• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Ahhh, what the hell happened to the opening movie that played when you left it still on the main menu screen for 30 seconds?

I always watched that before I started, one of my favorite opening movies and always got me pumped to play!

Super disappointing that it's gone =/

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
How overwhelmed am I going to be if I go into this completely blind?
I bought this day one on PS2 but have forgotten everything since. I'm jumping in completely blind and I don't care if I make mistakes along the way. I don't want to mimic someone else's journey. I'd rather create my own experience.

Syntsui

really? i want to play this game without any guides for jobs or so. . .

Just do it, as long as you don't bother to get every single weapon (not missables, but there is an insane amount of grind involved in getting the god tier weapons) or optimizing the hell of your party there is not much to worry about.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just do it, as long as you don't bother to get every single weapon or optimizing the hell of your party tthere is not much to worry about.

So i won't get stuck at a difficult boss or so if i don't follow a guide?

Theres 0 need to worry about min/max in this game. I'm just saying this for the people that feel like they'd need to read a guide or such before playing. This being an FF game, the barrier of entry is pretty low. But there /is/ plenty to dig into if you're inclined.

Sn4ke_911

Theres 0 need to worry about min/max in this game. I'm just saying this for the people that feel like they'd need to read a guide or such before playing. This being an FF game, the barrier of entry is pretty low. But there /is/ plenty to dig into if you're inclined.

Ah great to hear, thanks.

To be honest, maybe hahaha. But nothing that a little bit of grind could't solve. I rememebr getting stuck in a few points due to difficulty spike.

Uuh okay.

Ummmm

I forgot how amazing the CG cutscenes are, and is that narrator the same dude from Darkest Dungeon?!

Wow, when I was younger I didn't connect the thematic similarities to Tactics - this is awesome replaying it and taking everything in again. I never finished this game on PS2 (can't remember why, possibly load time related?) but as long as this version doesn't have some glaring fault (ala Chapter 13 from FFXV) I'm definitely beating it.

Ahhh, what the hell happened to the opening movie that played when you left it still on the main menu screen for 30 seconds?

I always watched that before I started, one of my favorite opening movies and always got me pumped to play!

Super disappointing that it's gone =/

I know, quoting my own post, but I'm sure this opening cinematic will bother someone else, so here's the opening movie from the PS2 version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpl7P9-B1Ho

Unless this does play on the PS4 one and you just need to wait like 5 minutes or something? :p

Now I can play. xD

Milennia

from my understanding this game has an automatic battle system right? like auto attacking in an mmo basically from the videos

still trying decide if im getting this or berseria to fill a gap

from my understanding this game has an automatic battle system right? like auto attacking in an mmo basically from the videos

Yes, characters take actions based on variables you configure in the gambit system. Your main character autoattacks if you select attack.

Milennia

Yes, characters take actions based on variables you configure in the gambit system. Your main character autoattacks if you select attack.

nice that actually interests me, kinda grants freedom of movement so i imagine you get a better look at everything around you and whats going on without really having to mash anything

nice that actually interests me, kinda grants freedom of movement so i imagine you get a better look at everything around you and whats going on without really having to mash anything

Another super nice feature that I haven't experienced with this game until now is the time multiplier. You can set the gamespeed to 2x or 4x. This is going to be a godsend if you decide you want to grind.

B.K.

My copy is supposed to be here tomorrow from Amazon. It's coming through USPS. I'm worried about how badly the steelbook is going to be damaged.

I probably need to get a PS4, too.

ManeKast

Go this. Deeply tactical gameplay in the gambit/job system. Berseria was kinda boring to me.... :-/

Milennia

Go this. Deeply tactical gameplay in the gambit/job system. Berseria was kinda boring to me.... :-/

yeah thats where im leaning, hopefully can finish it in the span of maybe a week and a half of serious play, the speed up system seems like it would cut the original playtime almost in half

How many hours can I expect out of that starting until download?

I moved my ps4 downstairs to lan to download it faster, and I would rather not lug everything back up stairs for what turns out to be 30 minutes or some shit until it needs the rest of the data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEswMN5WfuQ

I need this theme in my life.

Is digital preorder really the only way to get it?

In NA, yes.

Nooo did you wait too long Spin? You had like, the forever before this to pre-order it! ;p

Anywho, this may not be an answer you'll like, but check the other country stores, Hong Kong, Taiwan, they often give away the pre-order only themes to any one that digitally buys the game at any time.

How many hours can I expect out of that starting until download?

I moved my ps4 downstairs to lan to download it faster, and I would rather not lug everything back up stairs for what turns out to be 30 minutes or some shit until it needs the rest of the data.

For me, it took about an hour to get 10GB downloaded for the quick start. I've played 30 minutes using the speed up mechanic and haven't hit the "wait for download to finish" wall.

Looking at 20GB in 2 hours, so ~4 hours to download on decent wireless. Blegh. I've heard there's a way to use your PC as a proxy server and speed things up but haven't researched it/tried it.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
It was a bad idea to run up and poke that dinosaur looking monster in the first area I was in heh.

Sn4ke_911

Watching a stream right now and jesus the english VA is awful.

Thank god for JP dub.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
really? i want to play this game without any guides for jobs or so. . .

You'll be fine. Its a final fantasy game so its easy at the end of the day.

Wanna know how to comfortably beat the game? Have at least 1 white mage in your party. There thats all the strategy you need to beat the base game. And you can do it without a white mage too.

Hahahaha... I hit the cutoff for the quick start digital thing.

An NPC just says "Sorry, you need to wait X hours and X minutes to continue."

Sn4ke_911

You'll be fine. Its a final fantasy game so its easy at the end of the day.

Wanna know how to comfortably beat the game? Have at least 1 white mage in your party. There thats all the strategy you need to beat the base game. And you can do it without a white mage too.

Thanks i will keep that in mind.

lionpants

Anyone know what's up with the in game music? There are three options...

Original (I assume from the original game)
Reorchestrated (redone for the remaster)
OST (fetched from a download code included in first prints)

What is the OST, I can't even hear a difference from the first two but it displays as a third option.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The atmosphere of this game handles that of the FFs that have come since. The only problem I have so far is the FoV is a little too small.

Top Bottom