• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Monthly Game Charts - April 2023

European GSD April 2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (EA)
2FIFA 23 (EA)
3Dead Island 2 (Plaion)
4Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
5The Last of Us: Part 2 (Sony)
6Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
7Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
8Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
9NBA 2K23 (2K Games)
10Resident Evil 4: Remake (Capcom)

Some Mad results on this month's list.

Last edited:

Tsaki

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been in the charts quite often. A next gen version has to be in the works right?

The Last of Us Part 2 at #5 you love to see it.
Charting like mad the last 6+ months.

Pretty much makes the PSN top sales every month on Europe and the US and even sometimes in Japan and that's obviously not the best market for it.

They really need to release the PC version asap (Atleast before season 2 of the show) and if your making a PC version they may aswell release a PS5 SKU.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
All the way up to #5 and ahead of Resident Evil 4? Put up good numbers last month.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
5The Last of Us: Part 2 (Sony)

Eo7EUq8XEAQrhbE

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Jim Ryan
Yes. In fact, we have a mechanism for tracking sales across all networks, so we can see exactly how sales are trending. As for The Last of Us, the number of games sold increased each time we released a new episode of the drama. I think this is a wonderful thing.

Whether it's a game or a drama, I'm happy that more people can enjoy "The Last of Us" as some form of entertainment. The synergistic effect of producing the drama is like "2 + 2 = 5"

jm89

Do we have numbers for April 2022?
For europe in april 2022 we only got this

289,000 games consoles were sold across Europe in April, a drop of 15% over March.

Nintendo Switch was the leading platform for a seventh consecutive month. PS5 is in second position, followed by Xbox Series S and X.

All three platforms are suffering from stock challenges, although the situation is particularly challenging for Microsoft and Sony.

It was the best month of the year so far for PS5.

Doesn't look like the article mentions any YOY comparisons for each console

Sales where pretty dire back then.

Tsaki

For europe in april 2022 we only got this

Doesn't look like the article mentions any YOY comparisons for each console

Sales where pretty dire back then.
Hmm not sure if I got the napkin math right but for April 2022 I calculated unit sales for PS5 when compared to Series consoles as: 54041 + 0.18*X, where X are the units of Series consoles for the same month. In my calculation I assume 0 PS4 and XOne sold, which isn't true but the sales of the last gen systems will massively favor PS4 over XOne.

Top Bottom