• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - Valkyria Chronicles, dark Souls 2, mgs5, R&C and much more

GeeTeeCee

I think I might finally pick up Infamous: Festival of Blood. Might be a bit weird going back to the PS3 games after Second Son/First Light though.

Anyone have any opinions on Blood Bowl 2? The concept sounds intriguing.

I'd certainly hold off tbh, I've moved away from ESO and playing Neverwinter a lot more instead which is F2P and not a complete rip that you need to pay anything to get end game.

played neverwinter but endgame is lacking to say the least, eso is that bad huh? can you elaborate a bit? still on the fence

Do it man ;)

Hey - I thought you were on my side?!

Possibly Steamworld Heist for me, but honestly I need to reign it back in for a while as I've got loads to play already and a third baby on the way in a matter of weeks.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same, there is a ton I'd add to my cart, but in reality I just haven't got time to play them all.

On the subject of Steamworld Heist, I am assuming "the outsider" is DLC for it?.

played neverwinter but endgame is lacking to say the least, eso is that bad huh? can you elaborate a bit? still on the fence

Well one main complaint if you don't like Neverwinters end game is that the queue system on ESO is ten times worse, I've been in a queue for an entire play session and still never run a dungeon.

Regarding holding off that was aimed towards the Gold edition with all the DLC, I'd certainly look to go that route if you wanted to get in to the game, I did ESO Plus for a couple months but really there was just something not there for me, but then I've never played Oblivion/Skyrim but played the heck out of WoW, I guess that's where my preference lays regarding the two takes on the MMO world.

Alien Isolation at £7 is kinda turning my eye, but then I realise how fed up I am with the influx of first-person survival horror right and have to give it a pass in response.

Buy Gravity Rush Remastered!

Well one main complaint if you don't like Neverwinters end game is that the queue system on ESO is ten times worse, I've been in a queue for an entire play session and still never run a dungeon.

Regarding holding off that was aimed towards the Gold edition with all the DLC, I'd certainly look to go that route if you wanted to get in to the game, I did ESO Plus for a couple months but really there was just something not there for me, but then I've never played Oblivion/Skyrim but played the heck out of WoW, I guess that's where my preference lays regarding the two takes on the MMO world.

alright thanks man!

Lime

Alien Isolation at £7 is kinda turning my eye, but then I realise how fed up I am with the influx of first-person survival horror right and have to give it a pass in response.

Buy Gravity Rush Remastered!

It's one of the best horror games of the generation and it's definitely *the* best game adaptation of the Alien universe that I've played since the 90's.

If you like Alien as a 80's sci-fi aesthetic and if you like high-quality narrative setpiece design, and if you like some of the industry's best sound design, then this game is for you.

I'd get Sleeping Dogs but I'm sure if I did then it goes PS+/GWXBL next month...

So maybe I should do it for you guys.

Sleeping Dogs is not going to be on PS+ ever. Sony isn't giving us quality AAA's any more as Plus has become an online play tax. It will be a giant miracle if we ever get Sleeping Dogs like games on Plus again (the PS3 version was on Plus actually).

As for the game itself, it's a pretty bad port but playable. Get it if you don't have a good PC to play it on.

What are these Sword Art Online games? Are they barebone grind fest RPGs? Monster hunting? A typical JRPG?

Based on the light novels /anime... They're monster hunting +dungeon clearing jrpgs, main quests involve clearing a floor then defeating a large boss(which is like monster hunting games) in hollow fragment. Translation for the first one is really bad. Dunno about sequels. I wouldn't recommend them.

If you like Alien film you should definitely buy it. It's the best videogame adaptation of the film universe by a long way, and it's the best first-person tension/horror game I've played.

But if you do go for it, get the £7 version. The main game is pretty meaty with a campaign that'll last 15+ hours, and honestly by the time you're done with it I doubt you'll be desperate to play more.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

This would be a mistake, it's by far the best first person horror game ever.

eso76

The main criticism aimed at the PS4 version were that it was a lazy port with nothing really added etc, but that doesn't stop it being a good game.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/ratchet-clank/cid=EP9000-CUSA01928_00-RCPS400000000000

Thanks, was still 36€ or so when I checked earlier.
Bought ! Been wanting to try it for a while now and for 19.99 I think it's a pretty great deal.

Might end up throwing away 16€ for the Order. I'm know I'll get some entertainment out of the photo mode if nothing else

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Tempted to buy Ratchet & Clank for this price.

Do it. Was my first ratchet and clank game and i loved it.

Is the sleeping dogs remastered fixed ? Last i heard ot was a bit buggy on the technical side, have they patched it?

Also you all need to get valkyria chronicles. Great game. And dishonoured

Lindsaymv

Is the sleeping dogs remastered fixed ? Last i heard ot was a bit buggy on the technical side, have they patched it?

I bought Sleeping Dogs last time it was on sale for 5EUR or so, and I loved it. When I first downloaded it, I remember thinking the framerate while driving was pretty rough and borderline unacceptable but in the end I liked the game enough to get over it and overall it never got in the way or annoyed me that much. In terms of actual bugs, I don't remember there being anything major (certainly not more than the usual jank I expect of a GTA-style game). The DLC is super boring but the main game was a lot of fun.

Edit: Also, just to clarify I didn't think it was a masterpiece or anything. Lot's of little annoyances and gameplay can be repetitive in the missions, but the main story didn't outstay its welcome and it filled a really great niche for me where it was easy and fun enough to be my stress-release game where I would just drive around and find the hidden collectibles. Again, I loved it but I don't want to oversell it if you're looking for a really immersive game or anything.

Blablurn

I bought Sleeping Dogs last time it was on sale for 5EUR or so, and I loved it. When I first downloaded it, I remember thinking the framerate while driving was pretty rough and borderline unacceptable but in the end I liked the game enough to get over it and overall it never got in the way or annoyed me that much. In terms of actual bugs, I don't remember there being anything major (certainly not more than the usual jank I expect of a GTA-style game). The DLC is super boring but the main game was a lot of fun.

listen to this man

the framerate is terrible but if you like the game you won't care

kvn

Not really, but there is nothing that would really get in one's way of completing it. Played through the remaster perfectly fine.

decaf

How bad is Psychonauts as an EU PS4 Classic?
I enjoyed the original PS2 PAL release, and wouldn't mind replaying it. As long as it's not noticeably worse I might get it.
It's not a #PS2PS4 release, it's a remaster based on the updated PC version IIRC.

IbukiLordSA

Nitroplus Blasterz is finally on sale, about time, was hoping Odin Sphere would hit the sale but maybe in a couple more months. For now I am good with picking up Nitroplus.

Do it. Was my first ratchet and clank game and i loved it.

Also you all need to get valkyria chronicles. Great game. And dishonoured

There's nothing wrong with the PS4 port of Sleeping Dogs per se, it's just an unexceptional remaster that doesn't greatly improve on the last-gen version in any significant way. But it's still an improvement nonetheless, and the game is excellent. I played through it to the point of getting the platinum (again) and I don't recall much in the way of technical hitches.

There's nothing wrong with the PS4 port of Sleeping Dogs per se, it's just an unexceptional remaster that doesn't greatly improve on the last-gen version in any significant way. But it's still an improvement nonetheless, and the game is excellent. I played through it to the point of getting the platinum (again) and I don't recall much in the way of technical hitches.

I didn't have any technical issues with Sleepy Dogs Definitive either, and I thought with all the added effects like lighting and reflections it was a good improvement over the PS3 version. I think I encountered frame-rate hitches two or three times in the whole game. Of course I'd have preferred it to be 60fps, but I thought this was a reasonable improvement and it's a game that wasn't a big hit so it deserves the sales second time around.

xrnzaaas

Sleeping Dogs DE is a poor remaster, but yeah, the technical problems aren't interfering too much with the gameplay. I bought it in a sale and had fun replaying it. Only the DLC content (which was new to me) was pretty bad. I'd be pissed if I paid extra for it in the original 360 version I had.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sleeping Dogs DE is a poor remaster, but yeah, the technical problems aren't interfering too much with the gameplay. I bought it in a sale and had fun replaying it. Only the DLC content (which was new to me) was pretty bad. I'd be pissed if I paid extra for it in the original 360 version I had.

I wouldn't say it was a poor remaster, just not as impressive as some of the better ones for sure. Certainly competent though and I had a great time earning the plat on PS4 even if the framerate wasn't 60fps. Some of the added effectwork were a nice bonus over the prior console releases.

Oneself

Sneaked in from Canada GAF being a bit jaleous of your great Euro sales to tell you:
If R&C is in your cart/basket, just do it.

Intel_89

I'll probably just pick up Assault Android Cactus, I've been waiting for this to be on sale since it failed to become a PS+ game (sorry Paz, don't hate me :( ) so I won't be missing out on it.

Got Tales of Zesteria, Digimon Cybersleuth and Senran Kagura. Not sure about any of them though, but hey, price seems right and I'm in dire need of some PS4 games so I'll take it.

Sakujou

Banned
get Assault Android Cactus .

this game is so genius, fucking love pretty much everything about this game.

such a shame that everyone voted for broforce back then(which is such a bad game).

black070

Defensive combat. You can overcome certain enemies and the game has numerous tactics and items.

Okay now I'm interested.. I actually have no idea what the game involves despite having seen gameplay videos. It just looks like a lot of running and hiding which is off putting.

xrnzaaas

I wouldn't say it was a poor remaster, just not as impressive as some of the better ones for sure. Certainly competent though and I had a great time earning the plat on PS4 even if the framerate wasn't 60fps. Some of the added effectwork were a nice bonus over the prior console releases.

Notice that I used the word remaster, not port. :) With remasters I'm always more demanding and I tend to complain when a previous gen game can't hit 60fps, suffers from frame drops and doesn't look that much better overall. Which sadly is quite often, because it's not easy to find a solid remaster these days.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Okay now I'm interested.. I actually have no idea what the game involves despite having seen gameplay videos. It just looks like a lot of running and hiding which is off putting.

Running is actually the worst thing you can do, followed by hiding. There is a bit of combat involved, particularly in one stretch, but you are mostly using crafted items to keep people away from you.

Let me put it this way: as someone who regularly plays and watches horror stuff and is therefore hard to get frightened, I shat bricks while playing Alien Isolation.

It was my very first PS4 game and I was seriously impressed.

Edit: I bought Outlast due to my experience with Alien and found it to be utter crap. It has NOTHING on Alien Isolation.

black070

Running is actually the worst thing you can do, followed by hiding. There is a bit of combat involved, particularly in one stretch, but you are mostly using crafted items to keep people away from you.
Let me put it this way: as someone who regularly plays and watches horror stuff and is therefore hard to get frightened, I shat bricks while playing Alien Isolation.

It was my very first PS4 game and I was seriously impressed.

Edit: I bought Outlast due to my experience with Alien and found it to be utter crap. It has NOTHING on Alien Isolation.

Going to have to pull the trigger then - thanks guys.

Is Alien Isolation like Outlast or does it involve combat ?

Yes, as others have said, it does involve some combat and isn't purely about running away and hiding. I found Outlast tedious as the gameplay never switched gears.

One really cool thing is that you can craft several different items - for example molotov cocktails as the alien is scared only of fire, but also there are human enemies in the game who are hostile towards you, and you can for example create a device called the Noisemaker to attract the alien to them, whereby it will take them out. There are also some android enemies called the Working Joes which are creepy dead-eyed monsters and arguably scarier than the beast.

Top Bottom