• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII Advent Children regular extras listed

duckroll

http://www.7dream.com/product.asp?p=0410214

Retailers are listing the extras for the DVD to include the following:

- Final Fantasy VII Digest / 30mins (unconfirmed) (A digest edited movie version of the event scenes from the previous game Final Fantasy VII)
- FF7AC Official Trailer / 2mins
- Compilation of Final Fantasy VII Trailer / 10mins (unconfirmed) (Trailer of all related FFVII products)
- More details yet to be confirmed

Also the specs of the disc itself are:

Video track - 16:9 LB
Audio tracks - Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo (Dolby Pro-Logic II)

Distributed by Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Note that this is still the REGULAR version of the movie in Japan, not the Limited Edition which will be running for a higher cost. The details of the LE have not been announced but should be announced some time this month.

Andy787

Banned
I want to see the boxart and packaging, especially for the LE. I hope we get a regular and LE version in the US. If they release a bundle of the DVD and UMD release over here, I will probably pick it up.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
*cough cough*
http://lx02.www.tsutaya.co.jp/shopping/marugoto/index.pl?pg_id=1488

LE costs 29500 yen and includes:
Cloud + Fenrir bike figure set
Special DVD including making of and OVA etc
Scene replica
Cap
T-shirt
Key holder (with serial number)
FF7 PS soft with special picture labels

Screw you SE. I knew they would try to milk the FF fans dry, but I only expected a $100-140 LE.

Almost $300 for a CG movie and some goodies!? No thank you, I'm not an idiot.

So is this the Cloud figure you get?

Cloud_Figurine_Bike.jpg

Cloud_Figurine.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm not buying this, I'm not buying this, I'm not buying this, I'm not buying this

;_;

duckroll

Ok duckroll is here to save the day and break the LE contents down one by one so everyone can decide if they want to spend 300 USD on a 97min FFVII CG movie sequel. :D

Cloud + Fenrir bike figure set

This is very likely the one shown above with awesome detail and design. Looks good, but you gotta ask yourselves for the price you're paying.... where are the 8 swords and does the bike need fuel! :lol

Special DVD including making of and OVA etc

The making of is likely to be just a bunch of interviews with Kitase, Nomura and gang. What would interest me personally the most would be if the DVD also contains storyboards and comparisons, wireframe scenes, etc. Technical stuff on such a project would make the DVD that much more worthwhile. Also, they don't clarify what OVA is, so it means that either there are special short scenes done for this as bloopers and what not, or they're throwing in the FFV anime OVA in here! Haha!

Scene replica

This is engrish speak for "a reproduction of the complete movie script". Should be cool for those of us who know Japanese, for the rest I doubt they're throwing in the English one... although for 300 USD... who knows. :D

Cap
T-shirt

Ebay fodder. I doubt anyone will want to go out wearing a cap and T-shirt that pretty much says "I'm such a FFVII geekfan I sent 300 USD on a 97min movie!".

Key holder (with serial number)

If they want a sale from me this better be fucking cool. I can't explain it but I'm a sucker for awesome keychains. I'm STILL using the Vector keychain from XS Ep1 from 4 years back. If this is kickass and I do buy the LE, it might just replace it.

FF7 PS soft with special picture labels

I bet the special picture labels are going to be new Nomura artwork, the game itself is likely to be completely unaltered from the original version, although if you actually play it I wonder if the ending will be replaced by a video of Nomura laughing in your face going "Hey you *do* know that the remake is coming out on the PS3 right.... right?!".

Dead

well not really...yet
duckroll said:
Ok duckroll is here to save the day and break the LE contents down one by one so everyone can decide if they want to spend 300 USD on a 97min FFVII CG movie sequel. :D

This is very likely the one shown above with awesome detail and design. Looks good, but you gotta ask yourselves for the price you're paying.... where are the 8 swords and does the bike need fuel! :lol

The making of is likely to be just a bunch of interviews with Kitase, Nomura and gang. What would interest me personally the most would be if the DVD also contains storyboards and comparisons, wireframe scenes, etc. Technical stuff on such a project would make the DVD that much more worthwhile. Also, they don't clarify what OVA is, so it means that either there are special short scenes done for this as bloopers and what not, or they're throwing in the FFV anime OVA in here! Haha!

This is engrish speak for "a reproduction of the complete movie script". Should be cool for those of us who know Japanese, for the rest I doubt they're throwing in the English one... although for 300 USD... who knows. :D

Ebay fodder. I doubt anyone will want to go out wearing a cap and T-shirt that pretty much says "I'm such a FFVII geekfan I sent 300 USD on a 97min movie!".

If they want a sale from me this better be fucking cool. I can't explain it but I'm a sucker for awesome keychains. I'm STILL using the Vector keychain from XS Ep1 from 4 years back. If this is kickass and I do buy the LE, it might just replace it.

I bet the special picture labels are going to be new Nomura artwork, the game itself is likely to be completely unaltered from the original version, although if you actually play it I wonder if the ending will be replaced by a video of Nomura laughing in your face going "Hey you *do* know that the remake is coming out on the PS3 right.... right?!".

yes but what will the box look like :lol

Troidal

29500yen? Riiiiight...I dont think this will be ebay material right here.

I'm so out of the hype with this movie already...how long did they make us wait? Good lord.

kiryogi

Banned
Yea.. okay.. I'm taking back everything I said about getting the LE, regular's just fine. fuck paying 300$ :/

duckroll

Let's see if there's any way we can justify the price of this LE...

FFVII Advent Children DVD - 4800yen (retail price)
Cloud and Fenrir figure set - 12000yen (guesstimate of value)
Bonus DVD = 2500yen (guesstimate of value)
Script book = 2000yen (based on general value of comparable voice recording script replicas)
T-Shirt = 3500yen (based on retail price of the FFVIIAC Cloud T-shirt available at Square Enix's online store)
Cap = 2000yen (based on general value of caps sold in Japan)
Keychain = 1500yen (based on retail price of the FFVIIAC Cloud Strap/keychain available at Square Enix's online store)
FFVII International = 5000yen (guesstimate based on perceived fan value of this version in comparison with the retail price of the PSOne Books version)

Total estimated perceived value = 33300yen
Actual retail price = 29500yen

Edit: Breaking news! Contents of Bonus DVD revealed!

- OVA "Last Order Final Fantasy VII"
- Making of Special
- "FFVII Advent Children" - Venice Film Festival Cut
- Complete trailer collection of "FFVII Advent Children"

Bumping value of DVD up to 2500yen.

Edit2: Breaking new! FFVII International version to be the "Special Limited Edition Version including Special Picture Labels"!

Bumping value of FFVII up to 2500yen at least.

Edit3: What the hell. Square Enix is cashing in on the franchise and pushing FFVII International PSOne Books again. I guess the version in the FFVIIAC LE is thus differentiated by being the "limited edition" then. Haha.

http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/item/game/gp_ks00000001.zhtml?pdid=30002059&srkbn=S

3675yen, damn time to edit the "value" of the one in FFVIIAC to 5000yen.

duckroll

Ok based on the new tally of perceived value, I think that buying this for retail price (or discounted price if you live in Japan) and then stripping it for eBay/Yahoo Auctions might actually net you a decent profit of 50-150 USD depending on how successful the release is and how fast you are in stripping and listing the contents. :D

duckroll

jp050615-02.jpg

jp050615-03.jpg
jp050615-01.jpg

The Cloud and Fenrir figure set does look like the one shown above, the cap and keychain looks kinda shitty, and it's now confirmed that LAST ORDER FINAL FANTASY VII is a short anime OVA featuring Zack. Can anyone who was at E3 confirm if those 2 shots are from the same animation trailer they showed for Crisis Core? Thanks!

Danj

I just realised that I don't have the PSX version of FF7, only the (crappy) PC one (which doesn't work properly with XP for me even with the third party patch). Is FF7 PSX still for sale anywhere or is it a case of L@@K R@R3 OOP sky-high-min-bid ebay sales? (Btw, I'm in the UK, so if you suggest an online store, it needs to be one that'll ship games to the UK).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Danj said:
I just realised that I don't have the PSX version of FF7, only the (crappy) PC one (which doesn't work properly with XP even with the third party patch). Is FF7 PSX still for sale anywhere or is it a case of L@@K R@R3 OOP sky-high-min-bid ebay sales? (Btw, I'm in the UK, so if you suggest an online store, it needs to be one that'll ship games to the UK).
You probably didn't apply the patch properly. It works fine on my computer.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hey Duckroll.. can you run how much the LE editon is by me again please!

ronito

duckroll said:
it's now confirmed that LAST ORDER FINAL FANTASY VII is a short anime OVA featuring Zack.

Oh good gosh man! ANOTHER FFVII spin-off? I mean how many do we need? One of the things I used to love about Final Fantasies were that they were each a little universe and when it was over it was over. Why does SquarEnix insist on destroying that? I mean it would be silly to have "A Tale of Three Cities." They should've just left FFVII alone. Always leave them wanting more....but I'm going to watch Advent Children anyway. I'm such a hypocrite.
:D

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Wow Square is either giving the UMD format the middle finger or... or... hell I don't know...

Bebpo

Banned
If I'm reading the Square-Enix party info right, it says they will be showing the completed movie for the first time ever to show-goers in the theater there.

So at least they'll give people a chance to see it first and decide if they want to blow $300 on the dvd or not; not too evil.

Senretsu

thank god i'm not as much of a FF7 fanboy as I used to be. I'd probably drop the $300 like it was nothing for this and not feel the slightest bit guilty. I still can't help it but say that model looks cool.

duckroll

Now with clear pictures! :lol

t_bike.jpg

Cloud + Fenrir Bike Figure set

t_book.jpg

Voice recording complete script replica

t_cap.jpg

Cap

t_t.jpg

T-Shirt

t_key.jpg

Keychain with serial number

t_ova.jpg

Bonus DVD including the anime OVA "Last Order Final Fantasy VII"

Jonnyram

I think this is quite a bit cheaper to pre-order at places like Tsutaya. I saw some slips today, but didn't bother. The wearable extras like t-shirt and cap look horrible.

duckroll

Last Order is confirmed as a 30min long animated OVA taking place before FFVII. It has the Turks in it and also features the Nephilim incident so I'm guessing that its a very expanded combination of the Before Crisis trailer and the Crisis Core trailer. Also, it might cover all the major events of Before Crisis for players who don't have cellphones. :D

vj0620-01.jpg

vj0620-02.jpg

vj0620-03.jpg

Top Bottom