to introduce 2FA for just a month apparently it would be logical that atleast one company providing a game is paranoid about bots. I'm going with Samurai Shodown as potentially one of the free games this month. Maybe not this week but at some point in May it might appear.

My reasoning is that SNK refused to provide more keys to the Fanatical bundle restock that featured King of Fighters 14 and a SNK retro arcade collection. The bundle sold out incredibly fast and a lot of keys for those bundle games showed up for sale in other places.

Fuz

Banned
Произошла непредвиденная ошибка.

An unexpected error has occurred.

出现意外错误。

حدث خطأ غير متوقع.

Beklenmedik bir hata oluştu.

Une erreur inattendue s'est produite.

เกิดข้อผิดพลาดที่ไม่คาดคิดขึ้น

예상치 못한 오류가 발생했습니다.

Ha habido un error inesperado.

Wystąpił nieoczekiwany błąd.

I have no frigging idea why, but it's changing language at every refresh.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Произошла непредвиденная ошибка.

An unexpected error has occurred.

出现意外错误。

حدث خطأ غير متوقع.

Beklenmedik bir hata oluştu.

Une erreur inattendue s'est produite.

เกิดข้อผิดพลาดที่ไม่คาดคิดขึ้น

예상치 못한 오류가 발생했습니다.

Ha habido un error inesperado.

Wystąpił nieoczekiwany błąd.

I have no frigging idea why, but it's changing language at every refresh.

The redirects here are crazy. Feels like some sorta setup for some ToS ban. :messenger_tears_of_joy:It’s probably failing for people around the world too.

Fuz

Banned
I have a question.

I don't have the launcher (or any game, ofc) installed, so I can't check myself. The store has been down for quite a while now... can you launch games right now?

GHG

Getting 403 forbidden errors.

This epic games store thing is good isn't it. Steam will fall in front of its might, any day now.

Top Bottom