• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
Rosneft, sounds familiar.

Oh.

Oh.

Page has criticized the US sanctions on Russia as "sanctimonious expressions of moral superiority." He praised Sechin in a May 2014 blog post for his "accomplishments" in advancing US-Russia relations. A US official serving in Russia while Page worked at Merrill Lynch in Moscow told Isikoff that Page "was pretty much a brazen apologist for anything Moscow did."

From the blogpost:

Personal vendettas against those with the greatest accomplishments

On April 28th, the U.S. government added Rosneft Chairman Igor Sechin to its latest sanctions target list. Through the partnerships he has personally built with ExxonMobil, the largest energy company in North America, Sechin has done more to advance U.S.-Russian relations than any individual in or out of government from either side of the Atlantic over the past decade. President Putin recognized ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson by awarding Sechin's leading partner from the U.S. the Order of Friendship last summer in St. Petersburg.

So yeah. There was quite clearly a sanctions deal with Carter Page in the works as far back as 2014 (after sanctions announced in March 2014), and it sounds to me like Rex Tillerson is involved somehow, his name floated as far back as that. Trump announced his candidacy in June 2015.

Boy, this thing is such a pressure cooker. It may not be soon, but at some point, it just needs that dash of a little something and it's going to blow.

Crazy theory

The election campaign of trump was mainly about Russian deal, and, somwhere, a large amount of money, maybe trump had cash flow issues even, running would help land the deal lots of opportunity to damage Clintons future policy (that's the quid pro quo), and trump went with it, he never expected to win, he expected to do better than people expected, but not win. He even thought about dropping out.

He won and was frankly gobsmacked

Now he has to cover up the mess: hide his business affairs hide his tax returns eject the other people involved, before they are a liability. Putin does as well,

What started as a grubby deal with a US oligarch who promised second stringers in Russia he could help get Russia reconnected to capital again, has developed into a tangled web of deceit. The Russians fell over themselves to help, hacked and spread info, a little too enthusiastically as it turned out.

Bannon and co, smarter, oppotunistic, don't care what busts down the door of the WH they come in on his coat tails anyway.

Zips

Comey or someone else from the FBI was probably the one that gave the report to Putin. The FBI is compromised.

Putin is just cleaning up loose ends to make sure the uncompromised American agencies can't find anything conclusive. Putin has a head start on silencing the leaks as the FBI sat on the report, and is probably making efforts to spread compromised staff to the other American intelligence agencies at the same time. Trump will help with that.

Barring some damn heroes that find and/or reveal conclusive evidence before that finishes, america's governing organizations will be like Putin's sock puppet. Putin is beside himself with glee, as this is the stuff of dreams - foreign influence controlling a superpower.

petran79

Banned
Oh good, we got to Whataboutism in less than 20 posts!

One should also pay attention whether people that criticize Trump have also the moral high ground to do so. If not, nothing good will come out of this.

That has nothing to do with what we are dealing with here at home as selfish as that sounds.

also, I am not sure we have done anything to another country to this degree.

Actually it was one of the biggest blunders the West did, almost leading to a wide scale conflict. Not that Russia didnt take advantage of this.
USA supported that Georgian dictator for a while.

https://books.google.gr/books?id=rSfGBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT225#v=onepage&q&f=false
https://books.google.gr/books?id=rSfGBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT226#v=onepage&q&f=false

back then things were different

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ill-have-US-support-says-Georgian-leader.html

Germany had actually done the same to other European countries. Eg the famous Siemens bribing scandals. They even hold one Greek official who was a mediator to bribe politicians in Greece. He escaped to Germany in secret or rather his friends let him leave. He knows many secrets so they are not extraditing him.

rt2R7OL.jpg
holy shit

Kenclops

Banned
Head of Kaspersky arrested. Did he send out files proving the Russia Trump connection using Kaspersky antivirus? I'm asking this because I've had two customers whose Kaspersky was corrupted two days ago by an update. It also corrupted a few system files. Can someone datamine Kaspersky antivirus and check previous builds and virus definitions?

Xtyle

That's not what I meant. The U.S government does a lot of shitty things to the other countries, but that does not mean we don't defend the country when under attack.

One should also pay attention whether people that criticize Trump have also the moral high ground to do so. If not, nothing good will come out of this.

Actually it was one of the biggest blunders the West did, almost leading to a wide scale conflict. Not that Russia didnt take advantage of this.
USA supported that Georgian dictator for a while.

https://books.google.gr/books?id=rSfGBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT225#v=onepage&q&f=false
https://books.google.gr/books?id=rSfGBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT226#v=onepage&q&f=false

back then things were different

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ill-have-US-support-says-Georgian-leader.html

Germany had actually done the same to other European countries. Eg the famous Siemens bribing scandals. They even hold one Greek official who was a mediator to bribe politicians in Greece. He escaped to Germany in secret or rather his friends let him leave. He knows many secrets so they are not extraditing him.

petran79

Banned
That's not what I meant. The U.S government does a lot of shitty things to the other countries, but that does not mean we don't defend the country when under attack.

It may not be apparent at first, but doing that stuff to others undermines your own country.

FunkyMonk

That has nothing to do with what we are dealing with here at home as selfish as that sounds.

also, I am not sure we have done anything to another country to this degree.

Not to defend the whataboutism but you really need to read up on Chile 1971, Iran 1953, Argentina 1976 and all the other times the US backed or instigated coups in other countries.

Note: what's happened in the US has took me aback, Russian interference needs to be slapped down so damn hard that the world won't forget what the response was however Trump isn't going to be the one doing it. This post was only correcting the misapprehension regarding US interference in other countries.

Xtyle

I am not defending that and I don't disagree that the U.S has done some questionable things to other countries.

Mo words are taken out of contest though.I was merely saying what we have here in the states now is a problem we have to deal with regardless if the U.S has done similar things to other countries. This is still our country to defend in a time of crisis.

As i said, the U.S probably did some shitty things to other nations but that's another problem to fix for another day.

Not to defend the whataboutism but you really need to read up on Chile 1971, Iran 1953, Argentina 1976 and all the other times the US backed or instigated coups in other countries.

Note: what's happened in the US has took me aback, Russian interference needs to be slapped down so damn hard that the world won't forget what the response was however Trump isn't going to be the one doing it. This post was only correcting the misapprehension regarding US interference in other countries.

FunkyMonk

I am not defending that and I don't disagree that the U.S has done some questionable things to other countries.

Mo words are taken out of contest though.I was merely saying what we have here in the states now is a problem we have to deal with regardless if the U.S has done similar things to other countries. This is still our country to defend in a time of crisis.

As i said, the U.S probably did some shitty things to other nations but that's another problem to fix for another day.

No argument there mate, sorry if I took you the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom