• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Dreamhack Austin [CPT Premier event] [04/28-04/30]

One of the things that could let Haitani win is that he's super aggressive, and Punk might not be able to deal with that with his spacing style.

.la1n

It's amazing I'm watching a SF V grand final at 6:15pm est. I had completely forgotten what that's like.

I wonder what deal with the devil Punk made to get so good, so fast.

I was trying to discuss this after NCR ended. The dude was basically a typical Platinum player last Summer. Now he's the best player in the world about 10 months later. How can anyone improve that much in such a short time. It almost seems like something not of this Earth was involved lol.

Ok, Haitani can actually stop him.

This means nothing once you are used to the delay. Also he plays on a PS4 controller, which has the less delay of all devices.

I know, I'm joking. That was an excuse by a lot of top players and Punk is doing it reliably.

Dahbomb

All three among Haitani, Xian and Punk have been whiff punishing all day.

Punk just making everyone here look sigma free.

One thing that always fucking impresses me with Punk that not a lot of people talk about is his optimization. He always knows the max damage combo from any touch he gets, and I wonder if he memorizes all the combo paths he can take.

Tripon

I was trying to discuss this after NCR ended. The dude was basically a typical Platinum player last Summer. Now he's the best player in the world about 10 months later. How can anyone improve that much in such a short time. It almost seems like something not of this Earth was involved lol.

Punk didn't get national attention until he finished 2nd at the NA Online Ranking event #2, losing to Fchamp.

That got him a ticket to the CPT NA Regional Finals in Seattle where he finished 3rd.

He didn't get to go to Capcom Cup, but he won NEC several weeks later, and he's just been on a roll since. It's really a remarkable ascendant he's been on.

Panda Global made the right decision to sponsor him right before the season started. With the streak he's currently on, Punk could have picked any team that has room on their roster now.

alpha.png

I just noticed no "USA" chants because everybody just expect Punk to roll over Haitani. Hell they might actually want Haitani to do good because they don't want such a decisive victory.

Top Bottom