• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76: Summer Updates Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Introducing 76 Seasons - a new account-wide progression system that overhauls Challenges and helps you to earn lots of new rewards along the way! From the makers of Unstoppables Shindig, Blast Radius, and Catch the Commie comes Season 1 - “The Legendary Run” - a new way to experience irradiated West Virginia. Season 1 rewards and Public Teams are available now, with more coming later this Summer.

Trimesh

Banned
So is this actually worth playing now? I made the mistake of buying it at launch, and it honestly sucked donkey balls. You just know that a developer is fucking with you when about the only part of the game that works without glitches is the shop...

Tranquil

Played this a couple months ago, just did the vanilla fallout 76 main quest line and wastelanders main quest. I was trying to treat the game like a single player fallout experience as best I could. It was enjoyable.

I would prefer if I didn't have to hear a nuclear launch every 5 minutes but it wasn't bad.

CitizenX

Banned
While i think its one of the better exploration worlds for Fallout the game is an actual mess. Anytime you jump in the avg level is probably around 300 and there is absolutely no challenge once you reach 60. Everyone just runs through grinding out stuff i guess. The game needed a hard level cap IMO and the card system is trash. I still had a lot of fun, my most played game ever but its not very good.

VertigoOA

Banned
VertigoOA VertigoOA
Are you still playing Fallout 76? How have the summer updates been?

I’ll probably pick it up again for a week or two in September. I only dick around with it when I have nothing to chase in destiny.

Daily Ops sound nice. 3 rotating dungeons with rotating modifiers and enemies.

I’ll definitely be back by the time the Brotherhood of steel dlc expansion or whatever launches. All of this is just building to that.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Seasons killed it for me. The first few levels goes super fast, but when you're halfway through you can really feel they want you to spend atoms to level up.

Also they just nerfed all weapons by 75 percent.

I’ll probably pick it up again for a week or two in September. I only dick around with it when I have nothing to chase in destiny.

Daily Ops sound nice. 3 rotating dungeons with rotating modifiers and enemies.

I’ll definitely be back by the time the Brotherhood of steel dlc expansion or whatever launches. All of this is just building to that.
Thanks for the update. It's always nice to get the opinion of someone who actually plays the game. Hot-takes are easy to come by, for Fallout 76.

Seasons killed it for me. The first few levels goes super fast, but when you're halfway through you can really feel they want you to spend atoms to level up.

Also they just nerfed all weapons by 75 percent.
What? That sounds bad.

lpking2005

Neo Member
I play this game on a daily basis and absolutely love the game.
Even with all the constant issues, i still keep coming back to it.
Something about the world and the community that draws me in.

If this game was running perfect in possibly a different engine, it would be one of the best games ever.
The potential of the game is huge but the engine is only just coping with what their doing now.

Bethesda need to stop being lazy, dig deep into their wallets and either build a new engine or use an existing one.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I play this game on a daily basis and absolutely love the game.
Even with all the constant issues, i still keep coming back to it.
Something about the world and the community that draws me in.

If this game was running perfect in possibly a different engine, it would be one of the best games ever.
The potential of the game is huge but the engine is only just coping with what their doing now.

Bethesda need to stop being lazy, dig deep into their wallets and either build a new engine or use an existing one.
UE4 would work and would be a hell of a lot better, it even has mod support.

VertigoOA

Banned
Yea, they’re working on nerfing all player damage output.

Destiny did that last fall In its own way. Allows for rebalancing and dealing with power creep. It’s often necessary to create or reintroduce challenge and deal with broken builds.

With fallout 76 they apparently made damage stacking bonuses additive vs what it was which was multiplicative. Pretty sure there’s some unintended nerfs along with it but it’s nice to see they’re working on such things.

Game is obviously successful. It’s doing better than all it’s competitors not Destiny. Support is there.

I still think it needs a comprehensive gunplay and movement revamp however.

Every time I see an update on Fallout 76, I hope it's an offline single-player mode. I just have to accept this game is not the game for me.

I hope the people who enjoy Fallout 76, continue to enjoy it, and whatever these updates bring are the things that community wants.

Top Bottom