• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Rad-

So someone uploaded a video about the changes made to trial mode from IZJS. In IZJS you could steal items and get rewards for completing stages but it was pretty worthless because you couldn't transfer anything back to the main game.

IN TZA YOU CAN!

I seriously feel like this changes everything. He uploaded a video of him stealing one of the ultimate weapons from a cactoid in a level 3 trial and transferring it back to his main save file. They made trial mode worth doing when you're not level 90! Now you can get more than 2 genji gloves, more wyrmhero blades, etc!

I'm on mobile and can't easily copy the links but here is the gamefaqs topic about it:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75552047

Another link to a thread about items that can be stolen in trial mode:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939426-final-fantasy-xii-international-zodiac-job-system/75027922

Haha some of the trial drops will totally break the game early. I'm going to resist doing those until at least Balfonheim.

Btw this game is so good guys. If anyone is on the fence, just do it. My GOTY already.

KainXVIII

The widescreen in XII does give you more horizontal info, as well as shaving some off vertically.

Don't know that, thanks. Ideal solution (i think) is only expanding view horizontally and not cutting off vertically, that's why FF12 fov looks a little too narrow to me..

Onya EBgames Australia.

Ordered July 9
Processed and Packed July 11
Still Packed July 12

Not sent. FML.

Shoulda sent it to a store. Preordered on July 6th, didn't get the usual text that comes either on the day or the day before, and it was at my local.

In my experience, having EB Games ship to my home is usually a bad choice.

Guy also told me I was lucky that I preordered because the LE sold out. Checked 20 minutes later and it's still available online lol.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
One minor thing that bothers me. The motion blur when moving the camera. It's not necessary since the game has a smooth framerate. It just makes the image blurry which hurts the visuals imo.

Off-center cut scenes are weird too.

Love the gameplay. And westersands is already kicking my ass.

That said, I gotta know, is decoy actually usable in this version of the game? It's supposed to be THE skill for making tanking possible but for some reason, in both previous releases, it was treated as a negative status effect. As such, it had to pass dice rolls to apply and had a low base accuracy (60%) that was halved if the targeted person had shell (why wouldn't your tank have shell on?). And when I finally did apply, it would last like 10 seconds.
Even if they don't change this it's an easily solvable problem.

Just equip an Indigo Pendant onto your Decoy caster.

aravuus

Man, I really wish I'd get the code for the eguide already. So many Potion chests that feel like they have a rare chance of containing something good, but I'm not gonna start farming them blindly.

At least you only gotta go one zone away to respawn chests.

No, it's the current amount sold. That's how it was in OG and it's the same in IZJS. Technically I'm not sure if they changed it for TZA but I doubt. So, yeah, you still have to sell all your loot at the same time to unlock Bazaar items.

Fuck me, I never knew this was a thing. Gotta start paying attention to what I sell. Found a google doc for the IZJS bazaar items, I'm just gonna assume they didn't change the bazaar much or at all in TZA.

Why couldn't they place the latest save at the top asdsaasdasfasf

I fucking know right

If I want to save on the oldest slot, I gotta first sort by 'last updated' and then scroll all the way down. Needs to have a toggle for it to always automatically sort by last updated and also a reverse of that.

Onya EBgames Australia.

Ordered July 9
Processed and Packed July 11
Still Packed July 12

Not sent. FML.

That happened to me with Uncharted 4 last year (albeit with EB NZ). Now if I pre-order from EB, I choose to pick my order up from a store. Slightly less convenient but at least I know I'll play it on release.

Can anyone tell me if these are good job combinations? First are initial jobs, followed by the second:
Ashe - Knight/Bushido
Balthier - White Mage/Foebreaker
Basch - Archer/Machinist
Fran - Black Mage/Time Battlemage
Penelo - Uhlan/Red Battlemage
Vaan - Shikari/Monk

I've only chosen Penelo and Vaan's first jobs, so there's plenty of time to shift things around if I have to.

SirNinja

I'm actually tempted to not assign a job to anyone until the
Tomb of Raithwall
, where the ability to assign a second job comes up. That way, I can make a permanent save there after the
Belias
fight and just mix and match, with plenty of LP to work with as well. Plus if I ever want to start "another" playthrough with different jobs on everyone, I can just go back to that save and start from there, rather than go through all the story-heavy first act all over again.

The only problem is, getting there that way is going to be very tricky, and definitely grindy. I think the x4 speedup function is going to see a lot of use from me, lol.

Schlomo

Pretty sure it depends on the system language. I have the EU copy and always have my PS4 set to Japanese as system language and got Japanese texts in-game. Swapped over to Norwegian in the PS4 system setting and got English texts in-game.

That is awesome, thanks for the confirmation. All too many PS4 games in recent times that didn't offer this option.

CrassHoppr

Neo Member
Something's not right with this thread. We're already at over 700 posts and I have yet to see a single hi-res pic of Vaan's sexy new abs?

Feep

Banned
I didn't love this when it was released. How much better does the international job system thing make the game? Don't generally care about the QoL or graphic increases, just the systematic ones.

Ydelnae

I have this ready to pick up but I still don't know what jobs to pick for each character. Will try to read some faq on the way home or simply copy paste the setups some of you used lol

Hnnnng, I think my copy is arriving today, it's out for despatch.

Is there a day one patch? Probably a daft question since they all do these days.

Lusankya

No, it's the current amount sold. That's how it was in OG and it's the same in IZJS. Technically I'm not sure if they changed it for TZA but I doubt. So, yeah, you still have to sell all your loot at the same time to unlock Bazaar items.

That's not how it's explained in the guides, though.
http://squarehaven.com/games/PlayStation-2/Final-Fantasy-XII/guide/bazaar.php
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bazaar_(Final_Fantasy_XII)
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/45805

1. You don't have to sell the loot for a specific recipe all at once. The game
remembers every loot sold and the quantities so you don't have to worry
about that. It also doesn't matter where you sell it : any shop is fine.

2. When a recipe is complete and you buy the unlocked Bazaar Goods the quantity
for the loot used in that recipe is set back to 0, even if you sold more
than required.
Ex : The 'High Arcana' recipe needs (among others) 10 Arcana. If you sell 15
of them in a row, 5 are lost. If you sell only 10 and complete the recipe,
exit the selling screen (thus validating the recipe), buy the High Arcana,
come back and sell the remaining five, it will be remembered for later.

Rad-

FFXII is my favorite FF so I'll definitely be picking the game up, but I think I'll wait for the (possible?) PC release since I just played the emulated IZJS version a year ago.

That said, I gotta know, is decoy actually usable in this version of the game? It's supposed to be THE skill for making tanking possible but for some reason, in both previous releases, it was treated as a negative status effect. As such, it had to pass dice rolls to apply and had a low base accuracy (60%) that was halved if the targeted person had shell (why wouldn't your tank have shell on?). And when I finally did apply, it would last like 10 seconds.

This basically lead to the AI constantly spamming the skill if you put it in your gambits so it ended up being a completely worthless skill. Did they address that at all with this release? Being able to have a proper tank would help a lot with the tougher battles in the game.

I don't think it has changed. But what worked for me was making my ranged character cast it on the tank. That way you get 2x and 1.5x debuff chance boosts (from Serenity and Faith). Or of course you can get those with a melee guy as well but you just need to keep him 100% health all the time. Easier with a ranged character.

Another solution is not to cast shell. I don't think it's that needed in this game. Protect is enough for 99% of fights.

Is there a day one patch? Probably a daft question since they all do these days.

Yes there was some patch with minor bug fixes.

I didn't love this when it was released. How much better does the international job system thing make the game? Don't generally care about the QoL or graphic increases, just the systematic ones.

Depends if you like job systems. That's really the main gameplay change. Your characters are more specialized.

kromeo

items for bazaar stuff can be sold at any time and it remembers them if that's what you mean, was the same in the original

aravuus

items for bazaar stuff can be sold at any time and it remembers them if that's what you mean, was the same in the original

So much conflicting information lmao. I'm just gonna start selling them whenever I go to a shop, cba to track my bazaar progress.

Rad-

This is correct but to add it resets those ingredients every time they are used for a bazaar recipe. So this comment:

So, yeah, you still have to sell all your loot at the same time to unlock Bazaar items.

Is also kind of right but it applies to items that share ingredients.

But anyways, just sell asap. No need to worry about them.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
It's here :)

dsc_02661zue6.jpg

img_20170711_1158302mdmu1m.jpg

img_20170711_120052_2xfuoq.jpg

dsc_02725dujc.jpg
pics came out a bit crappy.

The busts are of nice enough quality, made from plastic (same material as the play arts kai figures I guess?), but good detail. The box is a bit flimsy for the price, the Take Your Heart edition of Persona was much more robust.
No ragrets though, it's FFXII.

Loz246789

It's been a while since I played the original, but I THINK how it worked there is:
The game keeps track of what you sell over multiple visits.
Things unlock at specific values of certain items.
If an unlock, for example, requires 2 of X and 3 of Y, when you are notified of that unlock, the X and Y values are reset.
This only happens when you're notified though - if you meet multiple criteria at the same time for different items, you ultimately have to sell less. (for example, thing one requires 2 of X, and thing 2 requires 3 of X, if you meet thing 2's requirements before officially unlocking thing 1, you get both. But if you just meet thing 1, you need to sell 3 more of X later for thing 2)

It's REALLY been a while though, and they may have changed it, so milage may vary.

Rad-

It's been a while since I played the original, but I THINK how it worked there is:
The game keeps track of what you sell over multiple visits.
Things unlock at specific values of certain items.
If an unlock, for example, requires 2 of X and 3 of Y, when you are notified of that unlock, the X and Y values are reset.
This only happens when you're notified though - if you meet multiple criteria at the same time for different items, you ultimately have to sell less. (for example, thing one requires 2 of X, and thing 2 requires 3 of X, if you meet thing 2's requirements before officially unlocking thing 1, you get both. But if you just meet thing 1, you need to sell 3 more of X later for thing 2)

It's REALLY been a while though, and they may have changed it, so milage may vary.

Yes that's how it worked in IZJS and most likely in TZA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Quick question!

If I start grinding early on, will my future added characters gain that amount of levels and LP?

kromeo

Quick question!

If I start grinding early on, will my future added characters gain that amount of levels and LP?

In the vanilla game at least there's never any reason to grind until Ozmone Plain and Jahara when gear really starts to ramp up in price, and you'll long since have all characters by then

Rad-

Quick question!

Levels yes. One popular trick is to farm Dustia enemies when you only have Vaan (still works, I tried it yesterday. You can youtube it if you're interested but I wouldn't overdo it. Makes the early game too easy). That way all the characters start at higher levels when you get them.

Top Bottom