• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

/looks at news feeds.

Huh. Would you look at that.

/reschedules popcorn fiesta until tomorrow morning.

I'm still good for the salt party. Cheddar cheese doesn't sound too bad either :)

Camwi

So we have two free 11 pulls, one paid guaranteed 5* 11 pull, one free singular pull for 28 days, a bundle full of probably good stuff, a raid with hopefully good rewards and finally and most important than all, 6* WoL.

This will be a decent month I guess.

Is there anything missing that was expected?

This is fucking amazing. They really outdid themselves with this anniversary.

Alkez

Damn, so much news.

Firstly thanks to everyone who responded my post yesterday. I'm not going to respond to any individual posts but know that I have read them all and taken what was said on-board.

Secondly, GL news overload lol. So we have exploration and raid to do this week. Surprised they're doubling up but this is global lol. I'm not going to lie, I was surprised by WoL upgrade lol. I found it weird Garland didn't get any GL buffs though. Kind of an outdated character now. Still viable, but a buff would have been nice.

On a side note, I haven't seen across post in here in a while. Obviously everyone has real life shit and whatnot, just surprised seeing as he was a fairly regular poster before. Hope he hasn't quit and that everything's alright irl.

Today's the last day of the Brave Frontier event right?

Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was tomorrow. I'm 4k off 30k ore of the final support giant cryst, so I'll do that right before maintenance for the NRG burn.

[JP] I wanted another Cor so I could get another copy of his TM so I used one of my 4* tickets (I was saving them for the support and tank banners for WoL and Rikku).

What did I get? Fucking WoL. Then I use another average ticket and what do I get? Fucking Rikku. Not happy with this I use another average ticket and what do I get? Fucking Cor.

I literally got 3 characters I wanted in a row, this is unbelievable by all possible standards.

Seriously how can your luck be so good over there lol. Actually ridiculous. Congrats, you're pretty much set now. Just need a chainer iirc? I'm not going to lie, this post really tempted me to spend some of my 30 tickets, but I'm staying strong for now. None of these banners really help me.

So the holy trinity of 4* is formed on the same day the holy trinity of 5* is formed as well. Powercreep in full force.

I feel like in GL it's a quaternity. Fryevia deserves her place imo.

Argh, this is what I was afraid of. I still don't have WoL and now that he's not on a banner, who knows if/when I'll ever get him.

Ah I know that feeling. I've only ever got 1 and that was when I was chasing Aileen. Chased him on both banners to no avail. Meanwhile I've had 6 Refias, 6 Mercedes, and at least 42 Hopes...

This is fucking amazing. They really outdid themselves with this anniversary.

Agreed. Very impressed over here.

sasuke_91

I'm an idiot. I always read WoL in this thread and only now did I notice that Warrior of Light is meant by that. I still have 2 4* WoLs sitting on the bench. Might as well awaken one of them.

Have to agree again on the fact that Gumi really went above and beyond my expectations for this anniversary. There's just so much stuff coming this month I can't even believe. And the way things have aligned it should be a month of lapis refills because I will be getting some more gift cards.

Feels good.

Alkez

Question about moves like Thundaja. Do they need to be used every turn in order to keep their "stacks" (for lack of a better term) and do they lose them if they die?

Kouriozan

Yes, 155 relics now, I got this!
Question about moves like Thundaja. Do they need to be used every turn in order to keep their "stacks" (for lack of a better term) and do they lose them if they die?
Nope, Global just got that fix.
As long as you don't defend, auto-attack or die, you keep your stacks.

Will be super useful for tomorrow's event.

Xevren

Can't wait for tomorrow. WoL was the first unit I pulled when I started playing, excited to get him to 6 stars. Almost done with my first set of tmr's, first being Zidane, yay.

Alkez

Yes, 155 relics now, I got this!

Nope, Global just got that fix.
As long as you don't defend, auto-attack or die, you keep your stacks.

Will be super useful for tomorrow's event.

Ah nice, thanks for the info.

Which event, the raid or the exploration? And in what regard?

Ready for meltdowns tomorrow and Friday

I'm still not sure what my play is tomorrow. I think I'll do a daily and test the waters. If it's Sabin like quality I'll just stop, it won't get better from there. If it's decent I'll start spending tickets.

That being said the day I got Freya as a daily I also got Fryevia with my next ticket, so I'm not sure how solid this plan is lol.

HomesIice

Does anyone have tips for beating Aranea over at JPBE?

I've been trying the evade thing for WOL (sword, shield, cape, Yda's TMs) but I keep dying! It seems fine for the first few turns but then she suddenly kills everyone??

Might have to ask for a 100% friend if I don't end up beating it myself :'(

Man, screw arena this week. No divine ruination or crushing blow. If I find a Noctis it's a 10 turn fight.

Yeah exactly. These are the kings (and queens) of damage.

Curious, who's the best of the three? I see Aileen hits hardest but being tied to an element limits her use a bit more.

c-murph

omgawd the connection issues are so much ass today. Like every other battle in the Earth Shrine.

We can get Tidus from the 5* 10+1 right?

It's possible but wouldn't necessarily count on it. I don't think the pull has the increase drop rates from the weeks banner. So I assume its more or less an equal chance for everybody (or whatever GUMI's hidden drops rates are). But then again they could fuzz up everything and Tidus for all! lol

Oh snap

I can share mine if needed

I'm ok for now, depends how she does in the raid. Just a lot easier to find Orlandu friends. Luckily she chains pretty good with him.

I was able to cheese through maxwell ELT with 2x her. Might try finishing up some trials if i ever get enough stamina.

c-murph

Right now, Orlandu no contest.

After enhancements, it's a toss up.

My vote goes here. I mean the more of him you have the better obviously but its his neutral affinity chain attack that changes based on the element type equip that make him so useful against bosses.

After enhancements... Aileen seems to be top in JP I guess.

Alkez

Curious, who's the best of the three? I see Aileen hits hardest but being tied to an element limits her use a bit more.

Well I'm saying four because imo Fryevia is definitely up there. I think it's personal preference more than anything. All of them are pretty much locked into their respective elements, but Fryevia more so as her main move isn't neutral like the others.

Orlandu is by far the easiest to chain with. Tidus offers a lot more support and has the strongest elemental imperial, but doesn't have access to it straight away. And Aileen is somewhere in the middle, providing some support but has the same offensive skill as Orlandu, just not as easy to chain with. Aileen has access to every weapon though giving her the most setup versatility. And unless the enemy completely resists ice Fryevia cannot be stopped, because she can hit Def or spr, making her the most damage versatile.

It all really comes down to what you like imo. I went for Aileen because I like the idea of being able to capitalise on every weapon and TM that buffs that. And even though chaining is hard I wouldn't change if I had the choice. Versatile units suit me better.

That being said I got lucky and got Fryevia on a ticket so maybe I would be feeling differently if I only had one.

Additional note: obviously this is before enhancements. We have no clue what will happen to Fryevia so it's hard to talk about that. Generally Aileen is considered the strongest. If she's going off element Orlandu hits a little harder, but at the same time Aileen can access every element.

udca

Man, screw arena this week. No divine ruination or crushing blow. If I find a Noctis it's a 10 turn fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aileen doesn't seem to be tied to an element. Pile Driver is neutral. Actually it's the same skill as Orlandeau except it reduces earth resistance instead of light. She can also equip every weapon in the game

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aileen doesn't seem to be tied to an element. Pile Driver is neutral. Actually it's the same skill as Orlandeau except it reduces earth resistance instead of light. She can also equip every weapon in the game

Correct. Just like Orlandu she needs an Earth weapon to shine like he needs a Light one. However the actual chaining move does 0 elemental damage just lowers the elemental defense.

bonkeng

My vote goes here. I mean the more of him you have the better obviously but its his neutral affinity chain attack that changes based on the element type equip that make him so useful against bosses.

After enhancements... Aileen seems to be top in JP I guess.

For raw damage, yes Aileen seems to beat the rest.

But Shouta did mention a few pages back that the reason Orlandu is still preferable in JP is because of his versatility in chaining perfectly with DV and budget Agrialandu.

J-Tier

Excited for WoL. To finally have a viable tank on my team!

Will Garland be any good?

Some earlier posts imply that he's not good because he's outdated.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- Will my 6* WoL replace Cecil after ~9 months?

-- I don't have Orlandu, Aileen, or (obviously) Tidus yet. Wish me luck this month!

-- I have 16 tickets and 7K lapis. Should I burn all 16 on day 1? Should I stick to dailies or should I try an (additional) 10+1?

-- Want to shout out this Grand Gaia event. I was out of town for a week and couldn't set up any TM farming anyway but this was a great way to burn energy, grab all sorts of shit, get me nearly to rank 100 (!!) and in general have a fun easy time playing the game. Bravo!

-- I'm kinda fallling in love with the expeditions. I'm at 145 relics, getting tons of rewards, and really appreciate all the little efforts that are going into it, whether it's the clever names of each or the micro stories, seeing that effort really goes a long way. One thing: the gil costs are starting to add up big time. Anyone else seeing this shit?

-- just a note that we're playing a very different game than the one we started however long ago. It's been a great run so far and I love this community.

Valonquar

All these 10+1 & free pulls, I sure hope I end up with a Greg. I hate not having one of my Orlandous over 1k ATK. Wouldn't say no to a 3rd Orlandou either. I have 2 Fryvias but they need a LOT of work on equip.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
All these 10+1 & free pulls, I sure hope I end up with a Greg. I hate not having one of my Orlandous over 1k ATK. Wouldn't say no to a 3rd Orlandou either. I have 2 Fryvias but they need a LOT of work on equip.

ZsfpZsE.jpg

Pejo

HOLY SHIT WOL6* THEY DID IT, THE MADMEN!!!!!

Tons of news today but fuck all that noise, the real MVP is finally here. So damn happy.

Doctor_No

Well I'm saying four because imo Fryevia is definitely up there. I think it's personal preference more than anything. All of them are pretty much locked into their respective elements, but Fryevia more so as her main move isn't neutral like the others.

Orlandu is by far the easiest to chain with. Tidus offers a lot more support and has the strongest elemental imperial, but doesn't have access to it straight away. And Aileen is somewhere in the middle, providing some support but has the same offensive skill as Orlandu, just not as easy to chain with. Aileen has access to every weapon though giving her the most setup versatility. And unless the enemy completely resists ice Fryevia cannot be stopped, because she can hit Def or spr, making her the most damage versatile.

It all really comes down to what you like imo. I went for Aileen because I like the idea of being able to capitalise on every weapon and TM that buffs that. And even though chaining is hard I wouldn't change if I had the choice. Versatile units suit me better.

That being said I got lucky and got Fryevia on a ticket so maybe I would be feeling differently if I only had one.

Additional note: obviously this is before enhancements. We have no clue what will happen to Fryevia so it's hard to talk about that. Generally Aileen is considered the strongest. If she's going off element Orlandu hits a little harder, but at the same time Aileen can access every element.

We should definitely not forget Fryevia. Orlandeau is definitely easier to work with, and everybody has him as their friend unit (so its easy to chain), but Fryevia's damage output is easily far superior to Orlandeau's, and her hybrid damage is useful against enemies with physical resist (such as Maxwell ELT trail, and that last Wilhelm event).

The problem with her is that she's difficult to build (requiring four Letter of Arms TMs), dual wield, and her sword (the TMs you build for Orlandeau at least can find wider usage on other dps units). Worse, you really need more than one of her (meaning yet another TM array grind) and maybe even an extra friend unit to chain.

Orlandeau is easier all around, especially if you're not a whale or don't do TM macroing, but Fryevia is still the better BiS unit.

In terms of ranking Orlandeau, Aileen, and others, for GL we shouldn't follow JP's example unconditionally. By delaying some units, nerfing TMs and stacking, and adding some excellent exclusive units, the dynamics are very different.

Reberta is also an amazing unit (but again, you really need more than one of her to shine). As is Olive. Aileen's meta also changes due to Yun's TM crimson slayer, especially later with Aigaion's arm.

By the time that GL catches up with JP, I expect the meta to have diverged significantly.

Zalasta

Been getting less and less rank C/D mission in Expedition and more A/B (even an S). I wonder if the pool gets harder as you progress through the week (or as you accumulate more relics). I miss the Sacred Crystal missions, haven't seen any since the first few days.

We should definitely not forget Fryevia. Orlandeau is definitely easier to work with, and everybody has him as their friend unit (so its easy to chain), but Fryevia's damage output is easily far superior to Orlandeau's, and her hybrid damage is useful against enemies with physical resist (such as Maxwell ELT trail, and that last Wilhelm event).

The problem with her is that she's difficult to build (requiring four Letter of Arms TMs), dual wield, and her sword (the TMs you build for Orlandeau at least can find wider usage on other dps units). Worse, you really need more than one of her (meaning yet another TM array grind) and maybe even an extra friend unit to chain.

Orlandeau is easier all around, especially if you're not a whale or don't do TM macroing, but Fryevia is still the better BiS unit.

In terms of ranking Orlandeau, Aileen, and others, for GL we shouldn't follow JP's example unconditionally. By delaying some units, nerfing TMs and stacking, and adding some excellent exclusive units, the dynamics are very different.

Reberta is also an amazing unit (but again, you really need more than one of her to shine). As is Olive. Aileen's meta also changes due to Yun's TM crimson slayer, especially later with Aigaion's arm.

By the time that GL catches up with JP, I expect the meta to have diverged significantly.

You going for 2 Tidus? I was originally going to, and then I said I wasn't even going to go for one, but now I am leaning back towards just getting 2 for the hell of it.

Been getting less and less rank C/D mission in Expedition and more A/B (even an S). I wonder if the pool gets harder as you progress through the week (or as you accumulate more relics). I miss the Sacred Crystal missions, haven't seen any since the first few days.

I totally believe this is the case. Yesterday I started with 3 full day expeditions 2 S 1 A. Did a reset and it turned into the same thing just different versions. Because of that I probably won't hit the 160. Oh well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

I think this is 100% accurate. And also far fewer 3 hours. I just had to select from an 8 hour lvl D or a 12 hour C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom