• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Blog |OT| Your full guide to the all-new PlayStation Plus

And ladies and gentlemen this is why people are in debt....

"You'd have to be insane to pay $120 a year instead of JUST $18 every month!"
Thats if you know you will use every month. If you are testing the waters why spend that. Just get it for a month or two and drop it. If you really like it after the test phase then drop down for the year.

Swift_Star

Banned
And ladies and gentlemen this is why people are in debt....

"You'd have to be insane to pay $120 a year instead of JUST $18 every month!"
The thing about kingfey… is that he ignores statistics. Mature subscription services have at least 50% of their userbase subscribing to it annually. This is easily found on google btw.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The thing about kingfey… is that he ignores statistics. Mature subscription services have at least 50% of their userbase subscribing to it annually. This is easily found on google btw.
Yep, I do annually and stack with the cheap CDKeys deals and also buy them for friends in bunches when they drop.

Not that I wouldn’t pay full price yearly on PSN, it’s just these deals can be had usually twice a year or so between CDKeys or the like.

Will there be psplus extra or premium cards on sale later on. Its the only way I can sub to my us account by buying cards/codes from digital resellers.

T-Cake

Have we had any news out of Japan to see what offerings they’re getting? Their change over should be happening anytime now.

Jesus Christ they’ve still not uploaded PS2 games. I’m starating to get worried.

The classics part of this offering, the most expensive tier, is really god awful.

Reactions: pab

ranmafan

Haven’t had a chance to play around with the new plus yet in Japan here since I’m at work, but the list of games really has me excited. However I have two complaints. One, the list of ps1 and ps2 games is really really low. I was expecting more than that. And two, looks as if that annoying and strange so called anti consumer law here that supposedly is the reason most ps4 to ps5 “free” upgrades cost ¥100 yen in Japan is going to effect the alacarte purchases of games you bought before in Japan as it’s listed that they will cost ¥100 too. Just noticed Jumping Flash has a ¥100 price listed on my app as well. I really really have hated that annoying pricing thing on Ps5 upgrades and now to see it hit classics as well is infuriating

NewYork214

When is this switch happening? 3am est? My basic plus subscription ran out yesterday. Have few years of Now ready to convert. Excited.

Also surprised sony hasn't really advertised or pushed much info since they did the updated blog post with the few games that would be included.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
When is this switch happening? 3am est? My basic plus subscription ran out yesterday. Have few years of Now ready to convert. Excited.

Also surprised sony hasn't really advertised or pushed much info since they did the updated blog post with the few games that would be included.
Expect more marketing today.

ElCasual

Sony dont say anything about tomorrow. Wich Is the oficial line up? The clasic games will be at the shitty 50 fps?

Cyborg

Can anyone explain to me:

- I have PS+ till November and I want to upgrade to Extra. Will I pay add-on fee till November or just regular fee of Extra for one year?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I got the email a week or so ago for the PS5 Direct queue. I had read that if you had PS+, you wouldn't get charged $19 shipping if you got a PS5. In the case that I would end up with a PS5, I redeemed a month of PS+ for $9. I think I fucked up, because I had a year of PSNow from when I signed up in February, and it was suppose to convert to PS+ Premium and remain the $60 until I cancelled or renewed, but now both the 1-month PS+ and 12-month PSNow have changed their renewal dates to February 2023, and the price of the PS+ changed to $60, so $120 total. So I paid $9 for nothing since I didn't get a PS5(the timer counted down to 6min, then counted back up to an hour. When I got in everything was sold out), and they do the PS+ Premium date from oldest sub and don't add on the extra month. Also, I might have lost another $60 from the combined 1yr renewal at $60/each. I tried cancelling the PS+ a week ago a few times and they wouldn't let me. Oh well, I'll just cancel after Feb 2023 and think of it as $69 for a year of PS+ Premium.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony dont say anything about tomorrow. Wich Is the oficial line up? The clasic games will be at the shitty 50 fps?
lol maybe wait for 10 hours for the official announcement of the game list? We already know most of the lineup anyway; it's on their official website.

Also, classic games have been confirmed at 60 FPS.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
They’ve removed the following games from Now today;
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Sly Collection
  • Sly 4
  • Uncharted 1
  • Uncharted 2
  • Uncharted 3
  • Killzone 1
  • Killzone 2
  • Killzone 3

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

Last edited:
They’ve removed the following games from Now today;
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Sly Collection
  • Sly 4
  • Uncharted 1
  • Uncharted 2
  • Uncharted 3
  • Killzone 1
  • Killzone 2
  • Killzone 3

Confused Liam Neeson GIF
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 it's inside the Uncharted Collection.
The other ones is...weird.

tmlDan

man, this is hard to navigate, there are so many damn games.

Looks like the games trials right now are:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
- WWE 2K22
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection
- Hot Wheels Unleashed
- Biomutant
- Farming Sim
- Lego City Undercover?
- MotoGP 22
- Elex 2
- Crusader Kings 3
- The Cruel King and the Great Hero

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Looks like they're still doing the switch over, in Subscriptions Management they changed, but they still say 'Upcoming Plan Change: PS+ Premium'...
XEwW7za.jpg

The PSNow PC app uninstalled and installed a new iteration called PlayStation Plus. The app runs, but says can't connect to PlayStation Network since they're still switching things over. You can see the games, though. It's pretty much the same, but with the addition of Spider-Man, Ghosts of Tsushima, Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, Days Gone, and Death Stranding. The UI has always been shit, but annoyingly, they got rid of 'Recently Added' and 'PlayStation Exclusives' categories. Still no search bar/function. Oh well. This is what it looks like...
Z4kql8o.jpg

Once my sub ends I doubt there will be much reason to stay subscribed just for PC, given Spider-Man + Miles Morales and Uncharted Collection are coming to Steam later this year, emulation for PSP, PSX, PS2, and PS3 is better on PC, and there's no phone app. Oh well, in the meantime looking forward to playing GoT and Miles Morales.

Last edited:

Neo-Kny

Neo Member
Can anyone explain to me:

- I have PS+ till November and I want to upgrade to Extra. Will I pay add-on fee till November or just regular fee of Extra for one year?
my ps+ subscription ends in june 20, i upgraded to extra and payed only 0.59, it said it was a proportional pay and i will pay full price in june 20 when be renewed my year subscription

ManaByte

j0hnnix

I'm really debating paying up the extra 31 bucks.. and waiting for a lucky sale on cdk... November. Mine expires Dec. 21st.

Just looking at the list posted by ManaByte ManaByte looks really worth it.

Last edited:

MScarpa

This was a nice surprise. I had forgotten. A lot of great games, unfortunately I have already purchased almost all of them but this is fantastic! I did see the removed MGS4 and a few others which sucks. My only complaint is please figure out PS3 catalog and get it all on here. And PS2 while you're at it.

Top Bottom