• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

zlatko

Banned
Chris G so solid.

Really hope he can take this grand finals. He almost had digits earlier. With J Wong coaching he should have this.

He should bring out his pocket Takeda. Raiden vs Takeda seems in Takeda's favor IMO.

galvatron

IDK man...that point Juicebox made a while back is on display. Lack of fundamentals let Chris take that. Random Super and giving up corner multiple times cost him rather than Chris being amazing there.

IDK man...that point Juicebox made a while back is on display. Lack of fundamentals let Chris take that. Random Super and giving up corner multiple times cost him rather than Chris being amazing there.

Nah man. Chris G is top 10 in the world in terms of intelligence in fighting games.

pixelish

Nah man. Chris G is top 10 in the world in terms of intelligence in fighting games.
PSPnG5g.gif

i see what you did there.

Vice

I think Juicebox's poitn was that, that type of scenario recognition and decision making isn't unobtainable. It's a grind that many players, with success on all levels, are unwilling to make because the perceived return for grinding hours to master poking and space control is less than learning a particular combo that does 50%. Especially when you can get great success immediately with certain things while screen and scenario knowledge requires tons of practice.

Ancestral seems totally booty. Chris had to do so much work there; needing the arrow ready to do a far less damaging combo than bojitsu along with the fact that the arrow's only active for a small amount of time seems trash.

zlatko

Banned
PSPnG5g.gif

i see what you did there.

What? He's not wrong. Chris G is good at FIGHTING GAMES----not just one game.

Top contender in anything he plays. Mahvel, SF, MK, etc. Daigo for example is just street hitter. I know Daigo has played other games in the past, but that's all he sticks with now.

pixelish

I think Juicebox's poitn was that, that type of scenario recognition and decision making isn't unobtainable. It's a grind that many players, with success on all levels, are unwilling to make because the perceived return for grinding hours to master poking and space control is less than learning a particular combo that does 50%. Especially when you can get great success immediately with certain things while screen and scenario knowledge requires tons of practice.
he wasn't serious. it was a reference to an earlier post.

fader

Ancestral seems totally booty. Chris had to do so much work there; needing the arrow ready to do a far less damaging combo than bojitsu along with the fact that the arrow's only active for a small amount of time seems trash.

yea I think he is only picking it in memory of Green Arrow. Bojitsu seems like the stronger stance tho.

zlatko

Banned

Seconded.

You get so much more use of meter with Bojitsu. Meterless 35%+ no issue off a confirm. With meter 40%+ off ONE bar. That means 3 right reads, or 3 punishes, and you can win with Bojitsu. With Ancestral that's 5ish it seems. Meh.

Plus every time he sets up one of those arrows he had to block a mix up potentially where he did it on screen. It killed his momentum.

Also, I didn't see him making use of any of the other arrows. Stun is cool and all, but one of the things you give up easily is wake up ex bow swing which is amazing against people doing pressure on your wake up.

El Sloth

Banned
Although I was playing El Sloth (who is in NYC, so a real cross-country connection) and that was... tolerable? Hardly ideal, especially since he was spamming lynchpin and 5[C] like a jerk. :< Aasfdgfdgdfgh I wish this game had better netcode.
¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

Not my fault [5]C becomes 3x more safe to throw out online! Those bad habits are going blow up in my face the next time I decide to go TSB or something though.

How well MKX does in the long run depends entirely on its community. Initial hype and stream numbers don't really mean anything for fighting games, especially compared to stuff from other genres.

kitzkozan

seems like art wants MKX to be the main FG in general or something

I think he just wants to watch the world burn.

Yeah, MKX will somehow become the biggest FG around when Asia give zero fuck about it. :p I also suspect Europe has a niche community for it, but I know some countries are still negatively biased toward western made FG like France.

The game has potential to become the focus of the FGC, but the caliber of players is nowhere close to what SFIV offer (and that's a factor that's just as important as the game itself).

OceanBlue

Forgot what stream he was in but yeah, there was definitely talk like that coming from him in chat. Might've been his own channel.

seems like art wants MKX to be the main FG in general or something

I think he just wants to watch the world burn.

Sounds like he's trying to create hype to drive up interest in MKX to me. Dunno if this will result in anything but getting people partisan though lol.

Onemic

Yeah, MKX will somehow become the biggest FG around when Asia give zero fuck about it. :p I also suspect Europe has a niche community for it, but I know some countries are still negatively biased toward western made FG like France.

The game has potential to become the focus of the FGC, but the caliber of players is nowhere close to what SFIV offer (and that's a factor that's just as important as the game itself).

MK will go back to being a niche game in a year. Happened to MK9 so I dont see why anything would be different here. Especially since NRS has already destroyed their PC community and their netcode is straight booty. Quote me on it.

Malice215

People need to calm down with this MKX viewer stuff and putting a game that's a month old against a game that's been around 5+ years. Give the game a few months and let's see how it does once the novelty wears off.

zlatko

Banned
People need to calm down with this MKX viewer stuff and putting a game that's a month old against a game that's been around 5+ years. Give the game a few months and let's see how it does once the novelty wears off.

I can safely say I'll be grinding this game until SF5 next year.

Which at that point someone can quote me on it in 2016, but MKX will be dead as a door nail once SF5 comes out.

Top Bottom