• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Here's another good moment.

kaibaslegsaretiredwtqqv.png

Does anyone know if the dub of Dark Side of Dimensions retains the music of the original japanese release? Or did they decide to throw out all the music like they did with the dub of the show?

I heard a preview of the OST from the japanese release and it's going to rock my fucking boat if the music got canned.

I saw the dubbed movie, and it sounds like they might've replaced some music, like Domino City and Kaiba's theme for example. Kaiba's theme is his "hacker" theme used in the 4Kids dub.

I really enjoyed the movie and really encourage others to watch it! Kaiba basically stole the movie. It's like a 4Kids dub with no censorship, and it's fantastic.

Zen Aku

Remember when Kaiba was being a little bitch and threatened to jump off the cliff if he didn't win against Yugi?

I know Mokuba life was on the line. just kidding.

Fav moments are mostly in the first arc, mainly the first Kaiba v Yugi dual, Joey getting the Red Eyes Black Dragon (my fav card), first Bakura shadow realm duel, Kaiba v Joey (that Blue Eyes x Red Eyes hype!) and Joey v Yugi semi-final. The Battle City arc also had great duels, pretty much loved all of Joey's duels and any time the God cards were in play, didn't like the final Marik v Yugi, too much shenanigans going on for too long. The final Atem v Yugi tho, one of the greats!

Oh man all this Yugioh talk has got me hyped for the movie but unfortunately I really wanna see it with the OG Mexican Dub and so far there's been no announcement yet :(

Gin-Shiio

When Yugi lit that fugitive on fire with vodka
When Yugi killed a guy after playing ice hockey with him on an okonomiyaki grill with a puck made of ice that had a bomb in the center
When Yugi punished a pervy TV producer by making him see the TV test pattern screens for the rest of his life

giphy.gif

I saw the dubbed movie, and it sounds like they might've replaced some music, like Domino City and Kaiba's theme for example. Kaiba's theme is his "hacker" theme used in the 4Kids dub.

I really enjoyed the movie and really encourage others to watch it! Kaiba basically stole the movie. It's like a 4Kids dub with no censorship, and it's fantastic.

All the impressions I hear of the dub are good things so I'm glad for that at least.
However since I watched the japanese version primarily I have great affection for the original music so I'm going to be really sad not to hear it.

I have to get my hands on the japanese bluray as soon as it comes out.

DOOyaR2.jpg

Hydrus

Watching the Kaiba vs Yugi battle city duel. So damn good! On part three and neither can destroy each others God cards. This is now my favorite duel.

Usobuko

Banned
Kinda makes me wanna watch YGO.

I watch all the way till 5d end and zexal just puts me off. 5D was actually good for what it's worth, second best behind original.

The duel on the docks (Yugi vs Jonouchi) is probably my favorite.

Yugi vs Kaiba in Duelist Kingdom is runner-up.

In general though I always thought Jonouchi had the better duels. I like the gambling theme and it's more fun to root for an underdog always having to prove himself, unlike Yugi who starts the series as the best and always wins.

Does anyone know if the dub of Dark Side of Dimensions retains the music of the original japanese release? Or did they decide to throw out all the music like they did with the dub of the show?

I heard a preview of the OST from the japanese release and it's going to rock my fucking boat if the music got canned.
It sounds like the dub replaces the music.

I must say though the voice direction is much better than it was in the TV show based on the clips that have come out. Tea's voice sounds much cuter, it was obnoxious in the show (it's the same actor too).

Waking the dragons was trash but when the pharao loses his temper and uses the seal of orichalcum is quite a good moment, specially because he loses in the end.

KillerBEA

Manga (Season 0) Yami was the best.

Love (and hate) the fact that both Joey and Mai technically beat Marik, but the plot armor bullshit that Marik had to duel Yugi saved him twice.

I love most of Joey's duels, can rewatch his duels endlessly.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Joey losing to Marik on a technicality was karmic justice - remember that he only got through the QF because his opponent (who was absolutely schooling him) went comatose mid-match.

Fj0823

Kinda makes me wanna watch YGO.

I watch all the way till 5d end and zexal just puts me off. 5D was actually good for what it's worth, second best behind original.

Skip Zexal. Its worse than it looks.

Watch Arc-V. It's just as good as 5D's

SalvaPot

It has to be Joey vs Marik. Holy shit that fight just took the breath out of me at every turn, and the ending was just perfect.

u3bYmS.gif

From the very beginning everyone was expecting Marik to win, the bad guys know, the good guys now, even the audience go. Also the conditions for the battles are straight Savage. Joey takes a looot of punishment in this one and Marik is making a stand as the top evil. But somehow Joey manages to win the battle, yet he was so spend he is knocked unconscious and loses by forfeit. Damn the feels.

vlcsnap-2014-01-04-10h41m41s219.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom