• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Even most visionary people have such views on gaming...

Starts at 15.10 or nearabout.

He is one of visionary people and regularly speaks at World Economic Forum and UN. So GAF is there any way to prove decisively its impact?

Feel free to watch whole video if you are at home due to convid19 and nothing good to do. Its entertaining as hell.

Pugbee.

Also, he's quite wrong, lol. My ten year old has been nagging me to play DOOM 2016. I was hesitant at first, but I give in - it's probably fine. As on the JRE, the designers had Tom & Jerry more in mind than true psychological gorefests.

Mario Kart did not make me a dangerous driver, in fact, it probably made me a better driver.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Starts at 15.10 or nearabout.

He is one of visionary people and regularly speaks at World Economic Forum and UN. So GAF is there any way to prove decisively its impact?

Feel free to watch whole video if you are at home due to convid19 and nothing good to do. Its entertaining as hell.

He has some good points and uses basic logic. However he often thinks a bit to simplistic with his statements which results in that he talks himself into a corner. The same happens with the gaming part.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I LOVE Sadhguru, I've read one his books, but man he's not right here. I couldn't get on board with the notion that once someone turns 18, shooting on-screen characters isn't enough and you want to do it in real life. What's he doing, taking notes from Jack Thompson?

Kids played Cowboys and Indians when I was growing up. We held toy guns and/or cap guns that made loud firing sounds in our hands that often looked and felt pretty real - certainly to a child. We pointed these guns at each other and actually pulled the triggers while doing so. If that's not a closer approximation to actually shooting people in real life, I don't know what is. And none of the kids I knew grew up to shoot others irl.

For healthy people, video games are the same. They are imaginative play and/or escapism. For those without mental disorders, such engagement does not lead to acting out the imaginary behavior in the real world. Most of us have no issue drawing a line between fantasy and reality.

Great Hair

Banned
I wonder what would happen if we put two gurus in the same room.
a) absolute boredom
b) WW3
c) bromance
d) they would groom each other
e) they will start a duo singing career
f) they scam people

Last edited:
Top Bottom