• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Valve VR product news on Social Media.

Holammer

People are spreading fake news on social media of a new valve VR headset called Valveprism.
They even registered a site, so beware if it's an attack site and 'Valve' in the URL is spelled with an uppercase "i", so this smells dodgy.

GGU44zbXMAAa79G

Last edited:

Danknugz

don't understand why people get so hyped for on board VR graphics, it's such a limited low fi experience, the opposite of what VR should be. once the honeymoon period wears off people get bored fast cause the graphics are t immersive enough, it quickly becomes a cheap flimsy experience.

Bry0

People are spreading fake news on social media of a new valve VR headset called Valveprism.
They even registered a site, so beware if it's an attack site and 'Valve' in the URL is spelled with an uppercase "i", so this smells dodgy.

GGU44zbXMAAa79G
It’s a troll from some vr chat nerds, I can promise you that much.

MarkMe2525

don't understand why people get so hyped for on board VR graphics, it's such a limited low fi experience, the opposite of what VR should be. once the honeymoon period wears off people get bored fast cause the graphics are t immersive enough, it quickly becomes a cheap flimsy experience.
I don't agree. It doesn't take "high end graphics" for immersion in VR. If it runs smooth and mechanically sound, you can get lost in a game with N64 era graphics.

John Bilbo

I don't agree. It doesn't take "high end graphics" for immersion in VR. If it runs smooth and mechanically sound, you can get lost in a game with N64 era graphics.
This is correct. For immersion it is more important that the headset is comfortable to wear and the refresh rate of the screen is high enough.

Top Bottom