• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal Launch Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Exoprimal launches July 14th! Will you and your squad be the prey, the predators, or something far more dangerous? It's up to you to decipher the mysteries behind dinosaur vortexes, stop the out -of-control AI Leviathan, and escape a series of never-ending wargames that repeatedly pulls Exofighters back to 4 years in the past. Good luck, Ace - you're gonna need it.​

Showcase:

Hot5pur

Strange that this is not a f2p game.
Also who has time for all these live service games???
Back when I was a teen with infinite free time I would have like 1 mp (cs, or cod) game and focused mostly on sp. Now it's like every game is a job. Some people went through Diablo in like 5 days and now complain there isn't enough content.
Like did we overload the younger generations with dopamine and leveling up that all they do is grind xp all day for cosmetics?
So many games have suffered from GaaS. It needs to go away and just give us more good singleplayer games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This looks like short-session self-aware videogamey fun. GamePass makes it a no-brainer.

Neolombax

I like mechs, I like dinosaurs, I like horde mode shooters, but in a world where Babylon's Fall exists, this makes me super skeptical. Jealous that this is on Gamepass, wish it was on PS Plus too. Would work wonders for the game I think.

Impressions I saw a while ago made this sound more MH-like with missions and story progression, as opposed to what I initially thought it was (just a straight multiplayer game)

kmubSlV.jpg

I still don't think I'd pay full price, but if the story itself/more-individual progression is like MH (which I did get the vibe from when briefly playing the beta) then I could why this isn't just totally F2P

I'll check it out likely when it goes on sale, I enjoyed what I briefly played

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So this is on Gamepass...

Oh well I guess for this Game... its a Pass...

I played the Betas and had to try REALLY hard to like it... but its just some shitty live service attempt.

Last edited:
They showing content planned for the next 3 seasons is a positive in my book. I'm not confident enough to buy it but I'll play through Game Pass. This might be a huge sleeper hit or Capcom's first flop in a while. This live service space is too saturated right now and that worries about this, even with a Game Pass launch.

I have gamepass and i'm not even going to bother wasting the couple of minutes it would take to download this nonsense on my gigabit connection.

Nothing i've seen of it makes it look any way appealing in the slightest. Another game that will be completely forgotten about within a month.

I enjoyed the beta. Indulge me for a moment, dear reader, as I take you on a trip to the early 10s...

Lost Planet 2 came out at a time I was choking for co-op games for me and my 2 buddies.
That game was unfairly maligned in reviews by "journalists" who blasted through easy mode alone
A game that truly lived or died based on the quality of those you played with, especially if you dared to challenge yourselves on higher difficulties. Various guns, mechs, equipment. Cool rewards for exploring like a 4 seater mech that destroyed everything. Mechs that could fly and use laser swords or giant rockets. Bosses that were so big you could climb inside them to destroy their internal organs! Different locales, including outer space!

Anyone who played through the planet re-entry via an asteroid field into a snowfield full of starship trooper-style bugs coming at you out of the heavy snowfall fell in love with the game. It was so tense one moment, and cathartic the next as you ride on a speeder bike to hijack a train with a big ass rail gun on it, looking like an idiot as you danced and struck super sentai poses via the emotes!

It was exactly the sort of thing I dreamed of playing back in the ps2 era, knowing online gaming was coming.
I don't think I've ever had a better online co-op experience in my life.

Now I see this; action game, with clever gimmicks and level design, and crazy set pieces, that I could play with friends.
The problem is, for everything that I like they've fucked something else.
This clearly should've been f2p. Game pass helps, and will be how I play it as I don't think it's worth £60 or whatever stupid price it is.
Co-op action! Short, linear levels with little to no exploration.
Loads of stuff to kill, but nothing else to do.

Yes, the D2 gambit-style gameplay is fun, but it should've been an alternate mode, not the main game.

If this game was like LP2, with big, linear yet explorable levels, and all the dinos to fight, it would be destined to become a cult classic. Instead, capcom are chasing a demo that will not touch this game, because they are playing f2p stuff like war zone, or co-op shooters like Destiny. It feels like a missed opportunity, and knowing me, I'll be one of like 20 people worldwide that enjoy it and want to play it. None of the other 19 people will be anyone I know,

Apologies for typos/spelling errors. I've written this on my tablet and never posted on Gaf from it before!

Last edited:
I enjoyed the beta. Indulge me for a moment, dear reader, as I take you on a trip to the early 10s...

Lost Planet 2 came out at a time I was choking for co-op games for me and my 2 buddies.
That game was unfairly maligned in reviews by "journalists" who blasted through easy mode alone
A game that truly lived or died based on the quality of those you played with, especially if you dared to challenge yourselves on higher difficulties. Various guns, mechs, equipment. Cool rewards for exploring like a 4 seater mech that destroyed everything. Mechs that could fly and use laser swords or giant rockets. Bosses that were so big you could climb inside them to destroy their internal organs! Different locales, including outer space!

Anyone who played through the planet re-entry via an asteroid field into a snowfield full of starship trooper-style bugs coming at you out of the heavy snowfall fell in love with the game. It was so tense one moment, and cathartic the next as you ride on a speeder bike to hijack a train with a big ass rail gun on it, looking like an idiot as you danced and struck super sentai poses via the emotes!

It was exactly the sort of thing I dreamed of playing back in the ps2 era, knowing online gaming was coming.
I don't think I've ever had a better online co-op experience in my life.

Now I see this; action game, with clever gimmicks and level design, and crazy set pieces, that I could play with friends.
The problem is, for everything that I like they've fucked something else.
This clearly should've been f2p. Game pass helps, and will be how I play it as I don't think it's worth £60 or whatever stupid price it is.
Co-op action! Short, linear levels with little to no exploration.
Loads of stuff to kill, but nothing else to do.

Yes, the D2 gambit-style gameplay is fun, but it should've been an alternate mode, not the main game.

If this game was like LP2, with big, linear yet explorable levels, and all the dinos to fight, it would be destined to become a cult classic. Instead, capcom are chasing a demo that will not touch this game, because they are playing f2p stuff like war zone, or co-op shooters like Destiny. It feels like a missed opportunity, and knowing me, I'll be one of like 20 people worldwide that enjoy it and want to play it. None of the other 19 people will be anyone I know,

Apologies for typos/spelling errors. I've written this on my tablet and never posted on Gaf from it before!
Yesterday the devs said they heard the community and made changes to those who want to choose PvE or PvP, enabling the choice to either of them. However, if you choose the intended random playlist you get a bonus amplifier for the progression system. The devs want players to engage in the PvEvP mixed mode because it is their intended vision for the game, but you got to commend them for delivering on the chance even before launch after they've heard the 2 betas feedback.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yesterday the devs said they heard the community and made changes to those who want to choose PvE or PvP, enabling the choice to either of them. However, if you choose the intended random playlist you get a bonus amplifier for the progression system. The devs want players to engage in the PvEvP mixed mode because it is their intended vision for the game, but you got to commend them for delivering on the chance even before launch after they've heard the 2 betas feedback.
Great news.

This would be kinda interesting if it was single player. But PvP? Yawn.

Edit: I see above me the mention of PvE. Could be cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom