• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76, Which Has Reached 17 Million People, Is Getting Lots More Content In 2024

havoc00

Bethesda's Fallout 76 may not have debuted to a fantastic critical reception back in 2018, but the developer has steadily supported and expanded upon the game over the years. To date, it's reached more than 17 million people, so it's not a big surprise to learn that Bethesda is planning even more updates to the online RPG for 2024.

In a blog post, developer Jon Rush said, "We're not done yet." In Spring 2024, Bethesda will launch another update, Atlantic City -- America's Playground, which features a new mission. Players will take on the Jersey Devil in a main mission and dig into other story-driven quests and reach new areas of the world to explore and earn rewards.

Later in 2024, Bethesda will add new locations to the map in the south, into the Shenandoah woodlands. "This uncharted, once-tranquil expanse in the heart of Virginia will bring a new questline, factions, and rewards," Bethesda said.

Additionally, 2024 will see Bethesda do more with Fallout 76's seasonal events. These will be run more frequently than before and they will each have new rewards to collect.

"Among all this exciting new content, we're planning to release several additional features and improvements that benefit our avid builders and adventurers alike," Bethesda said. "Whether you've roamed Appalachia's wilds since day one or are still adjusting to the natural light outside the fluorescent halls of Vault 76, next year marks an exciting time to adventure into Fallout 76 and make friends in Wasteland."

How does he keep winning?

3921.jpg

Ribi

Played this hot garbage on launch and one my friend and I found out there was never going to be actual NPCs and it was a bunch of recordings we ditched this POS. Yes they came back and updated it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can only say . WHY THE FUCK DID IT RELEASE IN THAT GARBAGE ASS STATE TODD.

Last edited:

havoc00

Played this hot garbage on launch and one my friend and I found out there was never going to be actual NPXs and it was a bunch of recordings we ditched this POS. Yes they came back and updated it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can only say . WHY THE FUCK DID IT RELEASE IN THAT GARBAGE ASS STATE TODD.
My friend pre ordered this and still bitches about it till this day, he also refuses to reinstall it and see the new content

Roberts

I keep returning to the game once a year or so and it's pretty cool to see how it evolves into something better each time. Obviously, I could have been a banger from the very start but it is what it is.

Ribi

My friend pre ordered this and still bitches about it till this day, he also refuses to reinstall it and see the new content
Yup that's the same boat my friend and I are in. We even got the preorder down to like $36 at the time.

Zathalus

Steam reviews scores are almost at 80% so it seems to be one of those redemption arc games like Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, and Sea of Thieves.

Techies

Almost refunded it the other day, because the game just crashed randomly when I tried starting new game. After a fresh download of it.

Apparently you must verify game files. If they an fix that. Then it's a pretty solid decent looking game that runs solid on modern pc systems.

Having it randomly crash back to desktop was not a good first impression though.

Last edited:
Its a fun casual chill game. I would not call it a real fallout game though, to much lore inconsistencies. Think of it as an alternate universe spin off. For me its like fallout 3 tranquility lane, a simulation, none of the vault residence are released, just a big simulation.
the tv show already has lore f'd up

Last edited:

Tarnished

Played this hot garbage on launch and one my friend and I found out there was never going to be actual NPCs and it was a bunch of recordings we ditched this POS. Yes they came back and updated it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can only say . WHY THE FUCK DID IT RELEASE IN THAT GARBAGE ASS STATE TODD.

The tapes were bugged and didn't play properly as well at launch, so I had no idea what was going on. I finished the campaign and bailed out immediately after. The Fallout universe is so cool, but they fucked it up royally.

Top Bottom