• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook DOWN

Saiyan-Rox

accusing season 7 GIF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Something odd going on with Facebook. Perhaps a cybersecurity attack? Everyone nationwide was logged out and cant get back in. Don't attempt to log in just in case your password is being "recorded"
Same in Europe.

What’s odd is I don’t really miss it. Will be nice not to get distracted by instagram. Woo.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Yeah can't play anything on meta quest at all. We've been Mark Cuckerberged big time.
I've been considering upgrading my Oculus Quest to Meta Quest 3. It's crazy I cannot play my Steam VR games when Meta servers are down.

I hope Valve ends up releasing a wireless VR headset for PC sooner rather than later.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Bah...hope I don't lose some of my saved recipes from Instagram users.

If they come back, I'm getting those copied onto a word document and printed.

Jayjayhd34

Something odd going on with Facebook. Perhaps a cybersecurity attack? Everyone nationwide was logged out and cant get back in. Don't attempt to log in just in case your password is being "recorded"

I was not logged out the service seems pretty wierd at the moment. I can access my need feed but reels and searches will not work.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'm glad to hear it.I only use it as an album.

It doesn't affect me at all.

Women will be crazy, they will stop posting food photos, selfies and nonsense for a long time.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yeah can't play anything on meta quest at all. We've been Mark Cuckerberged big time.
Wait. Really? If Facebook goes down you can use the Quest? I thought they fixed that like 4 years ago.

daffyduck

Wait. Really? If Facebook goes down you can use the Quest? I thought they fixed that like 4 years ago.
If Meta goes down; and it’s an error they weren’t expecting, so hopefully they are patching it so it won’t happen at the next outage.

In this case, it was only if your Quest was connected to internet and logged in to Meta at the time it went down. Some were saying Steam link was still working, even if they had been logged in.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Me and my cousins and brother were making so many jokes about this earlier in group chat. Knowing so many boomers would be concerned about their accounts getting hacked. Downdetector did not disappoint.
I was seriously hoping for a minute, that social media was going to burn down completely and we would go back to being at least semi decent human beings, that at least kind of care about others… yet here we are 😞. Back to square one. (Side note, I’m 42 years old)

Last edited:
Top Bottom