• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 update September 13, 2023 rolls out globally with new accessibility, audio, and social feature enhancements.

DryvBy

I tried the Remote Play in some mountains and it worked perfect. I even played FF14. A+ on this working so we'll and not charging some dumb extra fee.

TheGrat1

Would be great if they allowed multi audio out so it can go through your controller headset and HDMI cable at the same time. Bluetooth audio would be great ,too.

Vroadstar

I LOVE that PS beep when I turn on my console. I'd hate for them to remove it in the PS6.
Same with me, I like the sound feedback when I turn the console on. Even if I'm not within eyesight, I know someone from home accidentally turned on the PS5 when I hear the beep.

njean777

Please someone explain to me what was the point of that sound in the first place? Some kind of engineer fetish? Some like feet but Playstation engineers like that awful sound when they stroke their console.
I must be the rare person that likes it. At least I know it has turned on lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
idk about this update. is it stable?
5uqE.gif

Soodanim

Gold Member
Remember the XMB? That OS was nice and clean.
Maybe I'm becoming an old grumpy fuck, but the current OS does not feel intuitive to use, functions are hidden in what feels like dozens of menus, and some menus are even hidden behind double-mapped buttons.

If you can't delete individual, unused system apps or features, I would at least like to see a "hide all the crap I'm not interested in" option (e.g. everything that has to do with multiplayer or community, store, offers and subscription services).
It feels to me more and more like booting a pc that distracts from the actual experience of playing a game with its dozens of little launcher programs, features and tools.
Well, the times when you turn on the console, put in the game and start playing without being distracted are probably over.
Relatively speaking XMB was quite clean, but Sony started the clutter there. Remember the FW update that made the default start spot a game/app they forced into everyone's system with no way of deleting? There was also the PSN store update that made it go from lean and clean to slow, flashy visuals that cluttered up the entire screen and made things more difficult to find.

skit_data

I turned on my PS5 today and forgot I had set the beep sound to low last session which immediately made me react "Oh fuck something inside is broken, noooooo!"
Setting it back to the standard loud af beep again. As god intended.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes it is quite strange we don't have this feature yet as PS4 had this implemented a year after it launched, with PS5 going into year 4 I'm fingers crossed hoping the next beta has it.
It's due to every game having their own wallpaper splash screen that devs utilize dynamically. I can't thing of a single place where you would see the wallpaper, other than a half a second when you switch from app to app.

I turned mine off for a day and then immediately turned it back on. Just doesn’t feel right without the beep.
I tried turning it off, didn't work for me either. I did put in on the quietest setting, however.

I do like the haptics addition to the dashboard navigation. They also put a lot of effort and nuance into each action.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It's due to every game having their own wallpaper splash screen that devs utilize dynamically. I can't thing of a single place where you would see the wallpaper, other than a half a second when you switch from app to app.

I tried turning it off, didn't work for me either. I did put in on the quietest setting, however.

I do like the haptics addition to the dashboard navigation. They also put a lot of effort and nuance into each action.
Medium beep is
Mad Men GIF

Famipan

Anyon else with LG C1 using the built in speakers (which supports Dolby Atmos) who could tell what they think of choosing Atmos over the other PS5 sound output settings?

I play Bloodborne with LG C1 48” with Cinema sound settings and 3D off but Atmos on. I have no idea which sounds best but it sounds good with Atmos and built in speakers I think.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Secondary assistance controller is really an awesome idea, so simple and obvious that you wonder why it hasn't be implemented before !
Instead of taking off the controller from someone, just do it in parallel, it's genius. The fact that it's a system wise feature is really is just awesome.

Really hope everyone will add it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom