• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Cancelled GameCube Game | DidYouKnowGaming?

Saber

Gold Member
I remember an old ass magazine I had when I was younger showing Diddy Kong Racing and Legend of Zelda as upcoming tittles.

But it seems those pictures I remember are nothing but this Donkey Kong racer the video showed up.

Also I'm not quite sad about Conker. Live and Reload, which is kinda of a remake of the first one, its a pretty good take. They should have totally relaunched the game for 360 or even nowadays.

I'm sad my favorite game sold poorly both on the Dreamcast and the GameCube. If SEGA actually went through with the PS2 version, I think it would have done better.

It was? It felt barren for a Nintendo console after coming off of NES and SNES when almost every major publisher was making games almost exclusively for Nintendo.
Yes, but those who had it were so desperate to play games on it, so whenever a new game came out they bought it and played the hell out of it... Now they have so much of their childhood memories riding on this that they developed Stockholm syndrome for the machine and the few games it had.

I had one, unfortunately I also had a PS1 and a decent PC back then... so it mostly gathered dust until I could re-sell the machine to a collector as "like new", I had Zelda OOT/Majora's mask + Mario 64... I played Mario a bit, and Zelda OOT until the water castle, I played Majora's mask until I noticed it restarted every few minutes or so... put everything back in their boxes and carried it around for years. One of the worst consoles I ever owned.

Vawn

Banned
Yes, but those who had it were so desperate to play games on it, so whenever a new game came out they bought it and played the hell out of it... Now they have so much of their childhood memories riding on this that they developed Stockholm syndrome for the machine and the few games it had.

I had one, unfortunately I also had a PS1 and a decent PC back then... so it mostly gathered dust until I could re-sell the machine to a collector as "like new", I had Zelda OOT/Majora's mask + Mario 64... I played Mario a bit, and Zelda OOT until the water castle, I played Majora's mask until I noticed it restarted every few minutes or so... put everything back in their boxes and carried it around for years. One of the worst consoles I ever owned.

Don't get me wrong there were some amazing games on N64. Nintendo was showing how 3D gaming should be done with Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

But, as big as the big games were, there were major droughts. The total library was obliterated by the new PlayStation who lured most major publishers away from Nintendo.

And that freaking controller. This was the start of Nintendo overthinking themselves and trying to be TOO creative.

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
It was? It felt barren for a Nintendo console after coming off of NES and SNES when almost every major publisher was making games almost exclusively for Nintendo.

NES/SNES were the only consoles like this.

N64 was the start, but the Gamecube is when I finally broke.

Watching all the amazing concepts start creeping up with the Xbox/PS2 and the advent of online console gaming, and then the 360 coming out with all those crazy new visuals and engines......and Nintendo comes out with the Wii looking like a suped up Gamecube and then claiming that they care about gamers.

I was a Nintendo loyalist back then and now i kinda can't stand them. They're just about as disingenuous as EA to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom