• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 13-19 | Handsome fighters never lose majors

gutabo

Christopher Gonzalez @NYChrisG

Now that's its finally over, I could get back to what I gotta do. Trying to go home tonight.

apparently he just wanted to leave.

Seems like something was up with his hands

https://twitter.com/NYChrisG/status/424958946995367936

Christopher Gonzalez ‏@NYChrisG
My hands are frozen right now. Lol

https://twitter.com/NYChrisG/status/424963586406895616
Christopher Gonzalez ‏@NYChrisG
Awe well guys. I'm sorry. Couldn't do what I wanted.

Christopher Gonzalez ‏@NYChrisG 8 h
@Chrismatrix303 I had zero movement. No pun intended. =P

@Chrismatrix303 and I couldn't do any combos either.

@Chrismatrix303 cause I wouldn't have been able to soul fist. It's cool though. I just wanna go home.

xCobalt

It always seems like Chris gets flak for just picking his old team. Anytime yipes or justin switches it up, no one really cares. Justin has stuck with his main for awhile but yipes usually changes it every tournament he attends.

Marz

It always seems like Chris gets flak for just picking his old team. Anytime yipes or justin switches it up, no one really cares. Justin has stuck with his main for awhile but yipes usually changes it every tournament he attends.

Its cuz the team has Ryu on it and its obviously a troll/sandbagging/I don't care team.

Yipes teams are all competitively viable

Kalamari

Sounds like ChrisG could have some sort of repetitive stress injury or something.

LIJoe gonna take on the Empire like Luke Skywalker.

Dahbomb

Using extended Soul Fists match after match, tournament after tournament is a strain on the body and is likely to shorten his long term career as a fighting game player if he uses it all the time.

It's like the modified stop and go Dempsey Roll from Hajime No Ippo. I am sure ChrisG has gone to a doctor and has been told that he has a limit.

I mean its why not many people actually use Morrigan at that level. There is a crazy execution barrier to pass and after that stamina/fatigue starts to set in. Not to mention that if you play FChamp he will try to cross your inputs up and leave you hanging. ChrisG practices Soul Fist while under MODOK's Jamming Bomb, that's why he's the best.

Rotanibor

Been a little over a month, my focus has been on the local scene, but its time to start these up again.

GGPO Vampire Savior Tournament #40 is TONIGHT at 8pm PST/11pm EST! Get on GGPO now to warm up!

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/rotanibor

I'll go live, and also start sign-ups at about 7:30pm PST.

Clawww

It's like the modified stop and go Dempsey Roll from Hajime No Ippo. I am sure ChrisG has gone to a doctor and has been told that he has a limit.

I would go buy a hat and eat it if chris actually went to see a doctor lmfao

does not strike me as someone that proactive--that goes for most of the scene.

most of them already do

NEC/FR

I think he means specific to each fighting game series. Like strongstyle for tekken.

You don't think his Ryu team isn't viable? It's not a throw away team if he was not able to play his Morrigan Doom team that would be his second team. It's not like he ended up using his Phoenix Wright team.

Well, if it's a legit team then it's a legit loss. You can't have it both ways.

Infinite

Every sub-FGC should try to have an event like Apex is for Smash.

The MK community could do their own event and put Divekick at 9am.

you guys have been on point all weekend with the jokes.

most of them already do

NEC/FR

Final Round is a Tekken major but I wouldn't think of NEC as an anime one although the scene has been coming out to it for years. Big E just likes to give every game a chance.

Clawww

i cant believe it's not a fighting game = references the entire series and the ages long debate and jokes surrounding it

amsa = some scrub who didn't even make top 8

Dahbomb

I would go buy a hat and eat it if chris actually went to see a doctor lmfao

does not strike me as someone that proactive--that goes for most of the scene.
Nah I don't think he went to see a doctor but the threat of carpal tunnel syndrome is very real from doing those Soul Fist unfly sequences.

I mean I got it for playing DMC3 too much and that's on a pad... the wrist motions required for using a stick is more strenuous for that area that is prone to causing carpal tunnel.

Silky

Banned
Everyone gets Carpal tunnel from extensive play.

Wonder why something like Bengay wouldn't sponsor professional gaming. seems up their alley considering how common ct could be

vocab

Fighting Games Weekly | The Chris G show had a bad episode
Fighting Games Weekly | I thought Oni was banned
Fighting Games Weekly | SHOCKING NEWS: Triforce still a thief.

GreenScar

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1q1v1b/whats_the_haps_its_dieminion_ask_me_anything/cd8ekng

He's been pretty up front about the whole thing (in a Reddit IAmA no less) and this horse has been beaten to death, IMO.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, if I recall correctly, when people were originally donating it wasn't under the condition that they would be paid back. He had the little donation drive and hit his goals. It wasn't until after the donation drive was over that a couple days later the vxg money came through and Triforce said they would reimburse people.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I remember Joe's early streams and he had Triforce on there all the time. People were going in on Triforce but Joe said Triforce is cool peoples and has never screwed him over. Looks like times have changed.

Using extended Soul Fists match after match, tournament after tournament is a strain on the body and is likely to shorten his long term career as a fighting game player if he uses it all the time.

I mean its why not many people actually use Morrigan at that level. There is a crazy execution barrier to pass and after that stamina/fatigue starts to set in. Not to mention that if you play FChamp he will try to cross your inputs up and leave you hanging. ChrisG practices Soul Fist while under MODOK's Jamming Bomb, that's why he's the best.

I'm dying, I'm literally dying from laughter.

Stahp.Plz.

Clawww

Nah I don't think he went to see a doctor but the threat of carpal tunnel syndrome is very real from doing those Soul Fist unfly sequences.

I mean I got it for playing DMC3 too much and that's on a pad... the wrist motions required for using a stick is more strenuous for that area that is prone to causing carpal tunnel.

oh you're definitely spot on in terms of risk

recently MGR (Sam VR missions) bodied my wrists

Everyone gets Carpal tunnel from extensive play.

Wonder why something like Bengay wouldn't sponsor professional gaming. seems up their alley considering how common ct could be

honestly TOs should hit up companies that make straps and cuffs for wrist problems. market them similarly to gunnars or something and you're in there. It's honestly something I would consider, but then again, I try to be precautious about these things

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
honestly TOs should hit up companies that make straps and cuffs for wrist problems. market them similarly to gunnars or something and you're in there. It's honestly something I would consider, but then again, I try to be precautious about these things
Can't wait for the thread title discussions that week
iIC87.png

Kalamari

Those in-game messages that tell you to take breaks are no joke. It's especially important when the game requires constant repetitive button and/or stick use.
Whenever there is a semi-auto gun in an FPS, I usually call it the "carpal tunnel gun."

Top Bottom