• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Instincts XBOX-exclusive

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I don't see how the PS2 could even deal with this sort of game. It's a resource hog on the PC.

I realize it's actually a different game, but I figure it shouldn't be too far off in scope as the PC game was.

olimario

Banned
It looked pretty demanding technically and I doubt PS2 owners will really miss this.
There seems to be one last round of FPS titles hitting the XBOX this year before the 360 launched.

HL2, PainKiller, Far Cry, Rainbow Six Lockdown

COCKLES

being watched
Xbox - THE console for FPSer action. :D

Ubi have done a great job with the graphics, hopefully the frame-rate will hold up.

FiRez

COCKLES said:
Xbox - THE console for FPSer action. :D

Ubi have done a great job with the graphics, hopefully the frame-rate will hold up.

:D , yes I still have a TNT2 PRO in my computer.

I'm sorry, but the main character in Instincts just looks stupid...It was funny in Far Cry, but they went a little too far for Instincts.

Instincts is not a port of the PC game. It's a sequel that takes place after the dude escapes the islands. In this game is infected with the virus and can use the trigen like abilities.

The good thing about this game is that I haven't seen any trigens yet! I hope they aren’t in the game at all cause trigens ruined far cry.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Wario64 said:
I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE

The first time I heard that I thought the developers were trying to be "tongue-in-cheek", but then as the game progressed, I realized that they weren't.

Thank god. It would never been able to have done the game justice so id rather they just put all the resources into the Xbox version.

Mrbob

I liked Farcry. Nice game. I may have to pick up Instincts if it is a semi sequel of sorts. Trigens did bring Farcry down a little. It was cool at first but then...meh.

_Angelus_

Banned
olimario said:
It looked pretty demanding technically and I doubt PS2 owners will really miss this.
There seems to be one last round of FPS titles hitting the XBOX this year before the 360 launched.

HL2, PainKiller, Far Cry, Rainbow Six Lockdown

Don't forget Serious Sam 2,the latest video of the game at IGN looks awesome. The same goes for Far Cry,based on what the videos show they cleaned up the frame rate a whole lot.

cruisebearjizz2.gif

:lol :lol :lol

I believe when it was originally announced, the Crytek Engine was first running on the GameCube before the Xbox or PlayStation 2. But now they built a new engine I think.

Top Bottom