• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - Valkyria Chronicles, dark Souls 2, mgs5, R&C and much more

How bad is Psychonauts as an EU PS4 Classic?
I enjoyed the original PS2 PAL release, and wouldn't mind replaying it. As long as it's not noticeably worse I might get it.

I'd get Sleeping Dogs but I'm sure if I did then it goes PS+/GWXBL next month...

So maybe I should do it for you guys.

£6.49 (or your local equivalent) is a stupidly good price for one of the most enjoyable open-world action games of the last few years. Loads of content for that price too - the main story would probably last something like 12-15 hours, but you can definitely double it if you care about side-quests and suchlike (and there is a lot of fun stuff to do in this game). It also has a really great protagonist and a seriously awesome fighting engine - think the Batman Arkham games, but a cross between kung fu and MMA, and you have more control over what moves to do. It's such a damn good game. Pretty easy Platinum too, if you care about such things.

Don't buy it. I am a huge gothic 2 fan, didn't like risen 3 at all. Story is really bad and there is no real sense of an open world because the game is separated into rather small "islands". Cannot recommend.

Yeah, I think I'll pass. Got too little time for games at the moment anyway so I better stick to the few really good ones.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know whether I should pick up godzilla or not.

Any impressions?

What kind of game is it?

QVcTh3w.png

I played it at an event once and thought it was just terrible. It's an arena fighting game thing, only with awful controls.

brawly

£6.49 (or your local equivalent) is a stupidly good price for one of the most enjoyable open-world action games of the last few years. Loads of content for that price too - the main story would probably last something like 12-15 hours, but you can definitely double it if you care about side-quests and suchlike (and there is a lot of fun stuff to do in this game). It also has a really great protagonist and a seriously awesome fighting engine - think the Batman Arkham games, but a cross between kung fu and MMA, and you have more control over what moves to do. It's such a damn good game. Pretty easy Platinum too, if you care about such things.

Good write up, but you don't need to sell me. Already played through twice on PC back in the day. It's awesome.

NuKERxyz

Does Diablo 3 have match making for all activities? I played a bit on xbox one with a friend but didn't even try anything else. Also what should I expect from the end game?

The main criticism aimed at the PS4 version were that it was a lazy port with nothing really added etc, but that doesn't stop it being a good game.

R&C not showing for me : |

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/ratchet-clank/cid=EP9000-CUSA01928_00-RCPS400000000000

Donos

Having been a vote to play game and demonstrated its extremely niche appeal by coming last despite high quality, I think it's the lowest ps+ risk you can get :p

I voted for it too. I didn't even download Broforce that month...

Still no Yakuza 5 discount, I feel like I'll be old and grey before that gets another price drop (somehow I missed the one back in March).

E-phonk

Banned
good sale, it's been a while imo

Got myself diablo 3 for €20 for some couch co-op and Wolfenstein: Old Blood for €6, never played any of the newer wolfenstein games so curious how it'll play.

VLiberty

15€ for both Wolfenstein games...man, if only I hadn't 15-20 fps to play already between PS3 and PS4

Tearaway at 7€ is tempting but Sony is going all in with first party Vita games on PS+. Would likely be 7€ wasted as I won't play it right now.

How bad is Psychonauts as an EU PS4 Classic?
I enjoyed the original PS2 PAL release, and wouldn't mind replaying it. As long as it's not noticeably worse I might get it.

Wait, worse?

Why does Evolve still exist and now even discounted? If Sony allowed Early Acces program on PS4, we shoudl have had the F2P version a long time ago.

Yoshi88

I personally love it.

Imo it was misunderstood as brawler/ fighter (think DOMM, Unleashed etc.), when it's more of a classic rampage/ destruction game with various playable monsters. It's a bit grindy, but the different routes you can take when rampaging through Japan along with varying degrees of oppositon while chasing that 100m growth spurt can be quite fun.

Visually the PS4 looks very nice (for a Godzilla game that is) and the roster, sound effects and effects are fan service pure. If you're remotely interested in Godzilla films, you can't go wrong for that price.

Lime

Everyone should buy Akiba's Trip for that price.

*looks up game*

Description:

Fight alongside your 'otaku' (obsessive nerd) friends, wielding everything from rolled-up posters to replica laserswords in a battle for dorky dominance. Four potential love interests await you, each with her own endgame. Experience a geek-savvy, playfully sexy adventure in AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed.

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT10_444658.jpg

no thanks

wbEMX

Saw a "Only on PlayStation" page in the Sale tab on the store website, saw Yakuza 4, no sale price. Now I'm really disappointed.

Probably will bite for Valkyria Chronicles, though.

Never heard of Assault Android Cactus before. Looks fun to play in Co Op

Judging from some videos the stages seems to become a bit stale/boring visual-wise. Do they attempt to shake that up every now and then or does the game mostly take place in grey industrial arenas?

danowat

Banned
Man, I said I wouldn't, but sheesh....

Steamworld Heist and the outsider DLC
Valkyria Chronicles
Ratchet and Clank
Song of the deep
Chronicles of teddy

Wait, worse?

I'm sure it won't be worse. I'm just being negative.
The two Classics I've tried, which are Ape Escape 2 and War of the Monsters, have been great, but then I've heard others have either been mediocre, or in the case is stuff like San Andreas, worse due to frame pacing and other things.

How's SAO: Hollow Franchise? And should I get the PS4 re-release or the botched translation Vita version for the novelty of penetrations?

Also considering and would like opinions on Legend of Kay, Onechanbara Z2.

xrnzaaas

Evolve is in the sale? Who's going to buy that now?

I'll restrain myself from buying a few other games from this sale, because I really need to start working on my backlog. :)

elder scrolls online having a sale, wanna bite but the gold edition is coming out in a couple of days. I guess i'll wait for a price on that? Dunno, any advice?

delSai

I've got Ratchet & Clank and Steamworld Heist in my basket, but I'm trying really hard not to click on 'buy'.

Cant say anything about Heist, but Ratchet and Clank is really good. Was my first Ratchet game and i enjoyed it a lot and even got the Plat Trophy. One of my favorite games this year so far.

Alien Isolation Complete looks like a great deal.

Does look/run better on the PS4 over the PS3? I've already got the base game for the PS3 but only got about half way and stopped.

elder scrolls online having a sale, wanna bite but the gold edition is coming out in a couple of days. I guess i'll wait for a price on that? Dunno, any advice?

I'd certainly hold off tbh, I've moved away from ESO and playing Neverwinter a lot more instead which is F2P and not a complete rip that you need to pay anything to get end game.

Top Bottom