• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-mistress to Donald Sterling, loses her home and other gifts to Sterling's wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-loses-home-other-gifts-wife-ex-clippers-085123262--spt.html
The billionaire wife of former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling got her revenge against a woman he secretly showered with gifts and whose recording of his racially offensive rant cost him ownership of the team.

Shelly Sterling's victory Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court will force V. Stiviano to surrender a $1.8 million duplex and return $800,000 lavished on her in cash handouts and several luxury cars, including a Ferrari, during a shadowy relationship.

Shelly Sterling claimed that Stiviano seduced her 80-year-old husband and manipulated him to give up community property the couple amassed through a real estate rental empire built over six decades of marriage.

The award is a trifle for Sterling, but represents a triumph over a younger woman who cuddled up to her husband in public, told others she was the "next Mrs. Sterling" and caused them shame when the recordings surfaced.

Stiviano's recordings toppled her husband and "took us both down," Shelly Sterling testified at trial last month. "We lost the team. They were like another child."

Stiviano was partly undone by those same phone recordings.

"Everything that I have you've given me from your heart without me begging or asking or throwing myself all over you," Stiviano could be heard telling the billionaire in a clip played at trial to show they plotted to shield gifts from his wife.

Attorney Mac Nehoray said he and his client were disappointed and would appeal the ruling, which is tentative and will become final in 15 days if there are no objections.

The ruling comes nearly a year after the recording of Sterling telling Stiviano not to associate with black people caused an uproar and led the NBA to ban him for life and fine him $2.5 million.

With the NBA threatening to seize the team, Shelly Sterling got hold of a family trust by showing her husband had signs of Alzheimer's disease and negotiated a record $2 billion sale to ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Her husband failed to block the sale in court and has sued his wife and the NBA in federal court.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
That makes no sense. If he gave his mistresses gifts then it should not have to be returned. The man knew what he was doing. I'm guessing the ex-wife must have pulled some favors.

norm9

Good. If I gave gifts to someone while they were intentionally trying to sabotage my livelihood behind my back, I'd want that shit back too so I could burn it to the ground in front of them.

They all seem like horrible people, the wife, the mistress and of course, Donald.

why is the wife horrible?

Mind you that i don't agree with going after the mistress like that, since it's a petty act of revenge. but it's somewhat understandable if some of those funds she worked for or provided for.

but i doubt that of course :p

Pagusas

Elden Member
That makes no sense. If he gave his mistresses gifts then it should not have to be returned. The man knew what he was doing. I'm guessing the ex-wife must have pulled some favors.

When you are married it's not just your property to give, as the story states, she argued it was joint community property.

evanmisha

Your billionaire husband cheats on you, so you go after the mistress and force her from her home? How fucking vindictive do you have to be

bchamba

Mind you that i don't agree with going after the mistress like that, since it's a petty act of revenge. but it's somewhat understandable if some of those funds she worked for or provided for.

Shelly Sterling — who distanced herself from her spouse’s hate speech in a statement on Monday — was accused in a 2009 deposition related to a federal discrimination lawsuit against the Sterlings of saying that Latinos were filthy and that she had called one of her husband’s tenants a 'black motherf-----.'

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-racist-views-court-records-article-1.1774056

aly

Can't feel too sorry for the side chick. Oh well, guess she shouldn't have dated a married racist.

Xcellere

Your billionaire husband cheats on you, so you go after the mistress and force her from her home? How fucking vindictive do you have to be

The mistress destroyed their public image, so of course the wife is going to go Scorched Earth on her ass.

Alavard

Here's a few of the items that the wife got back

•$1.8 million — Spanish-style duplex

•$1.2 million — cash (total)

•$400,000 — cars (Ferrari, two Bentleys and Range Rover)

•$391 — Easter bunny costume

•$12 — lace thong

•$1 — donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital as part of a purchase at a CVS store.

That's not how married people work

married people aren't considered same family unit?

unless you are talking about genetics.

in which case, 2 people with a racist gene can still marry ;p

•$12 — lace thong

•$1 — donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital as part of a purchase at a CVS store.

why stop there, might as well have asked for the gum she chewed and spit on the street at that point.

bill0527

They weren't his gifts to give away. Its community property within the marriage. His wife has 1/2 ownership of the entire fortune and assets.

Goliath

You kind of answered your own question.

She is going after the mistress because he chose to invest money on another woman.

And this "Shelly Sterling got hold of a family trust by showing her husband had signs of Alzheimer's disease and negotiated a record $2 billion sale to ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Her husband failed to block the sale in court and has sued his wife and the NBA in federal court."

Like I said, she is all about the money.

joedan

They weren't his gifts to give away. Its community property within the marriage. His wife has 1/2 ownership of the entire fortune and assets.

Genuine question...Does this mean that in a marriage that one person is not allowed to spend or give away any kind of money without the other's permission?

Kinyou

Or perhaps not

With the NBA threatening to seize the team, Shelly Sterling got hold of a family trust by showing her husband had signs of Alzheimer's disease and negotiated a record $2 billion sale to ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
I wouldn't be surprised if she used a similar argument here.

All the money is in a family trust so technically it wasn't solely his money to spend. The wife is one of the controllers of the trust so she can ask for the money back... and did.

dvdjamm

v-stiviano.jpg

Dumbass

Here's a few of the items that the wife got back

•$1.8 million — Spanish-style duplex

•$1.2 million — cash (total)

•$400,000 — cars (Ferrari, two Bentleys and Range Rover)

•$12 — lace thong

To a man of Donald's weath this is like sending his girlfriend a birthday card with a crisp $20 inside?

Chunky

Everyone in this story seems terrible.

There's a reason communism doesn't work, but I almost wish it had succeeded when you see people like this fritter away millions of dollars on petty tripe while millions of people in their country waste away in poverty. It's disgusting.

pgtl_10

I think Shelly Sterling showed Donald was mentally incapable of running his affairs so she could sell the team and divorce him. It would be easier for her to divide $2 billion in cash then try to win the team from Donald in court. Sounds dirty if you ask me but Donald had it coming.

Edit: Didn't the wife act like a census taker so she can spy on Donald's tenants? She wanted to see what race the tenants were.

She's scum too.

see5harp

A couple million is a trifle for a billionaire but I don't see how Stiviano feels like any of the property or cars are hers. I mean is the deed for the property or pink slips have her name on them? Even if the Sterlings ended up getting a divorce, all that shit would be considered community property if Donald Sterling bought it during the marriage period.

ppor

Genuine question...Does this mean that in a marriage that one person is not allowed to spend or give away any kind of money without the other's permission?

If your wife gifted your joint rental property to her secret boytoy without your pemission, that's pretty serious gift we're talking.

Going after lace panties and bunny costumes though, lol that's just cold.

Xcellere

man, I would have kept my dopey ass shut and just rode out and kept getting stuff until he died.

This.

If she didn't try and gain fame from releasing the tapes, she'd have been cruising around in her Ferrari California as we speak with not a worry in the world.

_Ryo_

Okay, I understand when you're married everything is half and half but this makes no sense. They were gifts and she should only have to give half of the total price of the gifts back. Since the half that was Donald's was his to give, he did it willingly and intentionally.

bigkrev

shoulda signed that pre-nup

They got married when he was a freshman in College. He didn't have money then.

Okay, I understand when you're married everything is half and half but this makes no sense. They were gifts and she should only have to give half of the total price of the gifts back. Since the half that was Donald's was his to give, he did it willingly and intentionally.

Her argument is that he has Alzheimer's, and that he wasn't in mental condition to make financial decisions.

That doesn't do anything for the money made during the time that they have been married which in many cases is the bulk of their wealth.

They got married when he was a freshman in College. He didn't have money then.

Her argument is that he has Alzheimer's, and that he wasn't in mental condition to make financial decisions.

damn.

the alzheimer's thing is even more fucked up. that means she can negate every decision he made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom