• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X 20th anniversary survey results

kunonabi

Fahdis

Well X-2 is the best Final Fantasy game since VI so I can certainly relate. That said I like where X-2 ends since the ending being vague is more interesting than being a 100% happy ending.

"X-2" is the best FF? I understand subjective taste but this is bordering on madness... as for the survey... I'm this close to...

HozsNQJ.jpg

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
What Players Want From A Sequel

“A prequel with stuff like Lulu’s past, or Braska’s journey.” (Female/20s)

“I’d like to explore the prospering Zanarkand that Tidus is from.” (Female/30s)

These are things that fans of the game have been asking ever since online communities were formed. I remember back in 2004-2007 when i was active in forums like EOFF these were the most common wishes.
FFX has some great backstories and i'd love to experience them in an actual prequel.

SkylineRKR

I like the peaceful post-FFX vibe FFX-2 has, and the combat system is very good. Too bad the game is too unchallenging though, and the mission design is a mess.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hell I only played 7 remake and it was fantastic. I just wish the story was simpler near the end and it didn't require so much other knowledge :p

Vae_Victis

Banned
Can we have an X-2 that builds on the world hinted at by Eternal Calm, where Yuna is basically (and logically) seen as a respected key figure in the post-Yevon world, and she will have to play a role in addressing the new deep political and moral struggles that are about to unfold in society, while at the same time she tries to carry on her personal quest to look for Tidus?

... What? Yuna has to be a scantly-dressed idol girl who plays Pokemon with the tormented souls of the dead just for the fuck of it? Oh, OK then...

Fahdis

Can we have an X-2 that builds on the world hinted at by Eternal Calm, where Yuna is basically (and logically) seen as a respected key figure in the post-Yevon world, and she will have to play a role in addressing the new deep political and moral struggles that are about to unfold in society, while at the same time she tries to carry on her personal quest to look for Tidus?

... What? Yuna has to be a scantly-dressed idol girl who plays Pokemon with the tormented souls of the dead just for the fuck of it? Oh, OK then...

In the immortal words of Chad Warden...

"We ain't tryin' to do Geometry, we tryin' to play some Gaymes!!!"

Replace Geometry with Politics.

ShinobiWan1

I was living in Japan when FFX was about to be released. (June 2001-April/May 2002) I remember staring at the videos that played at every gas station, grocery store etc. It looked so amazing! I picked up some books on it, and sent them to the US, but it's actually the only main FF game that I haven't played. :O

I own it, multiple times (PS2, PC, XB, Switch), I just haven't had the time I guess :(

I was living in Japan when FFX was about to be released. (June 2001-April/May 2002) I remember staring at the videos that played at every gas station, grocery store etc. It looked so amazing! I picked up some books on it, and sent them to the US, but it's actually the only main FF game that I haven't played. :O

I own it, multiple times (PS2, PC, XB, Switch), I just haven't had the time I guess :(
Trust me, it’s amazing and you should definitely take some time to play it :lollipop_fire:

Top Bottom