• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explanation of the "Cross Com" feature in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter!!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=110&t=26700&st=0#entry288244

Here's a run down on the Cross Com feature, as it stands now, for the Xbox 360. The final version may vary.

Cross Com is a new feature for the Ghost Recon series that allows the player to communicate with other friendlies. It's a multi-window command interface that will be used to a high degree on the Xbox360. It will/may not appear in exactly the same form on current gen consoles, and the PC implementation is currently unknown.

Cross Com is good for outgoing and incoming messages and works on three levels.

The first level is for near comms. This is for communicating with your troops directly and issuing instructings. Your troops will reciprocate by relaying battlefiled updates to you through the Cross Com. You'll be able to call up an APC for example, jump in and direct him to your chosen location.

The second level is for using mid range devices like drones. Using cross com you'll be able to call up a drone, direct it to a hot spot and actually view the area, in real time on screen, while controlling the drones movements.

Sounds very cool

Mupepe

Banned
awesome, sounds like I might finally enjoy this game. The others had potential, but I couldn't get into them, this one sounds more like what I would enjoy.

IJoel

Kleegamefan said:
I am really looking forward to this game....

Imagine using cross com with Xbox Live!!!

It'd be really cool to feed some video in that manner to teammates when playing online to help describe certain situations and findings. It would certainly add a new dimension to strategy.

Top Bottom