• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Monthly Charts March 2023 | Console hardware sales were up 67% driven by PS5 (up 369%)

begotten

How much do we expect demand to go up when there's actually first party announcements outside of Wolverine & Factions? (Which were made years ago)

Flutta

Banned
Gamepass streaming is already available on Android and iphones.

And available on select Samsung tvs.

It's literally available to hundreds of millions of potential subscribers. Xbox series is a tiny proportion of addressable market.
It’s also where the majority of GP subs are coming from. Those hundreds of millions your talking about aren’t subbing for a reason.

Maybe playing AA or AAA on phones isn’t the most viable option to say the least.

What i meant was that they should offer games that cater to phone user, TV’s etc. Also streaming isn’t something people will flock to either, and there’s a bunch of reasons for that also.

Mr Moose

Is that guy just an idiot or something?
He gets paid for it.
wait? i thought I was having a Deja vu. Are these numbers recent?
It's becoming a monthly trend.
And the UK Feb one:

Last edited:
Europe Data:

March Hardware:
1. PS5 - Up 400%
2. Switch - Down 19%
3. Xbox Series - Down 13%

Q1 Hardware:
1. PS5 - Up 369%
2. Switch - Down 18%
3. Xbox Series - Down 10%

These are devastating figures for xbox and I don't understand how there are no consequences in the direction of the brand, while PS5 multiplies its sales x5 they drop, and you still have to read nonsense asking for Ryan's resignation while they applaud Spencer's management.

tmlDan

I think people underestimate the power of some of the up and coming PS games over the likes of something like starfield and GP.

Spiderman and Wolverine are both IP's that extend beyond gaming, no new IP will reach the influence of those IP especially given Sony actually makes good games (versus other's who had control over big IP's) and markets them like crazy all over the world.

Any normie who see's a PS Spiderman Ad is gonna want a PS5 regardless of other games on the platform.

If only Halo was good long term, it's the only thing that could have pushed console sales but it has long lost it's luster, I just don't see Starfield doing that either even though im confident it'll be amazing - they needed an elder scrolls over it.

Last edited:
q9U5rx2.jpg
Turn Up Dancing GIF by Bounce

Popular club.

Brucey

It’s also where the majority of GP subs are coming from. Those hundreds of millions your talking about aren’t subbing for a reason.

Maybe playing AA or AAA on phones isn’t the most viable option to say the least.

What i meant was that they should offer games that cater to phone user, TV’s etc. Also streaming isn’t something people will flock to either, and there’s a bunch of reasons for that also.
Right but you can use Samsung Dex and an xb or ps controller via Bluetooth. It's not like you are limited to touch screen controls.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s23-ultra-dex-gaming-3309316/

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
This is actually crazy when you think about it because Sony hasn't even has a showcase in like 18 months. They literally do not need first party games.
This is the power of the brands. And the trust they can have with their customers. GOW Ragnarok helped a little too I hope. The 2020 showcase was enough to carry all the way to now. The smaller State of play helped even if here they have been mocked a few times on Neogaf. We need and will probably get a good showcase soon for the hype to stay high. And we have rumors of a slim version coming out so Sony will have to convince us to buy it. This and PS VR2 means that they have a lot of work to do this year to do. All lights are green for Sony. Outside of the PS+ numbers maybe?
They released GT7, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok in the last year. MLB the Show 22 and 23, then PSVR2 Horizon Call of the mountain too…
This 100%.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Shocking that Cereza isn't in the top 10 with the amount of no money Nintendo spent on marketing.
It wasn't even in the top 30 on the eShop, which has never happened to my knowledge for a first party title.

It mega bombed. Fitting since it feels like a lost Clover Studios title. I rated it 10/10. One of the best games of the year.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is actually crazy when you think about it because Sony hasn't even has a showcase in like 18 months. They literally do not need first party games.
Ragnarok just came out last Nov. It hasnt even been 6 months yet. I dont know about not needing them...but they are releasing them.

While not a major showcase, they had a handful of State of Plays in that time.

They released GT7, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok in the last year. MLB the Show 22 and 23, then PSVR2 Horizon Call of the mountain too…
I'm shocked some ppl forget that a Ragnarok bundle is still available. Dont need first party game? lol.

Last edited:

GHG

People really think they gonna fire jim.

Jim knows what it takes to grow a business across Europe, it's his bread and butter.

They literally have been releasing first party games over the last 18 months.

You know, the important bit, not the talking.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think people underestimate the power of some of the up and coming PS games over the likes of something like starfield and GP.

Spiderman and Wolverine are both IP's that extend beyond gaming, no new IP will reach the influence of those IP especially given Sony actually makes good games (versus other's who had control over big IP's) and markets them like crazy all over the world.

Any normie who see's a PS Spiderman Ad is gonna want a PS5 regardless of other games on the platform.

If only Halo was good long term, it's the only thing that could have pushed console sales but it has long lost it's luster, I just don't see Starfield doing that either even though im confident it'll be amazing - they needed an elder scrolls over it.

No average consumer is thinking this far ahead. This is purely the Harry Potter effect and how Sony has literally planted themselves with their marketing as the place to buy these games.

Elios83

Brutal numbers for Xbox.
The whole strategy around Series S and Gamepass is failing, at least relatively to their expectations of creating a disruptive shift in the way games are consumed as a product.
If Starfield doesn't lift the situation next fall they'll need to seriously rethink their strategy.
They might also find themselves competing with a 399$ PS5 Slim and Spiderman 2 in September.

I wouldn't resub to GP to play on my phone, but if they get it on Steam and SteamDeck or Switch, I'd be tempted.

Skifi28

This is two years ago now, this shit is wild.

How can people even remember to dig this shit up....

Like, "I remember that tweet from some crazy xbox fan two years ago.....man I can't wait to post this for the next ten years and pretend I'm not all in on this shit"

Crazy.
Dont worry, he still posts the exact same fanboy crap two years later.

Top Bottom