• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket

g.r.e.

x14lEzj.png
Lady luck has smiled upon me, at last! Ozzy and reverse pirate duo, welcome on board!

Looks like I can't set assassin Scáha as a support character because she's still a loaner.

Her skills also seem pretty lame. She's sort of like a bad Shiki but with a quick AoE NP. At NP level 1 the damage is pretty underwhelming too so I could see her working better with Atalanta, Lancer Scaha, Waver (but that goes for anyone) or really anyone who has an attack or quick buff.

I tend to really dislike servants who can't buff their own NP card.

E: nvm, her third skill (invul break) also has a quick up. That's the one to level up I suppose.

muu

Started this earlier in the month after hearing about the free 10 pull and gradually wearing tired of Granblue. I'm at lv44? now w/ DaVinci and Jack as the only 5-stars. At this point I can do the lowest tier AP40 quests, with how sparse the limit break items seem to be I'm not sure I can get much farther during this event. What'd be a good thing to concentrate on? Is it worth trying for the 5-star prizes?

Started this earlier in the month after hearing about the free 10 pull and gradually wearing tired of Granblue. I'm at lv44? now w/ DaVinci and Jack as the only 5-stars. At this point I can do the lowest tier AP40 quests, with how sparse the limit break items seem to be I'm not sure I can get much farther during this event. What'd be a good thing to concentrate on? Is it worth trying for the 5-star prizes?

The event goes on for so long that you should be able to get the event servant. The 5* event CE, once limit broken, is pretty standard but a good addition if you're still building a collection of CEs. Still, it's not particularly worth working for in my opinion.

This event is going to run the rest of the month so I'd say to work towards getting the event servant maxed out with NP5 and all the ascension items. Like EvilKatarn said, don't bother working for the CE because it isn't that incredible. Right now, the main thing you want to build up is a good pool of high tier servants, and summer scat, while not amazing, still seems fairly good to use. (Assassin class also have only one or two others with AOE NP, which allows her to fill a niche for her class.)

So, the dataminers have done their work. Assassin Scaha's third skill at level 10 (which I already reached too lol) has a 50% quick boost. From NP1 to NP5 the NP damage goes from 600% to 1000% and at 500% overcharge the instant kill rate is 70%.

I want to start fiddling around with instant kill more. Sadly I remember trying to stack the instant kill resistance lowering skill of Saber Shiki and Assassin Shiki and it not being possible. I wonder if the same would happen to Nitocris' and Hassan of Serenity's respective skills.

Too bad Lancer and Assassin Scaha have no IK related skills.

Managed to beat the second part from start to finish at work today lol.

At 90% quick boost (50% from herself, 40% from Atalanta) her NP did 40k damage to a Saber. Seems pretty sick for a 4* AOE. Considering taking her and Shiki up to 90 now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
W00t! Yolo Rolled a Archer Arturia. Didn't see the rainbow sparks but I did notice the golden archer card and got super excited.

I'm hoping this means there'll be a Honnouji rerun at some point where I can try my luck for Okita again.

Would be nice. Nobu is the only poverty servant I didn't get the ascension mats for. Although new events focused on high level content would be preferred. Going through the easy quests in every new event is awful.

Lockon

Anyone buying Scathach figure? Even though I'm not playing this anymore because it is too grindy (and not in English), I'm very tempted to get the figure. There also Alter Saber figure but I'm not interested (also more expensive).

kayos90

Did a shit ton of yolo rolls over the past week. Finally got one just now after seeing the rainbow circles. Thought it'd be a different SSR but... got it. Whew. NP2 Alter Jeanne. Woot.

Best part of this Halloween rerun? I can finally max out Halloween Princess.

It's pretty crazy to look back on the past year. I was struggling through this event last time, but now I'm just steamrolling through everything.

Been a while since this thread saw any activity, but I thought this would be a fun bit of news to share. Most people here probably already know that FGO has been doing Sony's music segment a real solid for the past year; almost every 2016 financial report has had a mention of it's continued strong performance. Seems like Bloomberg caught on to that.

Of course, it's a fluff piece (FGO/Pokemon Go consistently ranks high, but aren't quite the top grossing mobile titles in Japan) and the comparison is not particularly apt (FGO being a niche, ultra-targeted game, compared to the wide net that PGo casts) but I did find it amusing that it caught the interest of a mainstream news site like Bloomberg.

kayos90

Had 80 rolls and I got a ton of gold summon circles but no Merlin. Then my last 10 roll and I finally got him. My gosh. Was sweating there for a sec.

After like a billion years of ignoring Android 7.1

FGO finally supports my Pixel

just in time to miss out on all those quartz bonuses I need for Merlin

EDIT: Alright, managed to not be salty! I got a bunch of new 4-stars and Merlin.

All 200 of my quartz and no Merlin, sigh.

Rushing through Babylon now, but man, this is going slowly. I'm seriously wondering if I can make it in time to join the fun at Solomon's Temple.

Rolled 30 quartz and 10 tickets for Merlin. Got Waver instead.

While I vastly prefer Merlin's skills and aesthetics I can't bring myself to whine about getting a top tier 5*.

Strimei

Kind of big Nasu-verse spoiler in general form this final battle thing:

So it seems Fou, the little fluffball, is fucking PRIMATE MURDER. Jesus H Christ.

Strimei

really makes you wonder what kind of person altrouge is like

I hope we find out someday. With how much Fate stuff is coming out next year, Tsukihime is really getting shelved, it seems. Though I suppose its possible for some of it to show up in Grand Order like this revelation.

A cat person, apparently. Like her sister.

Heh, NekoArc, forgot.

Anyway seems the next thing is called sort of intermission called Epic of Remnant. People are already theorizing about the identities of those shown.
The guy with guns may be EMIYA Alter. Notice that each of his pistols has one of EMIYA's swords on it.

Danj

Man, I kind of really enjoyed that First Order anime. Hopefully they make more.

Just watched it and honestly I'm a bit disappointed, it doesn't seem like it's up to the same standard as Fate/Zero or Fate/UBW. I'll still watch more though to see where it goes.

King Hassan is coming. Your wallets are not ready.

Also managed to snag Sensei, but now I have like a dozen 5 stars that I don't have the QP to use.

kayos90

I like that King Hassan is a buster assassin but his kit is very underwhelming as are his stats. Idk...

Deosier

I have 5 tickets and one 10 roll. I hope my mana is at it's peak outside of the normal time for this one because my wallet is not ready.

EDIT: Got Lancer Liz and Rama. I'ma just lay down now.

Top Bottom