• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

I am rixa no worries :x

I hope this anniversary will give me a few rainbow..
I'm going in with 10k lapis, 20 tix and 1 4* tix

After a few months, I'm coming back to the game!

Have some open spaces in my account!

Mikon: 671 178 782!

giphy.gif

Jk...okay i'm not. So many new and also apparently old faces. Great how this community grows :D

Kouriozan

I'm soooo not feeling that guaranted rainbow, maybe it's a sign I should do it?
I don't want to get yet another Ramza or a second Lightning/Dark Knight Cecil, everything else is fine.

I'm soooo not feeling that guaranted rainbow, maybe it's a sign I should do it?
I don't want to get yet another Ramza or a second Lightning/Dark Knight Cecil, everything else is fine.
Pray for landu/aileen//fryevia
Get lightning//dkc

Or i could get my third dark fina and throw my phone against the wall..
In a meta that hates mages i have 2x dfina and 1 x emperor.. And my dfinas are not awakened as they cost a shitton crystals

Pejo

Better get the pitchforks ready, because I have this feeling they're gonna hold out a little longer on this. No idea why the hell they won't give us he 6* form, though.

The frustrating part is that his 6*, while great, isn't game breaking until the enhancements.

C'mon Gimu, plz.

Syntsui

So what will be the theory when they don't release 6* WoL this month? ''They want to make Earth Veritas more relevant when he releases''?

Kouriozan

If I can get 22 relics in 30 hours, I'll be able to grab that trust moogle!
So what will be the theory when they don't release 6* WoL this month? ''They want to make Earth Veritas more relevant when he releases''?
I laughed.

Gumi will probably wait until Roy's enhancement before giving us Ramza's ones too, because he would be too useful for an old 5*.

Lyrian

If I can get 22 relics in 30 hours, I'll be able to grab that trust moogle!
I laughed.

22 relics in 30 hours should be quite doable.

The average pacing for relics to reach 160 in a week is ~23 per day. Unless you keep getting stuck with 3x 24h missions, you should be able to plan accordingly to get them successfully.

Lyrian

Gumi will probably wait until Roy's enhancement before giving us Ramza's ones too, because he would be too useful for an old 5*.

The current trend for Global seems to be not release enhancements on an old unit until a new unit arrives has better base abilities than the enhanced old unit. So, yeah, I don't have Ramza's enhancements written in until at least a month after Roy is released.

tuffymon

Personally can't wait for the rainbow pull, the odds of me pulling a dupe are pretty darn low (I only have 4 rainbows)... but I wouldn't say no to another Noctis or Gilgamesh either~

Alkez

If there still is Global players. Hop to Discord Chat and discuss with everyone there about Global Brave Exvius.

kthxbye.

I really feel like I made two good post on this yesterday but for the most part they were ignored or missed. I would like to have an open discussion about this because right now I'm just seeing people say (here and on discord, in some form or another) that they dislike it but aren't really giving the rationale behind their thought process.

As one of the most active posters and JP posters (of late) in this thread I need an understanding of this, because in essence people are getting annoyed at what I'm posting. I'm not sure if people know but I actually signed up to GAF to be a part of this thread specifically, so it makes me a little sad that I'm agitating people this much, that's never been my intention here.

Really I would just like anyone to give me their thoughts on it. What is it about JP posts specifically that bother you? I often go off topic in this thread, does that also bother you? And if not what is the difference in your eyes? Or is it just the volume of JP posts the issue? (I gave my thoughts on that yesterday)

I don't know if anyone will respond to this or not but I would appreciate it at least. For now I think I should refrain from posting here until I get an understanding of what is ok and what isn't. I don't want anyone to dislike the thread because of me, so either I need to change what and/or how often I'm posting, or follow in Chilly's footsteps lol.

tuffymon

Maybe some feel that it's taking from global? or super jelly on how amazing almost everyone's pulls have been? or even feeling left out from the chat as they have no desire to mess with JP?

Personally, I don't mind it, I know it's a phase that won't last very long and feels good playing summon simulator for all those tasty rainbows we know we won't have in our pool for a long time. I'm sure after maintenance tonight we'll have more to talk about (or less depending on how you view ole WoL ><) / Friday and seeing our festivities having started.

Xion86

It doesn't really bother me too much, I think at first it was a little odd as I go through every page before I catch up to the latest post, and I was totally lost with what everyone was going on about as all the hype seemed to be about the JP version of the game and names which were completely new (and screenshots where I couldn't understand much or read the text). I think as long as the post starts with [JP] (the bold really helps) then it's easier to skip through the and ignore (unless you're interested to read of course). But yeah, not too bothered here as I like to see this thread busy. It's this community which really makes the game for me, don't think I'd be able to play without it.

I'd love to join in on the Discord chat more too, but hardly have as much time to play as it is, and when I'm on my iPad, I'm usually catching up with the thread, playing the game or watching something. I do try come on when I can though :).

Anyway, so how are you guys going to juggle between the Grand Gaia Chronicles and The Enchanted Maze until they both end?

Well bought everything from the Moogle King I wanted. All Gian/Pure Crysts except White/Healing/Green/Guard. Everything else except the Materia's as I already had the ones I wanted from last time and the 2 weapons from before as well as 2 of them are redundant. Still have 30k left, and will probably still run it the next day or days whatever it is. Probably just buy more 6* mats or I guess I could get the Guard crysts for WoL (lol) and Randi. Dunno.

Edit: Actually is Demonic Life worth it? I didn't buy it last time as it seemed niche as fuck, and is it worth having 2 of Elza's materia if you only have a single Elza? I think it stacks, but the loss of ATK might not be worth it.

Visceir

You're probably taking this more seriously than you should, doubt anyone is legit upset over it...or at least enough to warrant long discussion.

As for why it might be annoying -- GL and JP might bear the same name but they're still two completely different versions and when people frequent their source for the game they'd like to see information/discussion on the game they're playing rather than this other foreign thing....might be even worse if the other version players openly gloat about how x is so much better than y.

Syntsui

I didn't grab the Tech crysts but I got all the other relevant ones, I'll get more 30k currency for the moogle and finish the story before the half stamina is gone. I'm just glad this is done and we are near the next raid, whatever the hell it is.

About JP discussion, there are like less than 10 people playing it and the fact that some of them are the most active members makes it seems like we took over the thread or some nonsense like that, when in reality, it's just that there is not much to talk about global until shit hits the fan Thursday.

No offense intended, Alkez (and other JP players here). I know I'm one of the Discord chatters that complained about this thread becoming ALL JP ALL THE TIME. In all honesty, it's just kidding around. We are rarely all that serious over on Discord but I could easily see someone pop on and think we were legit complaining.

To me personally I will admit that the JP chat can be distracting, but it doesn't actually bother me. I think the main issue is that GL and JP don't feel like the same game. The unit discussions are different. The events are different. The current talking meta points are different. Other that the title, they might as well be completely different games. So before people started labeling their posts with JP, I was very confused and wondered if I wandered into the wrong topic.

That being said, I do like some of the chatter as it helps give advice and context to the GL situation.

In short, I think a separate JP thread might be okay if there are more and more converts coming by this thread, if for no other reason than to make the topics of discussion more consistently relevant. But as it stands now, I don't really find the JP chatter all that intrusive.

Lyrian

JP posts don't bother me at all. As others have said, it's something people are doing to pass the time until the anniversary arrives. At least for the moment.

Taking the advice of the thread as sound, and refreshing to clean out most of the giancrysts. Probably will never have 550% currency drops ever again, unless there is a BF-3 banner in the future.

Edit: Actually is Demonic Life worth it? I didn't buy it last time as it seemed niche as fuck, and is it worth having 2 of Elza's materia if you only have a single Elza? I think it stacks, but the loss of ATK might not be worth it.

Demonic Life is a tough one. The bonuses are nice, but require being less than half life at least once (and not die) for them to enable for the rest of the fight. However, won't players have better buffs up when fighting something actually meaningful? It's in the "if I have extra currency and nothing else to spend it on of value" category.

Seal of Destruction? It's great if you want to just spam her LB in an exploration. Permanent +200% LB boost (before her Madness Rush boost) is solid. Hard to see 2 of them being useful simultaneously in any serious encounter though. That said, I did pick up the second one my Elza, as a "just in case", or if I figure out something once she's fully enhanced.

And as I typed this, a triple metal god spawned. YEEESSSSSSSS....

Demonic Life is a tough one. The bonuses are nice, but require being less than half life at least once (and not die) for them to enable for the rest of the fight. However, won't players have better buffs up when fighting something actually meaningful? It's in the "if I have extra currency and nothing else to spend it on of value" category.

Seal of Destruction? It's great if you want to just spam her LB in an exploration. Permanent +200% LB boost (before her Madness Rush boost) is solid. Hard to see 2 of them being useful simultaneously in any serious encounter though. That said, I did pick up the second one my Elza, as a "just in case", or if I figure out something once she's fully enhanced.

And as I typed this, a triple metal god spawned. YEEESSSSSSSS....

NICE! Yeah, I think I will skip the Demonic Life. I will probably pick up the 2nd SoD though, why not. I may as well get a 2nd pair of each of those weapons also since they have elemental attachment. Looking at required Guard crysts I will need later I only actually need a couple of each Gian/Pure and I am sure I will have plenty by the time we get WoL enhancements in 2025 anyway.

robotuw

I don't mind JP discussion, especially when people remember to use a [jp]. I think global has a bit of an inferiority complex compared to jp, justified or not
it probably is
. Even now that Gumi is finally starting to better differentiate the versions, we'll always be some months behind. It's like trying to have your own party when there's a much louder, more fun one going on next door. Like yeah good for them, but they are just reminding me how crappy my party is. When some people stepped out of our party for a second to check out the other one, the people left behind got a little defensive.

Shouta

TBH, there are a lot of aspects that GL totally trumps JP. Having multiple events running at the same time, getting features earlier like past events returning, more unique events, unit buffs, and heck,, even bundles are pretty sweet from time to time. That golden chest of abundance that's available right now is actually pretty great, for example.

I think Explorations are better than Chocobo Expeditions as well. Getting TM % from the Chocobo thing in JP is kinda nice but pots are a much bigger bottleneck than that. Having a possibility to get those from Explorations is pretty sick. The Adventurer materia is great too even if it's meant to be a long term sort of thing.

bonkeng

I really feel like I made two good post on this yesterday but for the most part they were ignored or missed. I would like to have an open discussion about this because right now I'm just seeing people say (here and on discord, in some form or another) that they dislike it but aren't really giving the rationale behind their thought process.

As one of the most active posters and JP posters (of late) in this thread I need an understanding of this, because in essence people are getting annoyed at what I'm posting. I'm not sure if people know but I actually signed up to GAF to be a part of this thread specifically, so it makes me a little sad that I'm agitating people this much, that's never been my intention here.

Really I would just like anyone to give me their thoughts on it. What is it about JP posts specifically that bother you? I often go off topic in this thread, does that also bother you? And if not what is the difference in your eyes? Or is it just the volume of JP posts the issue? (I gave my thoughts on that yesterday)

I don't know if anyone will respond to this or not but I would appreciate it at least. For now I think I should refrain from posting here until I get an understanding of what is ok and what isn't. I don't want anyone to dislike the thread because of me, so either I need to change what and/or how often I'm posting, or follow in Chilly's footsteps lol.

Initially, I was a bit confused, because it was all too sudden.

But I'm used to it now and even feels amused on what you guys are achieving over there.

But for posters who rarely visits like Vashetti, or the newer players, it can get confusing and bothersome. What PantherL suggested was actually quite fair, by putting JP in front of the post, it significantly helps everyone in identifying which version is being talked about. But the suggestion has been mostly ignored.

In short, for the vets here, it's easy to determine which is which. But for those that aren't following JP, it will be confusing to them.

I won't lie that there hasn't been a moment where I came in here and was confused about what everyone was talking about.

"You pulled who? 30 free tickets? Wat?"

I'm not gonna say it really bothers me but yeah.

Ken

JP is fine for me. I feel like if JP is being discussed then there's probably nothing really new to discuss in GL at the moment.

Lyrian

NICE! Yeah, I think I will skip the Demonic Life. I will probably pick up the 2nd SoD though, why not. I may as well get a 2nd pair of each of those weapons also since they have elemental attachment. Looking at required Guard crysts I will need later I only actually need a couple of each Gian/Pure and I am sure I will have plenty by the time we get WoL enhancements in 2025 anyway.

Yeah, I was looking at the enhancement list and....

White... only Garnet really looks half attractive, looking towards her 6* awakening. Refia needs a ton of them, but why does anyone need Full Life to cost only 5 MP? If you need to cast Full Life that many times, then you've got worse problems to be worrying about.

Black... DFina... and no one else? Hope and Kuja are really, really niche cases that's a hard argument to sell.

Guard... Cecil is a bad deal... 6 T4 + 3 T5 for auto-refresh and 30% more light (lol) resist. Marie is solid, but that requires actually having a Marie. Of course there's that person who doesn't exist, so there won't be any future enhancements, so why bother?

Tech... nobody useful in the short to medium term, outside of Greg and Luneth, and Luneth only needs 1 T4 at worst.

Healing... Luka in the future, perhaps. By then, we should be rolling in these already by the time her enhancements arrive unless they show up early.

So.. almost why even care about most colors at this point, if the vast majority of them are still near useless after 11 batches on JP?

I suppose there's always the chance of a Global Exclusive Curveball somewhere, but that sure didn't happen with Elza, so I doubt the odds are strong of that happening in the future.

Am I generally interpreting the situation correctly?

tuffymon

Took a few tries, stuff like me being silly (cough no eye drops), or me not paying attention >.> (hello sneeze), but finally did manage to beat the trial... and like you said in the video, while unsure osmose until drained seemed to make a difference.

Syntsui

Please give us more Gyancryts, I really want to finish Ultima +2. It means nothing to have a boss weak to magic if all of our magic sources are weak as fuck and Ace's attacks are considered physical by the game.

Valentus

JP or GL posts, all that keeps the community active is welcome.

If you all want to talk about JP well go on! Theres space here for everybody.

We are ExviusGAF, not GLgaf or JPgaf, we are one.

Who is bothered by JP post here? I'm not bothered by it at all. And if someone is then I think they need to reevaluate a few things within themselves.

Further more....

JP or GL posts, all that keeps the community active is welcome.

If you all want to talk about JP well go on! Theres space here for everybody.

We are ExviusGAF, not GLgaf or JPgaf, we are one.

This.

Celegus

Any chance we get both 6* wol and his enhancements at the same time?

Absolutely 0% not a chance, would bet any amount of money on it.

JP stuff doesn't bother me. Did a batch of summons and noped out, not my cup of tea. I'm more just surprised at how many people are getting into it, but you do you!

Lyrian

Also, srsly, they said June but I think they meant next June on WoL 6*. Don't hold yalls breath for tomorrow. Yall might die.

Popcorn is ready, many flavors available.

Heck, I'm going to keep my phone on my nightstand just to check to see how many 6-alarm fires will be burning down GAF and Reddit if he-who-shall-not-be-named actually is not announced in a few hours when I wake up for work in the morning.

This has the potential to be almost as good as Christmas presents :)~

Lots of being cheap with pulls and saving up tickets got me to this point.

Ready for Rikku attempt. Got (19) tickets and 10,000 lapis.

Along with anniversary ticket, that could be 3 11-pulls and (19) tickets to get Rikku.

If I don't get her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom