• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-KGB chief suspected of helping compile Trump/Russia dossier found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt it warranted its own thread for discussion

@kenvogel
Ex-KGB chief suspected of helping compile Trump/Russia dossier found dead in back of car. Body sent to FSB morgue.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...b-chief-linked-mi6-spys-dossier-donald-trump/

Oleg Erovinkin, a former general in the KGB and its successor the FSB, was found dead in the back of his car in Moscow on Boxing Day in mysterious circumstances.

Erovinkin was a key aide to Igor Sechin, a former deputy prime minister and now head of Rosneft, the state-owned oil company, who is repeatedly named in the dossier.

hristo Grozev, an expert on Russia-related security threats, believes Erovinkin is the key source to whom Mr Steele refers in his dossier.

The author of the dossier is in hiding fearing for his life.

Jarmel

Banned
Nah. Jail guy was openly charged with treason (and will never be heard from again).

Erovkin is a suspicious death that anyone with a pulse could tell you was a hit.
Ah so this is a second guy, that makes sense. Some people were making it out to be the same individual.

Being tortured or whatever you want to call it. I thought he was detained. Was he released and then killed?

I mean, yeah, that's what the Russian report on it said. The reason I put "jail" in parenthesis was because I think that was just what the government there said and really they were planning on assassinating him. But I don't know if he was actually detained for a while and then released, only to be subsequently killed.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm wrong; not even the same guy. So this is the second guy related to the dossier to be dealt with.

Siloviki will ensure all these men are killed or "vanish". Make no mistake about that.

Putins pocket's are endless, and while he might not have total control over his allies in the Siloviki, they all have a common interest in keeping their corruption at least ostensibly under wraps.

Okay, it's looking pretty damn clear at this point that Russia did have a hand in assisting trump with the election. Like there is no doubt left at all.

Okay, it's looking pretty damn clear at this point that Russia did have a hand in assisting trump with the election. Like there is no doubt left at all.

Yep.
Still can't drag Trump in for questioning though. There's little doubt he'd fall apart if he had to appear in court, but...dammit.

It's so frustrating.

AYF 001

Not only that, it's been FOUR guys so far. EDIT: Well, *FIVE* sorry lol, including this death. I'm starting to lose track.

Ruslan Stoyanov
Major Dmitry Dokuchayev
Sergei Mikhailov
and Andrei Gerasimov

*plus Oleg Erovinkin

From another thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338276.
Just so everyone can see, here's what Dugin's book "Foundations of Geopolitics is about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

The book declares that "the battle for the world rule of [ethnic] Russians" has not ended and Russia remains "the staging area of a new anti-bourgeois, anti-American revolution." The Eurasian Empire will be constructed "on the fundamental principle of the common enemy: the rejection of Atlanticism, strategic control of the USA, and the refusal to allow liberal values to dominate us."[1]

Military operations play relatively little role. The textbook believes in a sophisticated program of subversion, destabilization, and disinformation spearheaded by the Russian special services. The operations should be assisted by a tough, hard-headed utilization of Russia's gas, oil, and natural resources to bully and pressure other countries.[1]

The book states that "the maximum task [of the future] is the 'Finlandization' of all of Europe".[1]

In Europe:

Germany should be offered the de facto political dominance over most Protestant and Catholic states located within Central and Eastern Europe. Kaliningrad oblast could be given back to Germany. The book uses the term "Moscow-Berlin axis".[1]
France should be encouraged to form a "Franco-German bloc" with Germany. Both countries have a "firm anti-Atlanticist tradition".[1]
The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.[1]
Finland should be absorbed into Russia. Southern Finland will be combined with the Republic of Karelia and northern Finland will be "donated to Murmansk Oblast".[1]
Estonia should be given to Germany's sphere of influence.[1]
Latvia and Lithuania should be given a "special status" in the Eurasian-Russian sphere.[1]
Poland should be granted a "special status" in the Eurasian sphere.[1]
Romania, Macedonia, "Serbian Bosnia" and Greece – "orthodox collectivist East" – will unite with "Moscow the Third Rome" and reject the "rational-individualistic West".[1]
Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "“Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[1]

In the Middle East and Central Asia:

The book stresses the "continental Russian-Islamic alliance" which lies "at the foundation of anti-Atlanticist strategy". The alliance is based on the "traditional character of Russian and Islamic civilization".
Iran is a key ally. The book uses the term "Moscow-Tehran axis".[1]
Armenia has a special role: It will serve as a "strategic base," and it is necessary to create "the [subsidiary] axis Moscow-Erevan-Teheran". Armenians "are an Aryan people … [like] the Iranians and the Kurds".[1]
Azerbaijan could be "split up" or given to Iran.[1]
Georgia should be dismembered. Abkhazia and "United Ossetia" (which includes Georgia's South Ossetia) will be incorporated into Russia. Georgia's independent policies are unacceptable.[1]
Russia needs to create "geopolitical shocks" within Turkey. These can be achieved by employing Kurds, Armenians and other minorities.[1]
The book regards the Caucasus as a Russian territory, including "the eastern and northern shores of the Caspian (the territories of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan)" and Central Asia (mentioning Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan).[1]

In Asia:

China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled". Dugin suggests that Russia start by taking Tibet-Xinjiang-Mongolia-Manchuria as a security belt.[2] Russia should offer China help "in a southern direction – Indochina (except Vietnam), the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia" as geopolitical compensation.[1]
Russia should manipulate Japanese politics by offering the Kuril Islands to Japan and provoking anti-Americanism.[1]
Mongolia should be absorbed into Eurasia-Russia.[1]

The book emphasizes that Russia must spread Anti-Americanism everywhere: "the main 'scapegoat' will be precisely the U.S."

In the United States:

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]

The Eurasian Project could be expanded to South and Central America.[1]

BowieZ

Banned
Just so everyone can see, here's what Dugin's book "Foundations of Geopolitics is about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Jesus.

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]

More people need to familiarise themselves with this knowledge ASAP.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Most what Dugin wanted is happening is some way, and note that it was written in the late 90s. It didn't happen literally, but for example creating a rift between France/German-led Europe and the UK/US is definitely happening. Cooling relations with Japan has been going on (Putin almost offered the Kuril islands recently). There is now a Calexit, and lots of tensions with African-American issues. The biggest exception would be possible improvement of relations with Turkey, which was not foreseen at all, unsurprisingly.

The overall direction is happening, not the literal points. The thing is I think a lot of people ascribe those ideas to Dugin, when they are probably far more commonly accepted views among Russian strategists. Dugin kind of puts a bold tone to it all, but the underlying ideas are not that crazy.

LOL! Maybe my imagination is limited but how the hell would Russia influence/bank roll a Black racist group? I'm picturing Russians in blackface makeup and dashikis causing trouble and inciting a race war.

Google Calexit Moscow. Fairly easy to understand how. Or watch this 4min clip: "Shapeshifting" an excerpt from HyperNormalization by Adam Curtis

AYF 001

Jesus.

More people need to familiarise themselves with this knowledge ASAP.

That's also why I keep saying that the California secessionist talk is such a bad idea.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...aders-lives-in-russia-20161216-htmlstory.html

http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2016/12/13...ia-calexit-leader-plots-california-secession/

LOL! Maybe my imagination is limited but how the hell would Russia influence/bank roll a Black racist group? I'm picturing Russians in blackface makeup and dashikis causing trouble and inciting a race war.
Same way they influence other groups. Putin trolls infiltrate message boards and start spreading propaganda. They back leaders in hopes that their increased prominence leads to instability on all sides, causing the U.S. to expend its energy internally dealing with it. While our attention is diverted inward, they use the opportunity to increase their presence on the global stage.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
You pose as the two different groups online and push the followers of each to be more radical. Youtube comments would be an easy one to influence. The open internet in the West is basically a open platform for brainwashing/sowing division. i dont see the internet surviving how it is after whatever it is thats coming comes and goes/stays.

BowieZ

Banned
That's also why I keep saying that the California secessionist talk is such a bad idea.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...aders-lives-in-russia-20161216-htmlstory.html

http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2016/12/13...ia-calexit-leader-plots-california-secession/

Same way they influence other groups. Putin trolls infiltrate message boards and start spreading propaganda. They back leaders in hopes that their increased prominence leads to instability on all sides, causing the U.S. to expend its energy internally dealing with it. While our attention is diverted inward, they use the opportunity to increase their presence on the global stage.

You pose as the two different groups online and push the followers of each to be more radical. Youtube comments would be an easy one to influence. The open internet in the West is basically a open platform for brainwashing/sowing division. i dont see the internet surviving how it is after whatever it is thats coming comes and goes/stays.

This, coupled with the Cambridge Analytica strategy of targeting people who are known to be susceptible to propaganda, as I mentioned here. Steve Bannon was on their board, and Trump donated them $5 million.

Google Calexit Moscow. Fairly easy to understand how. Or watch this 4min clip: "Shapeshifting" an excerpt from HyperNormalization by Adam Curtis

Shit. This is very concerning.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

this is metal gear levels of whats going on??
jswxMum.jpg

One of the many things that I wish voters had caught on to before the election was that Jill Stein was getting support from Putin. Hell, she even appeared on Russian TV a few times and kissed ass talking about how much they "respect civil rights".

Russia was banking on third-party candidates to mess things up for Hilary, and sure enough.

Fucking WHAT.

One of the many things that I wish voters had caught on to before the election was that Jill Stein was getting support from Putin. Hell, she even appeared on Russian TV a few times and kissed ass talking about how much they "respect civil rights".

Russia was banking on third-party candidates to mess things up for Hilary, and sure enough.

FUCKING WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom